Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
I've never seen them live before...if they've ever came this way, I didn't know about it.
Where do you live? I can tell you if they ever came around you.

I've seen the boys seven times...five times alone on the last tour. I know. I'm a nerd I would have seen them nine times, but the two concerts for the Heathen Chemistry tour were cancelled because of the car accident they had

I had seats by the stage at the Indianapolis gig on the last tour and got to shake Liam's hand when he leaned over. And then I waited around after the gig and got to shake all their hands and got Noel's autograph. It's one of my prized possessions

Do any of you post on the main oasis site? If so what are your names? I'm Cloudburst2000 there too. You'll probably see me around.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

You've seen them 5 times on the last tour? Wow! Where all did you travel to so you could see them?

And I live in Seattle.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
You've seen them 5 times on the last tour? Wow! Where all did you travel to so you could see them?

And I live in Seattle.
Ummm...let's see we saw them in Chicago and Atlanta on the first leg of the American tour. We made sure that a visit to my friend's brother who lives in Chicago coincided with the Chicago gig My brother and I made the 6 hour trip to Atlanta to watch the gig and see a Braves baseball game.

On the second leg of the American tour, I saw them in Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Nashville. I live in Lexington, KY so I'm pretty centrally located to all these cities. Cinci is only one hour away and Nashville and Indy are only about a three hour drive. So I hit all of them that I could because I wasn't sure when they'd be touring again

And my friend and I are contemplating flying into Seattle for that gig and then hitting the Vancouver gig too. Plane tickets are kinda steep though. I'm more leaning to driving up to Montreal (about a 14 hour drive) and hitting that gig and then hitting the Virgin Festival in Toronto where Oasis is head-lining on the drive back. My car gets about 40 miles to the gallon so it would be way cheaper than flying even with the insane gas prices And I would LOVE to hit the Virgin Festival because the Foo Fighters are the main act on Saturday, and Oasis is the main act Sunday. And Paul Weller and the Stereophonics will be playing too...plus alot of bands I've never heard of. I really really want to go the festival, but I'll have to see what my friend says. I think I might have sold her on it when I said that the Foo Fighters were the other head-lining act

Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, and I thought that I traveled a lot. I don't drive long distances though, just fly. Seattle would be nice to come to in the summer, and Vancouver really isn't that far away. That's cool that you went to Atlanta though, I'll be going there in a few weeks! And yes...adding the Foo Fighter's in there, it's a like a double whammy

Old 05-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Addicted Fan

My friend and I have laid down some concrete plans. We are driving up to Canada. We are hitting the Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto shows. Ottawa and Montreal are only about two hours apart and Toronto is on the way back home from Montreal. I can't wait!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow, dude, you've been to a lot of their concerts.

I've never seen them live, as they don't ever come to Brazil(I think they played here once, but it was way too far from my town).
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
-Supersonic- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure you'll have a great time..

David, we need to get you up here.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
Wow, dude, you've been to a lot of their concerts.

I've never seen them live, as they don't ever come to Brazil(I think they played here once, but it was way too far from my town).
Dude, they've played in Brazil four different times. They definitely play in Brazil. They played a show on the last tour and will likely play another Brazil gig on the up-coming tour.

Let's see...where they've played in Brazil. They've played Sao Paulo twice (this was where they played on the last tour). They've also played January Rio and Rio de Janiero. I wouldn't discount them coming to Brazil.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, please get me up there!

Yeah, but as you can see they only go to Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. And my town is like hours by plane from these cities you know? So it's pretty complicated for me to see them here...
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, they probably won't be launching their album tour until, at least, some time next year. So start saving up your moolah now to either fly or drive there. We're driving up to Canada for the pre-album tour. It's, at least, a fourteen hour drive. Just set aside a fund and stick a bit of money in it each month. I bet you have a year or more to save. That's how I do it. When I heard Oasis was finally making a new album, I started saving specifically for their concerts.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm gonna do. Going to Sao Paulo or Rio is the only way I can see them live any time soon...
Now I just have to find a friend who likes Oasis like I do.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðavid (View Post)
Yeah, I guess that's what I'm gonna do. Going to Sao Paulo or Rio is the only way I can see them live any time soon...
Now I just have to find a friend who likes Oasis like I do.
Get on oasisinet.com (the official wesite of Oasis). There are lots of people who post on the forum. That's how I met the woman I'm traveling to Canada with. We traveled to the Cinci and Nashville gigs together too. Ask around about fans in Brazil. You might be able to find someone who is willing to carpool with you to whereever Oasis are playing. Just start talking to some Brazil fans who live around you...maybe meet them for a night out on the town. Make sure to meet them somewhere public until you get to know them. I've made several Oasis friends that live around me through the official website. We get together occassionally for drinks, etc...and of course, we listen to Oasis tunes together

Woohoo!!! Just scored two second row seats to the Montreal gig!!!

Quote:
And I live in Seattle.
So I'm assuming that you'll be seeing them in August when they play the WaMu in Seattle?

Last edited by -Supersonic-; 05-13-2008 at 01:01 PM
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the tip, dude! I'll explore their official website more.

Congratulations, that's awesome!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Now we just have to find good seats for the Ottawa show. Toronto is just GA since it's a festival.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I've never seen them. and I was pretty young when they were really popular, but I love them! this is going to sound kind of cheesy, but Wonderwall is my all time favorite song ever.
Reply   Post New Thread