Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely think it's my fave of the season it was so good, the adrenaline in my body was immense.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow, last night’s episode was incredible. I’m a Kennedy buff, and I just knew the skeleton was John F. Kennedy’s skeleton even before they said it was him! I knew because of the head wound and also due to the spinal fusion observations that Brennan made. I’ll always believe that there was more than one shooter involved in the JFK assassination, so I loved it when Brennan and Co. came to the same conclusion. I loved how Booth broke in to protect Brennan and his colleagues, and I loved how Brennan fabricated evidence to make Booth believe that the skeleton wasn’t President Kennedy’s skeleton so his faith in the government he had served wouldn’t be shattered. If you believed last night’s show, President Kennedy’s remains weren’t buried at Arlington, and the Secret Service wanted to see if the scientists from the Jeffersonian Institute would be able to prove that a second gunman was involved in JFK’s assassination just in case the request that his body be exhumed got approved, so I found that fascinating and totally plausible.
I wondered what a Kennedy buff would make of it.. It made wonder though with all the breakthroughs in science and forensics I think they could tell definitively if there was a second gunman and do we really want to know because like Booth we like to believe out government would not cover it up..

JASAM
greengirlisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like how they did all the Kennedy stuff as they explained everything about it really well so someone like me, who knows nothing about him/ his death etc, could still follow and know what was happening without them sounding as though they were spouting facts. They made it so both ends of the spectrum could still enjoy the ep.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

I definitely think the skeleton was JFK's, and that Brennan fabricated the story about the one bone proving that it wasn't him to not shatter Booth's belief in the government he serves and that he had killed for. As Cam pointed out, Scarlet Fever, which John F. Kennedy had as a child, could cause the bone damage that she observed in that test, so I definitely think the skeleton was JFK's skeleton, and I just found the whole episode to be fascinating. My wife and I love Bones now, and we watch the repeats every night, and we watch the new shows every Thursday, and we want to get the DVD's of all of the previous seasons.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

There were squee moments, I really LOVED this cause it was intense through the entire episode and kept you on the edge of your seat at every moment and I think it was JFK cause of what Cam said to Bones, and she didn't tell Booth cause of his beliefs....the ending was another awww moment between Booth/Brennan and I loved the Hodgins/Angela story...and her scare pregancy was a nice touch to add with this episode. Maybe that little snippet of what Hodgins said will give her something to think about. But I really loved this one!!! I was hooked on the entire episode, so awesome that they had to low key everything that they did, but very entertaining episode and 'aww' moments... <3 the ending.
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I definitely think the skeleton was JFK's, and that Brennan fabricated the story about the one bone proving that it wasn't him to not shatter Booth's belief in the government he serves and that he had killed for. As Cam pointed out, Scarlet Fever, which John F. Kennedy had as a child, could cause the bone damage that she observed in that test, so I definitely think the skeleton was JFK's skeleton, and I just found the whole episode to be fascinating. My wife and I love Bones now, and we watch the repeats every night, and we watch the new shows every Thursday, and we want to get the DVD's of all of the previous seasons.
So glad you watched it live Jerry, and came in here to post.

And I COMPLETELY agree with what you said, that Brennan thought there was a chance it was JFK for sure ... but she also knew there was a chance it wasn't ... and offered the proof in the pudding for BOOTH and BOOTH alone.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
So glad you watched it live Jerry, and came in here to post.

And I COMPLETELY agree with what you said, that Brennan thought there was a chance it was JFK for sure ... but she also knew there was a chance it wasn't ... and offered the proof in the pudding for BOOTH and BOOTH alone.
Im with ya too.. and the others let it go as well for once. they did it for Booth..

JASAM
greengirlisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

For Booth, his belief in everything ... such an amazing eppy.

BTW, anyone got a good cap site? I'm still in need of specific caps for specific icons I want to make.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe it was JFK's bones. And Brennan knew it. But she also knew unless they really could study the bones. There was no way to tell for sure. And as Cam said; she (Brennan) hung on the techinicality that JFK hadn't had the disease on record. Even though due to having Scarlett Fever; there was a chance he may and Brennan might have been right.

And she also knew how much believing in the government meant to Booth. And knew if he questioned his faith in any way; either in a cover up over JFK (the government) or his past as a sniper; that would send Booth in a tale spin.

And could get him as far as quitting the FBI. And she would lose her partnership with him.

And also she had already rubbed his sore point by mentioning his ancestry (which is very much a sores subject). So she didn't want to get him even more upset. So she lied. Or allowed him to believe what he truly wanted to believe.

Even if I hadn't seen the promo and known the subject of the investigation. I also know alot on the assissination and you could tell it was JFK if you knew anything of the health issues he had but was hiding from the press and the public until after his death.

I loved the uncontrollable almost excitement in Hodgins. This was a dream case for him. And in the debate he was having with Booth. It was his conspiracy love spilling out all over again... It was an incredible moment.

I loved they delved into the subject. It made sense. Using Booth's sniper experience. Hodgins conspiracies and Bone and Cam's science. They were never going to solve it. But I loved how they went there...

And also made it funny...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys! Joining the party!

So I definitely saw commercials of this and of course had to watch! I have never seen an episode of Bones, but like Jerry, I am a huge Kennedy buff! So I tuned in!

As a Molecular Biologist myself working with DNA everyday at work and seeing how quickly the technology has advanced, I had always wondered if re-visited the kennedy assassination, what kinds of things we could uncover. Just the wealth of information the public would get surrounding the murder would be at at least 20 fold from what we got 50 years ago in terms of biological crime technology. I spoke with a forensic pathologist in the hospital at my work and he and his colleagues have done planar studies and think that if JFK were assassinated today under the same circumstances, we would know with 95% certainty of the killer/s. That is really why I tuned in and I think that the show did a great job! I liked all the characters and thought it was very fitting for them to have a go at this important moment in our history. I think this episode fulfilled somewhat of a curiosity that has always been in me.

I loved every minute of the episode I really liked that they put a fun twist around a 'what if'. If we had todays technology in the 60's it sure would have put many of the conspiracy theories to rest.

I don't know enough about the characters in the show to judge what the impact of what Brennan did for Booth is, but I thought that it was a very nice gesture.

Quick question! They mentioned that Angel Booth was related to John Wilkes Booth (did he even have kids? I think he had brothers). Just curious, did they ever explore that in the show in perhaps another episode? Seems like it would be an entertaining plotline. If not, maybe they could revisit it and then prove that John Wilkes Booth did not kill Lincoln. That'd make Booth feel better.
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I believe it was JFK's bones. And Brennan knew it. But she also knew unless they really could study the bones. There was no way to tell for sure. And as Cam said; she (Brennan) hung on the techinicality that JFK hadn't had the disease on record. Even though due to having Scarlett Fever; there was a chance he may and Brennan might have been right.

And she also knew how much believing in the government meant to Booth. And knew if he questioned his faith in any way; either in a cover up over JFK (the government) or his past as a sniper; that would send Booth in a tale spin.

And could get him as far as quitting the FBI. And she would lose her partnership with him.

And also she had already rubbed his sore point by mentioning his ancestry (which is very much a sores subject). So she didn't want to get him even more upset. So she lied. Or allowed him to believe what he truly wanted to believe.

Even if I hadn't seen the promo and known the subject of the investigation. I also know alot on the assissination and you could tell it was JFK if you knew anything of the health issues he had but was hiding from the press and the public until after his death.

I loved the uncontrollable almost excitement in Hodgins. This was a dream case for him. And in the debate he was having with Booth. It was his conspiracy love spilling out all over again... It was an incredible moment.

I loved they delved into the subject. It made sense. Using Booth's sniper experience. Hodgins conspiracies and Bone and Cam's science. They were never going to solve it. But I loved how they went there...

And also made it funny...

Yeah I think she mostly said it wasn't as a favor to Booth.
Because he would have been upset if it was him.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Booth's being a relative of that famous Booth was never mentioned before. Although I believe Hart has said in the past that he was to written the reveal for a episode earlier in the run of the show (from the first season) but didn't use it.

We hadn't heard it before. Which is why I think the wrote it as they did with Booth said, "You promised you wouldn't mention it." With Brennan, "no I didn't but now I won't mention it again."

I doubt we'll see it again. It was used in this episode due to the subject of deceased presidents. It's apparently a very sore subject for Booth. As I am sure it would be. To know he in the line to that famous Booth.

Which is why he probably so proud (for the most part) of his time as a sniper because he could tell himself it was for the greater good. For his country. As opposed to what his famous relative did.

And which is why he so didn't want it to be JFK's bones so he could still believe in what he did for the government and that it wouldn't be tainted.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think this episode jumped to my top 5 episodes of all times, seriously!
I think this one might actually rank second for me. After Aliens is a Spaceship. IDK if any episode can beat that one. That's LEGIT one of my favorite hours of television ever, after the LOST Pilot.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 DNA (View Post)
Quick question! They mentioned that Angel Booth was related to John Wilkes Booth (did he even have kids? I think he had brothers). Just curious, did they ever explore that in the show in perhaps another episode? Seems like it would be an entertaining plotline. If not, maybe they could revisit it and then prove that John Wilkes Booth did not kill Lincoln. That'd make Booth feel better.
I heard that there was a scene in the pilot that mentioned he was related to JWB, but that it was cut for some reason. I think that later on, Hart Hanson (the show creator) said in commentaries or extras or something that Booth was related to JWB, but this was the first time that it was ever stated officially on air/screen.

And as to the JWB family tree, I did a little Googling and I found this link: Related to John Wilkes Booth? Probably not. - Booth - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

If the information is accurate, the Booth named died out a long time ago. But then again, this is fiction, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to make up some OC Booth offspring to carry on the family name. But I kind of doubt that the JWB connection will ever became a major plot point in an episode, other than a psychological/moral issue for Booth like it was in this episode.
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
I think this one might actually rank second for me. After Aliens is a Spaceship. IDK if any episode can beat that one. That's LEGIT one of my favorite hours of television ever, after the LOST Pilot.
Agree 'Aliens..' was such an awesome episode as was the LOST pilot.

This 5x12 of Bones was amazing. Overall amazing. Loved everything about it. Will watch it again many times.

This S5 blows me away

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Cappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top