Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

That's strange, 'cause Morrissey is rarely straightforward in interviews from what I've heard.

That's cool about the tattoos. I was thinking of getting a heart with a banner on each of my hips. One saying 'The Smiths' the other 'Morrissey'.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a n d i
That's strange, 'cause Morrissey is rarely straightforward in interviews from what I've heard.
That's why the interviewer guy was so stunned! He was quite speechless, and then tried to laugh off his astonishment with a joke...I think Morrissey was amused.

The tattoos we kept seeing were on a bunch of old guys. Old muscular guys wih "Morrissey" across their chests or upper backs or down their spines or the length of their arms and/or legs. I loved it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

You guys know so much about them. I usually like only to listen to their music or watch their videoclips or occasionally go to their concerts.

Nevertheless, I am still a fan of theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
The tattoos we kept seeing were on a bunch of old guys. Old muscular guys wih "Morrissey" across their chests or upper backs or down their spines or the length of their arms and/or legs. I loved it.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Remy, it's ok. I only know enough random facts about them to fudge my way through stuff and sound like I know a lot more.

If I was the interviewer I may have been slightly surprised just because he said it was with a woman.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a n d i

If I was the interviewer I may have been slightly surprised just because he said it was with a woman.
Exactly!!!

I dont' know what look I had on my face because my mother (I was in the car with her) was like..."What? What just happened? You're not in pain are you?"

And of course he got the Johnny Marr question, and he said that he hadn't spoken to him in ages...but that he liked to think that if they ever saw each other in a pub, they'd still be mates and would be able to sit down and have a drink with each other.

I heart those two.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Johnny Marr's remixes especially for Pet Shop Boys.

I remember he had a project with Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe (from PSB) called Electronic. An ex-member of New Order was in that band too, I think.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

I have a few really cute pictures of Moz and Marr back in the day looking all cute. Hehe.

Yep. That's all I got, really...
Old 05-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Awww my ultimate dream is a Moz/Marr reunion. I'll never give up hope....

I totally forgot about this thread actually.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Apparently, they offered them money for a reunion at Coachella or something and Moz was the only one who disagreed. At least that's what a friend told me.

Awww, Dublingal thanks for some of those! I remember you. It took me a few moments to realise I recognised your SN. Hee.

Also, is it just me, or were all the lady necklaces they wore actually really sexy on them?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah they were offered a ridiculous amount of money but Morrissey said that he wasn't interested in playing with people he didn't like. Not sure if he included Johnny in that sentiment but I suspect it's more Andy and Mike that he's got the problem with. Johnny and Andy played together at a benefit in Manchester a couple of months ago though, so hope lives on.

I agree about the necklaces and the beads. The beads were sexy too.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

I heard that Marr dispelled rumors of the reunion by posting on his official website an announcement that The Smiths will not be re-forming.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
I love Johnny Marr's remixes especially for Pet Shop Boys.
Ugh, I know! Johnny plays guitar ont wo songs for Behaviour...I love that album.

Based on how Moz has answered stuff in interviews and such (which is usually roundabout and not at all straightforward ) he isn't mad at Johnny...he loves Johnny (you can take that however you want ) but his beef is mostly with Mike and Andy.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Both Moz and Johnny really hate Mike and make no secret of that fact. Johnny seems to have forgiven Andy because he took an out of court settlement and Mike didn't. Morrissey still has an Andy grudge. It's all very complicated.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Very true. The one time I ever heard him say anything straightforwardly bad about any of his bandmates was Mike...

I don't want to think about it.

Though, he does blame Johnny for the end of The Smiths.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Well that is the big problem that's always hanging there between him and Johnny. He has stated in many interviews that he'll never forgive him for it. When Johnny ended the band Moz felt like he'd been betrayed, though Johnny did have his reasons. Johnny pretty much shouldered all of the band's financial, managerial, record company problems, etc and it became too much for him. Though there were also always whisperings that some people turned Johnny against Moz and I think that that's certainly what Morrissey believes. There's two sides to it I suppose, but I always felt that Johnny acted a bit rash in his decision. He's said he's never regretted it though so *shrug*.

If Morrissy ever manages to get past the break-up, (which is maybe not likely as the man can hold a grudge) then we may see the two of them on stage together again. Here's hoping, but there's still a truck load of bitterness there.
Reply   Post New Thread