Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2014, 02:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I couldn't agree more !! Still flashed by the EP!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to post here more often. I have on occasion but very sporadically.

So far this season is turning out to be my favorite.

Last night's episode was amazing on all counts.

With that 10 year old kid it was interesting that they went the tumor route. The pregnancy storyline would have been just as good though.

I'm liking the development with the Richard/Maggie/Meredith story.

And Derek and Bailey's reaction to finding out was absolutely perfect!

And loved all of the memories and flashbacks with Ellis.

I do only have one issue though. While I adore Sally Pressman I really wish that Sarah Paulson had been able to return as young Ellis. When she originally had the role it was just spot on perfect. Sally has more of an innocence and isn't as hard and cold the way Sarah can play her characters.

Other than that though really enjoyed the ep.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
I do only have one issue though. While I adore Sally Pressman I really wish that Sarah Paulson had been able to return as young Ellis. When she originally had the role it was just spot on perfect. Sally has more of an innocence and isn't as hard and cold the way Sarah can play her characters.
I so agree, Sarah Paulson is always amazing and perfectly portrayed young Ellis in season 6. I think there was an article recently which said they had tried to get Sarah back but her schedule on American Horror Story didn't allow for it. Since they at least tried, I think Sally was a good alternative if we can't have Sarah.

Such a wonderful episode - still thinking about how the flashbacks parallel what M/D are currently going through.

Did anyone notice at the very end Ellis said something like "Now where was I" ... first clue of the oncoming alzheimers.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)

Did anyone notice at the very end Ellis said something like "Now where was I" ... first clue of the oncoming alzheimers.
Yes

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Yes
Oh good - I thought I might have imagined it since I haven't seen people talking about it on twitter or anything. Good to know I'm not crazy, Grati.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's too bad SP's schedule with AHS didn't work that's what I kind of figured happened. I don't watch AHS but I know she does that show.

And yeah I noticed that about Ellis too. Does anyone know what year that video was that Mer. was watching?
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

They just about got away with making that one work, I think! Major props to the editor, Susan Vaill.

My only real problem was Arizona's reason for not voting for Alex. Other than than, a very good hour of television.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that was kind of low for her. I mean Alex is a great ped's surgeon but he would have been excellent on the board. It should have rightfully gone to him since it's what Christina wanted.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

It was a solid episode but I don't understand why they had to retcon Richard's storyline. It was kind of painfully obvious and disrespectful to Adele.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah the jealousy issue came out of nowhere. I thought it'd be better if they had just kept it that he wanted to do the right thing by staying with his wife and letting Ellis do her thing.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

It's just a really desperate way to make sense of the lovechild plot and it come across badly for Richard's story.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

ok, they had better wrap this stupid plot line soon, this is sucking and its taking away from the other character time. We didnt get to see Jackson or April, and Alex and Jo barely. No owen.
It was s lame i fast forwarded through all the ridiculous flashbacks of Ellis crying and whining, and her with richard (where they dont look AT ALL like their older versions it was terrible).
This plot has REALLy jumped the shark (and that is really saying something for this show), Im not crazy about Maggie ( how could someone get mad at a man [richard] for taking some time to adjust before he confessed to be the father? He was probably shocked!!!).

I get they are trying to give meredith anew BFF but her sister in law is there! what about organically starting a close friendship with her?
anyways, this is a poorly written, thought out and filmed story line, and i want to see the other characters, not just meredith's moms flashbacks, i honestly think they shouldnt have shown them, just mentioned or alluded to them, like meredith mentioning seeing her mother look bigger, that she was 5 years old, and that her mom tried to kill herself and then have meredith find the diary, etc.

And it could have done it in half the time, not wasting the episode on lame flashbacks for a story that is really jumping the shark, and we could have seen the other characters.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Um... I loved the flashbacks. I thought they were done wonderfully. Little Mer gave me chills. I also loved how Mer's present situation triggered memories. Like she was fighting with Derek and she remembered her mother asking her when she'd become ordinary. That was brilliantly done. The flashbacks were done well. Much better than other shows' flashbacks (namely Scandal). They were done much better than 10x9's flashbacks.

And I'm not gonna lie, I didn't miss any of the characters who weren't shown. After all, the characters that were centric in this episode were the ones that made this show a success. They're what matter, and I think there should be more episodes centered around the core originals.

My only bone to pick is Maggie's apparent Mary Sue personality. It's getting ridiculous. Also, I'd prefer a Mer/Amelia friendship than a Mer/Maggie friendship. But now they're forming this Maggie/Amelia friendship. It seems like they intentionally had the Shepherds "wooed" by Mary Maggie Sue so they would push for Mer to talk to her, because we know that's not something Mer could do on her free will.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)

And I'm not gonna lie, I didn't miss any of the characters who weren't shown. After all, the characters that were centric in this episode were the ones that made this show a success. They're what matter, and I think there should be more episodes centered around the core originals.
Same, same, same! The reviews for this episode are amazing!

And ITA they are making Maggie as this ''Mary Sue'' person who's so perfect, better than everyone and never screw up. Seriously Derek gave up on the patient so she can save the day.

Icon: Nikki

Last edited by QueenMeredith; 10-18-2014 at 09:39 AM
Old 10-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

And she found a cure for Cristina's patient when Cristina herself couldn't.

And we all know how Derek doesn't just give up like that. Seemed OOC how he just let Maggie do a rare procedure without questioning her. If it had been anyone else, he would've been freaking out at the thought of anyone out shining him. You saw him with Amelia last week.