Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's not cheesy at all. I love that song too.
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Addicted Fan

It's okay, I understand, this song is pretty awesome indeed. I don't know if it's in my Oasis top 5 songs, though. 'Champagne Supernova' is better than 'Wonderwall' in my opinion.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever young (View Post)
I've never seen them. and I was pretty young when they were really popular, but I love them! this is going to sound kind of cheesy, but Wonderwall is my all time favorite song ever.
That's not cheesy at all. It's a great song My most fave song ever is The Masterplan...also by Oasis. My top three fave Oasis songs are The Masterplan, Don't Look Back in Anger, and The Importance of Being Idle. All three were sung by Noel instead of Liam. Hmmm....

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, The Masterplan! Great great song! Still not my favourite, though. I think 'Champagne Supernova', 'Live Forever' and 'Married With Children'(lovely melody!) are just some of my favourite Oasis songs.
Oasis isn't in my top 5 songs of all time, though. But maybe in the top 10.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 05-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

'Married With Children' is such a funny song

Old 05-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I know, right? But it's just such a cool, fun song to listen to.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
I know, right? But it's just such a cool, fun song to listen to.
Yes, it is! They had alot more 'fun' songs on the first album. Supersonic and Cigarettes and Alcohol are fun songs too. Definitely Maybe was a great album. It had a nice balance of fun as well as thoughtful songs. The band has gotten away from the purely fun songs a bit though.

Oh, and my tix for the Montreal gig have come in! YAY They're in French I was like, "But I can't read French." I got on-line to translate the tickets to make sure I got what I paid for...floor seats, second row. Sure enough that's what they translated to

Old 05-30-2008, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

Live Forever They played that at the club I went to yesturday. They also played Don't Look Back in Anger.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't notice Oasis were in the request board poll, so I voted for something else :[
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

That sucks. I just hope we can even get 10 votes so we can be on the polls again next month.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Extreme Fan

My top 5 Oasis songs:

1.Cast No Shadow
2.Wonderwall
3.Hal;f The World Away
4.Stand By Me
5.Supersonic
Old 06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

My 5.....

1. Champaigne Supernova
2. Rock 'n' Roll Star
3. Morning Glory
4. Cigarettes & Alcohol
5. D'You Know What I Mean?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Addicted Fan

We got our tickets for the Ottawa show. Very front row, right in front of Noel! YAY!!! The seats are in that pit section right in front of the stage

Old 06-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't actually thought about my Oasis top 5 songs, to be honest. But 'Champagne Supernova' is definitely in it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves this song, JustMe2000.

Cloudburst2000: Awesome! When is the concert? And, by the way, I don't think I know your name...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
I haven't actually thought about my Oasis top 5 songs, to be honest. But 'Champagne Supernova' is definitely in it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves this song, JustMe2000.

Cloudburst2000: Awesome! When is the concert? And, by the way, I don't think I know your name...

Well, the Ottawa show is on September 4th, the Montreal gig is on the 5th, and then the Toronto Virgin Music Festival that they are head-lining is on the 7th. We have our tickets for both Ottawa and Montreal. We have real front row seats for the Ottawa gig up in the pit section...Row CA which is on Noel's side of the stage. An we have Row B (actual third row when considering the pit row) for the Montreal gig. We still need to get the Toronto tickets though. They are all General Admission though so no paying out the rear for good seats. We just have to make sure to get there early and stake a claim close to their stage. Both Paul Weller and the Stereophonics are playing that day too...plus a couple lesser-known bands. There three shows will make it 10 Oasis gigs for me It would have been twelve if that stupid cab driver hadn't run a red light and knocked them out of commission for the Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Boston gigs on the Heathen Chemistry tour I could happily kill thaat cab driver I was supposed to see them in both Indy and Philly

Oh, and my name is Shannon

And my top five favorite Oasis songs are:

1 - The Masterplan
2 - Don't Look Back in Anger
3 - The Importance of Being Idle
4 - Supersonic
5 - Rock and Roll Star/Cast No Shadow/Slide Away/Live Forever

...can't choose between those final four songs

But I think Supersonic is their best song in concert.

Reply   Post New Thread