Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Actually, Morrissey and Sandie Shaw became friends, I think. He (and Johnny) were fans of her music from the '60s, onwards and wrote her a letter, or something. And she eventually agreed to meet Moz and ended up recording some of their songs.

And then went on to sort of reinvent her career I guess.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

The Smiths are my favourite band EVER. I listen to a variety of music but mainly Hip-Hop i'd say but the Smiths rule all! The lyrics are truely amazing and Morrissey's voice . Speaking of I love Ringleader of The Tormentors
Bunnies = Omens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

The Smiths are so great!

I love 'There's a light that never goes out'!

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
New Fan

I love The Smiths. I have all their albums. The Queen Is Dead is my favorite album of theirs and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" is my favorite of all their songs.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a n d i
Actually, Morrissey and Sandie Shaw became friends, I think. He (and Johnny) were fans of her music from the '60s, onwards and wrote her a letter, or something. And she eventually agreed to meet Moz and ended up recording some of their songs.

And then went on to sort of reinvent her career I guess.
Thanks for that! I to hear little stories like those of my favorite musicians...it makes them more real to me somehow. I love to feel as if their fans themselves, you know? Because then they must know how I feel about them.

Moz is afraid of his own fans, though.

I'm amazed that most people don't say "How Soon is Now?" is their favorite Smiths song.

I don't think I can choose a favorite. It changes with my mood. Right now it is: This Night Has Opened My Eyes. That's a really good bassline right there.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Andi for the little info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*
I'm amazed that most people don't say "How Soon is Now?" is their favorite Smiths song.
It's quite strange because once that a song is played in a popular tv show it becomes an instant hit.

But I love that song anyway.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Yeah. 'How Soon is Now?' was the first Smiths' song I heard because of 'The Wedding Singer' soundtrack (and 'The Craft', too). And then the Love Spit Love version was played on Charmed.

But I don't know what my favourite is. Perhaps 'I Know It's Over' and 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out'. The latter because it's one of the best love songs written, ever imo.

And no worries, guys. I like to tell little stories like that.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Circe*

My Poli Sci Prof. is going to let me borros a DVD of a Manchester gig. He's seen The Smiths live...I was born in the wrong decade.
You and me both.

As for favourite songs, I'd also go with "I Know It's Over", "There is a Light That Never Goes Out", "A Rush, a Push and the Land is Ours" also "Hand in Glove", which I adore.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K
You and me both.

As for favourite songs, I'd also go with "I Know It's Over", "There is a Light That Never Goes Out", "A Rush, a Push and the Land is Ours" also "Hand in Glove", which I adore.
Ohhhh. I love that little, growl kind of thing (it's the only way I can explain it) he does in 'A Rush...'.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

I love the little noises Moz makes that no one can properly explain.

Like In This Chamring Man...I would kill to be able to make that noise.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm fine with not being able to make them. But hearing them makes me a little weak in the knees.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I bought from a local store "You Are The Quarry" at the indecent price of 3$.

I'm officially in love with "I'm Not Sorry" and "How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel".
Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

3$?? That's awesome!! I just fell in love with 'First of the Gang to Die'. I even made a t-shirt with the sillhouette of the tommy gun on it, with 'First of the Gang to Die' written underneath. Then on the back it says 'You have never been in love, until you've seen sunlight thrown, over smashed human bones'. And I wrote 'Morrissey' on the sleeve. Hee.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a n d i
I even made a t-shirt with the sillhouette of the tommy gun on it, with 'First of the Gang to Die' written underneath. Then on the back it says 'You have never been in love, until you've seen sunlight thrown, over smashed human bones'. And I wrote 'Morrissey' on the sleeve. Hee.
Wow, I love that t-shirt. And the lyrics are amazing.

And I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've done
And I'm, Not looking for, Just anyone

I'm, Slipping below the water line, I'm, Slipping below the water line
Reach for my hand, And, And the race is won
Reject my hand, And, The damage is done

I'm, Slipping below the water line
I'm, Slipping below the water line

The woman of my dreams, She, She never came along
The woman of my dreams, Well, There never was one

And I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've said
Old 05-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The woman of my dreams, She, She never came along
The woman of my dreams, Well, There never was one
You know, I remember him doing an interview when he was promoting this album where he said that he was in a relationship with a woman and the radio DJ person was so shocked! It was kinda funny to hear...

At Coachella, I saw so many Moz tattoos...my friend and I started making bets as to how long it would be until we saw another one.