Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really enjoyed this episode, mostly because Shawn is my favorite and I'm always happy when Rider shows up. He and Ben just play off each other so well even after all this time.

But...I was also a Shawn/Angela fan back in the day. I'm not mad they didn't end up together, because I didn't think that would be realistic anyway, but having him say he never loved her & only wanted what Corpanga had, for the purpose of creating some kind of parallel with Maya was completely unnecessary. (In fact, IIRC they already tried insinuating this idea back in s5 of BMW and yet he was still in love with Angela in s7.) There was no need to diminish what Shawn & Angela had just because he's marrying someone else now. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who took issue with that.

Anyway, I have no opinion about Shawn/Katy relationship either way, but I am really glad he gets to be Maya's stepdad. That's going to be cool. It was really kind of odd how he started his proposal by saying "I love your daughter" though.

I've been over the Triangle (with a capital T) for a while. I honestly wish they hadn't put that into motion.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello Susan, welcome!

I'm through the roof whenever he shows up, too

I can't really speak on the Shawn/Angela matter because I never shipped them all that much...
Awesome Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 Umbrellas (View Post)
I really enjoyed this episode, mostly because Shawn is my favorite and I'm always happy when Rider shows up. He and Ben just play off each other so well even after all this time.

But...I was also a Shawn/Angela fan back in the day. I'm not mad they didn't end up together, because I didn't think that would be realistic anyway, but having him say he never loved her & only wanted what Corpanga had, for the purpose of creating some kind of parallel with Maya was completely unnecessary. (In fact, IIRC they already tried insinuating this idea back in s5 of BMW and yet he was still in love with Angela in s7.) There was no need to diminish what Shawn & Angela had just because he's marrying someone else now. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who took issue with that.

Anyway, I have no opinion about Shawn/Katy relationship either way, but I am really glad he gets to be Maya's stepdad. That's going to be cool. It was really kind of odd how he started his proposal by saying "I love your daughter" though.

I've been over the Triangle (with a capital T) for a while. I honestly wish they hadn't put that into motion.
I agree about Shawn and Angela. He loves her and I immediately thought what he was saying made no sense. Especially when I thought about it, cause you are right. They brought that up in that valentines episode. If I recall, he said that's what he had been doing but he didn't want to do that with her. Also he was close to proposing, when Angela ditched him for her dad. I don't like Shawn and Katy. I mean if he has to be with someone else, at least make it someone that he has chemistry with. I do like Shawn and May's relationship. I just don't think he should be marrying Katy to give Maya a dad. Anyway.....
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I missed last week's Girl Meets World if there was one, but I saw last night's episode and I loved it!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 07-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't worry you didn't miss anything, there was no episode last week
Old 07-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You can tell there is so much connection and chemistry with these two even twenty some years later. The dance, and ring power times a billion. I loved their moments.

Quote:
But...I was also a Shawn/Angela fan back in the day. I'm not mad they didn't end up together, because I didn't think that would be realistic anyway, but having him say he never loved her & only wanted what Corpanga had, for the purpose of creating some kind of parallel with Maya was completely unnecessary.
It's really hard to hear that Shawn only loved Angela because it was what he thought Cory and Topanga have. That I feel is very untrue. I know Shawn was figuring out who he was, what he wanted in life. But he was in love with Angela. Through the poetry, through their conversations. I just don't believe that he was not in love with her.

Quote:
It was really kind of odd how he started his proposal by saying "I love your daughter" though.
That's why I believe Katy was looking for. Someone who loves her daughter and loves her just as much.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never liked Shawn/Angela either so really didnt care about that. I mean, i can see why fans would be mad but to me, it was not a big deal because its not like the actress is gonna be on the show anyways.

I don't think it's odd that he said he loved her daughter. When you marry someone with a child you have to get along with them and you have to work as a family unit. So loving maya is very important.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I never liked Shawn/Angela either so really didnt care about that. I mean, i can see why fans would be mad but to me, it was not a big deal because its not like the actress is gonna be on the show anyways.

I don't think it's odd that he said he loved her daughter. When you marry someone with a child you have to get along with them and you have to work as a family unit. So loving maya is very important.
It absolutely is, yes
Old 07-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
It's really hard to hear that Shawn only loved Angela because it was what he thought Cory and Topanga have. That I feel is very untrue. I know Shawn was figuring out who he was, what he wanted in life. But he was in love with Angela. Through the poetry, through their conversations. I just don't believe that he was not in love with her.
So true, Patricia. You're absolutely right. I'm not buying, even for a second, that he never loved Angela. He did, we saw it plain as day on BMW.

I'm not sure why GMW has to continue to poke at/diminish Shawn/Angela in order for Shawn/Katy to happen. That's what bothers me. Just say Angela was Shawn's first love, but Katy is quite possibly his true love, and call it a day. I don't know why the writer's tried to change the Shawn/Angela history. It's ridiculous.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
Don't worry you didn't miss anything, there was no episode last week
Thank you for telling me.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 07-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, Holly!
Old 07-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am always happy to see Shawn. As for the whole "not loving Angela" thing I'm choosing to believe this is his way of reassuring himself and Maya that what he feels for Katy is real. I mean I could easily imagine either one of them worrying what could happen if he loved before (and loved greatly) and having things not work out. Honestly it's either that or a badly worded "I tried to replicate what Cory and Topanga had and it didn't work out but I love your mother and came about this love in a different way". Actually why couldn't they say that?
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds possible for sure
Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah just because shawn is with someone doesn't mean they had to diminish what Shawn/angela had. s/a were genuinely in love
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shawn/Angela were the real deal in high school/college. Angela made Shawn grow as a person when Shawn didn't think he had it in him.

Maybe Shawn's just angry about the way Angela left things when she let her father take her away. Then for her to come back for five seconds to tell Shawn she's getting married.

That might have something to do with it
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread