Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

There are no words!

That was an amazing episode. Emily Deschanel did a fantastic job with Brennan and loved how Angela really just said exactly what she thought!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

i loved this episode but this should have been a 2 part/2 hour episode!
redrose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)

There was not that much BB, which was a relief after the overload lately. But srsly thez should stop with this hints about their love and all. I think everyone got it by now that they love each other and it doesn't have to be repeated on and on by every character or even a ghost.

I totally agree. I mean, I want them to get together as much as the next guy, but either get them together or drag it out if you're gonna drag it out some more. But don't do this "Wink wink hint hint... nevermind" crap. It's annoying me to death. HH needs to decide if he wants them together or not and he needs to come up with a good way of doing it. I don't want this to end like the X-files did. I was the biggest shipper back then, but when it finally happened, the show had gone way downhill and the whole thing was anti-climatic. I barely flinched when they finally kissed. I don't want B+B falling to the same death.
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
New Fan

I thought the episode was brilliant..Brennan's reaction was very real. She was afraid to admit that she might lose booth once again and therefore did what she knew best, compartmentalize. I didn't think that the booth/ghost storyline was ridiculous because it was a way for booth to confront his feelings. We often put our feelings into things whether living people or like in his case a figment of imagination, a ghost of someone he loved. As if analyzing the situation during his ordeal, he realized that it wasnt his fault after all.

Loved Hodgins as always.

Overall great episode, though i have to admit, i didnt like the way they wrapped it up. The character of the gravedigger leaves a lot of unanswerable questions. It would've been better if it was someone who appeared in previous episodes such as Vega ( though predictable, its more plausible ).

One more thing, bones really looked beautiful in this episode
ArwaMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)
First of...the tiny woman is the grave digger? And why didn't we meet her before?
I didn't get the impression that she was GD, what they led me to believe was that she was just an FBI agent who was trying to rise up in ranks with the whole GD case. Destroying evidence would help leave the case open and that way she can get more infamous. Get what I mean?
[R]tistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3nn1f3r (View Post)
I didn't get the impression that she was GD, what they led me to believe was that she was just an FBI agent who was trying to rise up in ranks with the whole GD case. Destroying evidence would help leave the case open and that way she can get more infamous. Get what I mean?
Oh, ok...you got me all confused now...
Well, they said that she's they GD... Like a conclusion. Erm... right?
[Even though that didn't feel right.]

I just thought that this is going to be more... spooky and like... whole drama and thriller thing, as it was for Brennan and Hodgins.

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd have to watch it again because if that's who the GD really is then this episode was major fail... minus Angela's parts because what she said was awesome sauce. I seriously thought that they were just setting it up because of how Angela was doing the voice recognition and how the two GD recordings differed. I could be wrong though
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi

Quote:
Overall great episode, though i have to admit, i didnt like the way they wrapped it up. The character of the gravedigger leaves a lot of unanswerable questions. It would've been better if it was someone who appeared in previous episodes such as Vega ( though predictable, its more plausible ).
Maybe we will have a surprise in coming episodes. They finding that she worked with someone else Maybe psychos run in packs

They definitly needed more time to develop this story, but it was a good episode anyway.
And they really need to bring Jared back to wrap up his storyline. I mean S. Booth is not the kind of guy who will watch his brother be arrested and lose his job in those circunstances and do nothing about it.
Jared in handcuffs can be the last thing we see.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah... let's hope that's not the last thing we see!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

One scrapblog about this episode...
Hero in the hold

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Overall awesome episode although I thought the GD would have been a man. I mean how did she drag 190 pound Booth through a window? And what was in the storage locker? I think the GD bit was the only let down, I half-expected the GD to be Vega. And they gota resolve the Jared issue too. It was so telling when Jared told Brennan, "I make phone calls, that's what I do." So differernt from BOoth who puts his life on the line every day.

It was so fast-paced the episode felt really short though.

Oh yes and Brennan looked hot. Imagine what Booth would have said if GD didn't take him and they went to that awards thing.

The ending was a little of a let down but I Thought it was a nice touch that Brennan actually saw Teddy too

The BB hug was amazing though.

Booth Brennan

icon: tempertemper
More_Than_Partners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Total Fan

I loved the episode. It was so intense, my heart was racing almost the whole time... well, not the whole time, I don't think I'd be able to type this now if it had been, lol.

Brennan seeing Parker's ghost bugged me though. The whole hallucination/ghost thing threw me off at first, but I got used to it end kind of liked it by the end of situation. But her seeing his ghost... I didn't like it.

It's because I've always liked how the show has been neutral on religion. Booth's the super-catholic, Brennan's the super-atheist, and neither side was really favored. I enjoyed their discussions about religion greatly, and I know they'll still have them , I know Bones is still atheist and nothing has really changed, but it seems like by having her, the non-believer, see the "ghost" as well was kind of like the show saying, "Yes, Bones is an atheist, but the show supports Catholicism," and discrediting Bones, which will make any future religious discussion they have kind of void. They showed a bias that they hadn't showed before, and that would have been better if they didn't show it, imo.
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
JJ4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I LOVED this episode....though it was weird that the GD was a woman. She would have to work out tons to get all those people she killed or buried alive even....espeically Booth, that would have been a two people job right there! So there might be another GD out there....it left that open a bit to have another case on that maybe, I LOVED it when Brennan hit the woman, she totally deserved it, and Emily did amazing as Brennan! Totally amazing. I really loved Angela too, she totally said what Brennan is not really thinking, she's probably thinking in the back of her mind but not right there out front, the ghost thing was a little bit over-done but I liked that he was there to give him closure for 'telling someone love you,' and for being there just in his mind so he didn't go completely insane, since he was the only one on that ship. But I really like that Jack was here for all of this, since he really hasn't had time in the others and he's important as the rest. Though for some reason I'm getting a fibe from Cam/Jack....(That might just be me) But I really loved this episode, I'm happy that they did this set again. & this time no new intern! That was surprising. But this was a good episode, the ending was amazing....Can't wait for more of this season. Plus I liked that Jared was there helping Bones saving his brother, I was happy that he was back, and didn't take that entire story out. So that was good! It was pretty good episode, I loved it.
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming

Last edited by *BonesGirl85*; 02-07-2009 at 10:08 PM
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Jennifer!! Here too? hehe

This was an episode made of awesomeness!!
And it was really hard to bring the old characters back.. That's not a plus but the episode was well written anyway
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
New Fan

My kids and I were talking about the GD in general. They found it impossible that anyone, male or female could kidnap someone, transport them unconscious, and then bury them without being seen or be able do it so quickly.

But with the exception of burying Brennan/Hodgins and Booth, who really wasn't buried, it is possible that the GD could have spent days or weeks getting the burial site ready.

He/she could have been someone who worked in construction and could easily use big equipment to dig out a hole, and perhaps even put the containers ( remember in the original GD episode they indicated he used different containers each time), in the ground and had them waiting until the victim could be kidnapped.

If the show intends to leave it as this woman was the original gravedigger and worked alone, then they have serious plot holes that there is no way they could explain them away.

Just being able to get Booth subdued and transferred all the way out into the open sea in just a matter of maybe an Hour, is ridiculous. We know the time was short, because he was supposedly leaving to be on his way to her ceremony. Brennan was giving him a hard time that he hadn't left yet. So then the next scene shows her rushing into the Jeffersonian, a bit behind, gathering up her peers to get ready to head to the same event.

The only way to explain how this could have happened would be if the GD didn't have Booth squared away yet. She might have made the call that she had him his apartment, or in the car driving to where she was taking him. As the team would have know idea where she was heading with him, she would have had more time to play with.

At any rate, I think the writers have some explaining to do in order to make sense of any of this.

It isn't good enough to just have an episode where Booth and Brennan have yet another, in a series of hundreds, moment where they realize they care for each other.

There actually needs to be a story constructed around this, that makes sense. It is insulting to the viewers to assume that we only want to have the Booth/Brennan thing advanced and don't care at all if it is done well, with some degree of intelligence.

I don't expect it to all make sense. Obviously, this is not a reality show and many story lines take leaps outside of logic, etc, in order to wrap things up in the 50 minutes of time they have, but this one was so ill conceived and so far outside of any realm of possibility, that it just annoys me to death.

When my 10 year old son is pointing out all the reasons why none of it could happen the way they showed it, it is clear that this was not well done.
qrmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top