Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really is.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great to see her again!
I am an original”
Old 01-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it really is.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 01-29-2018, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I wish Emily would be on The Big Bang Theory as Dr Brennan. Sheldon would love her
not so sure, put two similar Aspies in a place together and they could be like trying to force two magnets to touch.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

She looks good too!
I am an original”
Old 01-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
not so sure, put two similar Aspies in a place together and they could be like trying to force two magnets to touch.
No Sheldon has OCD but the creators said he´s no Aspie. But if Brennan is one..mmh she´s quirky and I love it.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brennan is one. Emily said if the show was on a cable network they would have said she was Aspergers but it was on a regular network and regular networks don't like to claim characters to be autistic outright??? No idea why... but I am Aspie and her character has the exact same responses and quirks that I do, its SO weird. But I love it cause I never saw a character like me before I saw her!!

Nice to see Emily, even tho shes now currently reclusive! The Deschanel sisters don't exactly seem comfortable with being out in public or interacting with the public. My friend in NYC saw Zooey at things, and said she seemed stand offish and a bit uncomfortable!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 AM
Absolute Fan

I think it's a pity that they never stated in the series that Brennan has Aspergers syndrome, because it would've explained her unusual speech patterns and some of her other quirkiness. I remember seeing some viewers who complained about her abnormal lagging speech and some even said they thought it made her sound a little annoying...if they had known that Brennan has Aspergers, then those people probably would've been more understanding. So it's disappointing that her Aspergers was never specifically stated on the show...I remember Hart Hanson did say in an interview that he initially wanted her Aspergers to be mentioned on the show, but Fox wouldn't let him, because of censorship reasons, which I think is a stupid excuse.

Last edited by LindaL100; 01-31-2018 at 03:06 AM
Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah she definitely had some traits of someone who had Aspergers. My mom brought this up to me.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 01-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it is annoying cause its actually nice when you are on the spectrum and always feel confused or different from others, to see someone like yourself on TV!

Sometimes I see a scene where she is doing something and I identify so much with why or how she's acting, I rewind it a few times over to see it again and laugh (mostly with amusement delight cause I'm understanding her!)

I don't notice the speech patterns tho! Probably may be cause I might have my own and to my own ears, sounds normal???

The thing I understand most of her is hearing what others say as literal! When they mean figurative!! Well, the writers did their research on how Aspie women perceive things! oh, and also thinking when people are joking they are serious.... like when Booth joked about a "king bee overtaking her Queen" and she just says "There's no such thing as a king bee"

One of my favorite little clips of Brennan was being interviewed about her book with Penny Marshall and she was asked "how did all this "happen" and Brennan is just like ".... I have no idea". And being asked "so how do you juggle forensic work by day and author by night?" and Brennan just says "well, I do one, then the other". That's how I would answer too, cause its just the exact answer really!

Last edited by reason to believe; 01-31-2018 at 04:31 PM
Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Absolute Fan

after going on hiatus from twitter for about 2 months, Emily has finally posted a new tweet on Jan 30th!

not surprisingly she tweeted about an app that helps you find vegan-friendly restaurants since she's a devout vegan, but I'm just glad to see her finally active on twitter again after going MIA for a few months for a while I thought she had completely abandoned social media
Old 02-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
Brennan is one. Emily said if the show was on a cable network they would have said she was Aspergers but it was on a regular network and regular networks don't like to claim characters to be autistic outright??? No idea why... but I am Aspie and her character has the exact same responses and quirks that I do, its SO weird. But I love it cause I never saw a character like me before I saw her!!

Nice to see Emily, even tho shes now currently reclusive! The Deschanel sisters don't exactly seem comfortable with being out in public or interacting with the public. My friend in NYC saw Zooey at things, and said she seemed stand offish and a bit uncomfortable!
I loved Dr Brennan´s quirkiness. So sweet! I also don`t have friends and tendencies of Asperger so I`m weird too and I also like Sheldon Cooper he´s very cool.

Thanks for sharing that tweet Linda100. I don`t need an app to find restaurants I google them and it works for me. But I`m "only" veggie but I don`t eat much diary.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm not a vegan but my cousin is and that app would come in handy for her...I'm just glad to see Emily finally posted something on twitter after disappearing for a while.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I love it too that Emily posted something again.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's nice to see her post again!
I am an original”
Closed Thread   Post New Thread