Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

That is going to be so hilarious! Varty and Coop back together again.

I just watched the interviews with the cast at the KC site and you can just see how happy they all are with the show. All of them are just so funny in their own way, and their chemistry is just so on point. Love it.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~
I'd love to see Michael on the show!! This is great news...who knows maybe he'll even do more then one episode.
Well now wouldn't that be a little piece of heaven.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
Old 10-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Today tvguide.com has a poll up on new Monday night faves:
Quote:
Which is your favorite new Monday-night show?
How I Met Your Mother
18%

Just Legal
4%

Kitchen Confidential
14%

Out of Practice
4%

Prison Break
48%

Surface
10%
Go vote.

Also, Matt Roush's column with a few of the issues that we have brought up here before. There's a really funny pic on the homepage of Jack cupping Steven's face "like Fredo" and then a cute pic of Bradley at the top of the column:
Quote:
Question: I started the fall season with a lot of cynicism toward sitcoms... so many disappointments in the past. Imagine my surprise to be adding four new comedies to my "must see" list. I had high hopes for Everybody Hates Chris and was not disappointed, but my enjoyment of How I Met Your Mother and Kitchen Confidential were unexpected. And the best surprise... My Name Is Earl had me laughing out loud and passing out copies of the premiere to friends who missed it. I thought it was one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long while. My question, wrapped up in all this gushing, is this: How are these shows doing in the ratings? Given the shortage of good sitcoms in the last several years, is it unreasonable to hope that all four might stick around for a while? — Sandy

Matt Roush: The only one of these I'd be concerned about from the get-go is Kitchen Confidential, which has been doing miserably paired with Arrested Development in an inhospitable time period too early in the evening — and probably on the wrong night, to boot. Your picks were the four comedies I singled out in TV Guide's Fall Preview as favorites, and I'm hoping Fox will have some patience with Kitchen (as it has for the last few seasons with Arrested), but we'll have to see how things shape up in late October, after baseball finishes interrupting Fox's schedule. It's still early days for the other newbies, but Mother is doing OK, though it would probably do better if it aired after Two and a Half Men in place of the underwhelming Out of Practice. NBC's one piece of good news so far this season is the rollicking Earl, which slipped quite a bit in its second week, but look at the competition. From the early evidence, it seems possible that five shows will pull enough audience to succeed on Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET (Earl, Commander in Chief, House, The Amazing Race and Supernatural), which is pretty remarkable. And the best news of all: Everybody Hates Chris trumped Joey in the first week. UPN beating NBC on Thursdays! That qualifies as a home run by any network's standards. (And the hourlong opener of Joey was flat-out unwatchable. That show is over.) So far, a very promising sign for a comedy renaissance on network TV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: In an effort to find some comedy (any comedy) that isn't against three of my favorite shows (why place Everybody Hates Chris on Thursdays?!), I tuned in to Kitchen Confidential. Maybe I am desperate, but I found it quirky and dug its different look. The basis of the its appeal has nothing to do with the fact that my long-lost favorites from other shows have made the switch to the kitchen (I love you, Will and Xander). Since finding out that it has yet to garner any real ratings, I'm wondering why Fox hasn't promoted it more. I don't remember how I found out about it, but I never saw a promo and I'm wondering if the reason the show isn't getting the ratings is because Fox hasn't really backed the show with a strong ad campaign. What do you think? — Alice

Matt Roush: I don't track these sorts of things, but it's fair to say that the majority of Fox's promotion efforts for this fall went to launching (successfully) Prison Break, and everything else took a back seat. This kind of targeted strategy worked well last season for ABC where Lost and Desperate Housewives were concerned, and so far paid off with strong openings for Invasion and Commander in Chief. Other networks appear to be following suit, favoring a select few shows at the expense of others. But to be honest, I'm not sure even a promotional barrage would have had any difference for a show this offbeat airing in such a terrible time period and with no lead-in to speak of. Fox couldn't have had very high expectations for this Monday comedy hour, and it doesn't appear to be hurting the self-starting Prison Break. So again, let's wait and see what Fox does in late fall and through the November sweeps.
FOX really needs to step it up, and promote KC better.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

ooh oooh I found this nugget of information over at the FOX KC website boards, the cast of KC will be on Star 98.7fm tomorrow morning.Go here for more information. If you live in LA then I cant begin to tell you how jealous I am right about now I'd love to wake up to Bradley Cooper's voice

Ok scrap all of the above it's happening this morning probably right about now seeing as today is 3rd Oct .
Old 10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh, i'd love to hear that. It's just a shame that i live about half away across the world.

Vote Big Brother - Summer's Nothing Without It
Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

I hope this is wrong NY Times Article
Quote:
A new Fox comedy, "Kitchen Confidential," was yanked almost as quickly (though not officially canceled.)
Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

The issue of KC being cancelled was discussed with the cast when they were on Star fm's breakfast show yesterday morning it was news to them when the DJ told them about the NY Times article, if you hop over to e! online to Kristin's weekly "dish" she also mentions that article and says that its untrue, and I have also heard that a member of Nick Brendan's camp rang up Fox yesterday to find out and they were also told its not true.

KC will go off air for baseball ??? is it? In the next couple of weeks but will return. My major concern is that Fox wont pick up the full season and we wont get to see MV and BC back together again

Oh and if you tune in to E! tonight Kristin is gonna be giving us some info about another TV show Bradley might be popping up in
Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news surrounding the article Im glad it seems like it isnt true.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Your more than welcome.

I see there is new episode until 24 Oct
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that the announcement wasn't true.

Another TVGuide mention in today's Watercooler:
Quote:
While Kitchen Confidential isn't as sizzling as its premiere, this dark comedy is still a tasty treat. The altogether disturbing premise of tonight's episode: Would you help someone you love kill themselves with food, and is gorging on cream sauces worse than any other vice out there? After his mentor insinuates that maybe Jack doesn't have what it takes to create murderous cuisine, the eager chef proclaims, "Tomorrow night, you come in; I'll kill you dead." To quote the Cajun chef, "I guar-on-tee" that this black comedy is just having a bit of trouble finding the right mix of darkness and outright funny jokes (like the ones at Jim's expense), but once they get the measurements sorted out, it will cause some big belly laughs....
Old 10-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Over at the Fox website is says that all new episodes of KC will return on Mon 7th Nov after the baseball. Thats 4 weeks without KC and thats grim but at least it is coming back
Old 10-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, good to hear!

I just got emailed articles on the show. More about the cooking and Anthony Bourdain though.
Quote:
When it comes to "Kitchen Confidential," the food is the real deal, so delectable that the stars, extras and crew want to devour the professionally prepared cuisine before resident food stylist Nancy Goodman Iland says it's no longer safe for consumption.
The rest is here.
Quote:
Being a chef--which often requires the ability to complete precise and complex tasks with lightning precision while battling sleep deprivation and/or substance abuse--is not for everyone. Author and executive chef Anthony Bourdain has made a career gleefully explaining why.
More here.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:17 PM
New Fan

I so agree with everyone else, FOX better not cancel Kitchen Confidential. It's one of the few good shows on Monday night and I am SO looking forward to seeing Michael Vartan and Bradley Cooper on the same screen again!!! It's like Alias heaven!...almost LOL
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Extreme Fan

*sob*

Will and Vaughn, together again!

Now, if only Merrin Dungey would get a role as a snappy vendor, trying to woo Jack away from his normal fishmonger.... Do we know when that particular episode will air?

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:27 PM
New Fan

i heard November? but i may be a little bit too hopeful for that lol...watch me be WAY off