Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2016, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I just can't believe they went there tbh. The writers of GMW have to know that the audience watching is filled with people who watched BMW when it first aired on ABC. We remember the storylines. That's why they don't need so many flashbacks (they are nice though lol). Katy and Shawn don't need to be propped up by rewritten history, they're just fine on their own. It makes Shawn look bad saying he never really loved Angela.
^ This.

To be honest, if we're going to have to digest Shawn supposedly never truly being in love with Angela (BS, sorry, check Shawn's poems for starters) and it was about wanting the same thing as Cory had with Topanga, then a case can be made that Shawn is forcing himself to love Katy because he wants to be a father to Maya. Especially with zero build up to Shawn/Katy, how are we to believe it's genuine? I say this as someone who even likes the idea of Shawn and Katy.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
^ This.

To be honest, if we're going to have to digest Shawn supposedly never truly being in love with Angela (BS, sorry, check Shawn's poems for starters) and it was about wanting the same thing as Cory had with Topanga, then a case can be made that Shawn is forcing himself to love Katy because he wants to be a father to Maya. Especially with zero build up to Shawn/Katy, how are we to believe it's genuine? I say this as someone who even likes the idea of Shawn and Katy.
Well, that's how I see it, and the show helped solidify my thoughts by making it crystal clear that he is marring her so he can be Maya's dad. No more no less. Especially since according to their own narrative, everytime he is in a romantic relationship, it's because of Cory and Topanga and not because he was in love.

I also agree about all the talk of BMW and how Shawn was in love with Angela. I'm sure there were times he wished he wasn't though. I also agree about the poem. That showed both his love for her and her love for him. She knew he wrote it, even before Feeney says it. They knew each other so well. I still can't get over MJ having Angela just leave like that. It made no sense. So I guess that's why some of the writing here makes no sense.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

All of this hands down is so Maya can have a dad. I just don't get why that was necessary. Like why couldn't he have just been a mentor figure in her life? Rider isn't a regular, and now that he's married to Katy he's just barely going to be around just so they can say Maya has a dad? It's just all around dumb. And yeah totally agree with you guys, anyone who wants to say Shawn didn't love Angela...watch BMW. I don't care what GMW says, totally and completely irrelevant in comparison to what was shown on BMW with Shawn/Angela. They're trying to rewrite history and just make people forget what happened, not okay. Really don't care if it's a new show, you shouldn't have to make no sense regarding your original legacy characters
ღMitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They would never have gotten away with that though I think...
yeah i dont mean in general. like, her being married or whatever happened in season 1, fine.

but this recent episode specifically, he didnt have to make that moment about thinking he loved her because he was supposed to. they could have just not even mentioned her and used something else for an example.

i dont think the shawn/katy proposal was supposed to be normal though. i think it was supposed to be a quick engagement. now, WHY, I'm not sure. i think shawn should have just said "i want to be with you" and that would have been sufficient.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I just can't believe they went there tbh. The writers of GMW have to know that the audience watching is filled with people who watched BMW when it first aired on ABC. We remember the storylines. That's why they don't need so many flashbacks (they are nice though lol). Katy and Shawn don't need to be propped up by rewritten history, they're just fine on their own. It makes Shawn look bad saying he never really loved Angela.
I think the writers are going out of their way to spite the actor who played Angela at this point. She made some comments about how she didn't like the writing that she was given in Girl Meets Hurricane. So I wouldn't be surprised if this was the response to that. Write out Angela from BMW history like she never mattered.

The added fact that this is being done just to give Maya a father though pisses me off in a different way.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I think the writers are going out of their way to spite the actor who played Angela at this point. She made some comments about how she didn't like the writing that she was given in Girl Meets Hurricane. So I wouldn't be surprised if this was the response to that. Write out Angela from BMW history like she never mattered.

The added fact that this is being done just to give Maya a father though pisses me off in a different way.

I don't even get it though. When I watched that panel before season one, Trina seemed to get along with everyone and they seemed to like her. Including Micheal Jacobs. So I wonder what sparked this. Cause no matter who wrote Hurricane, MJ is the show runner and the ultimate decider of where the story goes. I wonder about MJ sometimes, like him saying that Shawn can never be happy. By that, I think he meant content, cause then they wouldn't have a show. I guess that is his thoughts, I don't necessarily see it that way. I like when characters can grow and change. There can be a season of discontent but then out of that comes joy or peace. So, I wonder if they, KS, will be happy. Personally, I don't want them to be happy. Sorry, but this story line has me mad. Also, they are so boring.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread