Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2014, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Love all the media's comments about the epi ... am beyond excited!!! It's going to be quite a ride with M/D storyline paralleling flashbacks. Cannot wait.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Love all the media's comments about the epi ... am beyond excited!!! It's going to be quite a ride with M/D storyline paralleling flashbacks. Cannot wait.
Yesss!!! It's been a while since I was this excited for an episode.

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Grey's Day!

I wonder what exactly they mean by vintage Grey's....
Old 10-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Happy Grey's Day !!

Quote from spoilter TV

The ending is one of the most poignant in the Show's history and is nothing like the Show has ever done ; it gave me chills...

now, i am even mor excited
Old 10-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Absolute Fan

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and watch the episode!
I'm in love and always will be
Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Master Fan

Happy Grey's Day!

I plan on watching the episode at least twice. It doesn't air here until midnight because of the debates, so I'm live streaming. The only debate I want is the MerDer debate!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:06 AM
New Fan

Vintage Grey's: I like it!
I wonder what they're going to do with Alex storyline now
Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Grey's Day!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Deleted

Icon by Jaje

Last edited by gladluvgrey; 10-16-2014 at 09:56 PM
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

And what an amazing episode. Really one of the best they had done in Grey's. I loved the flashback and how they mixed it with the scenes in the actual time. When Meredith was doing the tamponade of the vessel and Richard was having the flashback to Ellis doing the same procedure? Wow! Give me chills! Really, and she was succesful! Was so great! And the scenes with mini Meredith were so poignant and so heartbreaking. Loved the vintage sepia coloring they gave to the old times.

I really liked all the characters, even Bailey wasnt that annoying tonight. Amelia playing in favor of his brother knowing at least why his wife was NOT okey, leading to him to having that really sweet moment with Maggie (I mean, I even liked Maggie tonight LOL)...I have to say that I really missed Derek's smile. And MerDer fight. Oh, boy, so intense but really well written, even with the awful comment that Derek did, somehow for the first time we had seen him apologize sincerely for one of his hurtful outburst and Mer fought back and told him things that he definitely needed to know, besides how much those words hurted her. Of course, then after he knew about Maggie, my broken MerDer heart was so happy to see them get a truce and be a married couple and care for each other. It really melt my heart to hear Derek said that he needed to know that she was ok and for Mer to open up in such a way to him...we had never seen that and I for once I am really grateful and happy!

The glue of the show was back, hope there's more in the rest of the season!

Icon by Jaje

Last edited by gladluvgrey; 10-17-2014 at 05:48 AM
Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

WOW, just WOW, THAT is why i love Grey's !!

11x01 super
11x02 ( no commend)
11x03 super
11x04 amazing
11x05 will kill me

Season 11 so far so good !!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode. This season's been amazing so far.

I love that we're back to Ellis and her relationship with Mer and Richard. I liked the flashbacks even though the continuity was wonky. I liked this actress better for Ellis, she looked so much like Kate Burton!
I'm loving Amelia so much and I loved that scene where Derek hugged Maggie, it's like that's all she wanted when she came to Seattle and she got it where she least expected it. So sweet.

What I didn't like so much was:
-Meredith not voting for Alex. I get her point. it's not about Mer but I think the writers forget that Bailey has a nervous breakdown every 6 episodes, dismissed the board's decision 2 episodes before and broke a patient's parents consent last season which almost got the hospital sued. They can't have her do that and then say she'd be an "exceptional" board member. You can't have it both ways, TPTB.
-Where the heck are Jackson and April? I know Sarah is pregnant, but still.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was a phenomenal episode. One of the best episodes in a long time. Feels like the good old days, with Shonda heavily involved again. AMAZING writing. The show works the best when Meredith's stories are front and centre, and she's the glue, it really felt like over the Summer Shonda and Co. were re-watching early seasons Grey's.

So good to see Kate Burton again. She's a great actress, and Ellis Grey love her or hate her she's one interesting character. She's still causing drama and she's been dead for years.

Love the Mer/Ellis/Richard flashbacks from s2/3. And the ones with little Mer, so heartbreaking. Especially when she called 911 after Ellis's suicide. She went through so much since such a little age!

Meredith and the flashback with Ellis doing the same procedure was awesome!

Great scenes between Meredith and Richard. Seriously AMAZING. If he made the right choice years ago, all of their lifes would've been much different.

I didn't like that Bailey got the board seat, team Alex all the way.. but I get why Meredith made the choice if it was such a good presentation, since we didn't see it we have to go with that I guess. Hope that means Bailey will be so busy with her new position, and Meredith can get all the good cases

Finally: The MerDer scenes!!! So intense and angsty, and they mirrored the situation with Richard/Ellis, this is far from over and I can see it being played most of the season. Which I don't mind, bring on the drama (and screentime). The last scene was perfect, when she opened up to him, and he was there for her. Even if they are on the rocks all that matter is to find out if she's okay.

I'll be watching this episode over and over.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Agree with what was said before. That episode was amazing!! Very well written and on point delivery from all actors! Everything and everyone was so in tune and the focus on Meredith Grey, how it should be Totally brought the old Grey's feeling back and I hope they learned from that
Season 11 has been great so far!
Bailey got a little on my nerves because she acts like she's the queen of board members now which comes over as a little too full of herself but as Grati said before, let's hope it keeps her busy and Mer with the cases
Besides that I liked everyone and surprisingly even Maggie. Loved how Derek welcomed her, she looked like pleasure really needed that. And the end with her and Mer was really sweet, too. So if she stays like that I might grow on her.
All the flashbacks have been great. And the ones with little Mer broke my heart The fact that Mer is who she is now after all of that is amazing
The MerDer scenes were sooo awesome, too. I loved the fighting and tension, it's real. But even more did I love that they took a time out because Derek needed to know she was ok. And she shared with him and let him in. Truly beautiful to see how far they came and can't wait to see how their fighting and finding a solution continues now
Absolutely great episode! Let's hope it stays that way

Old 10-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Agree with what was said before. That episode was amazing!! Very well written and on point delivery from all actors! Everything and everyone was so in tune and the focus on Meredith Grey, how it should be Totally brought the old Grey's feeling back and I hope they learned from that
Season 11 has been great so far!
Bailey got a little on my nerves because she acts like she's the queen of board members now which comes over as a little too full of herself but as Grati said before, let's hope it keeps her busy and Mer with the cases
Besides that I liked everyone and surprisingly even Maggie. Loved how Derek welcomed her, she looked like she really needed that. And the end with her and Mer was really sweet, too. So if she stays like that I might grow on her.
All the flashbacks have been great. And the ones with little Mer broke my heart The fact that Mer is who she is now after all of that is amazing
The MerDer scenes were sooo awesome, too. I loved the fighting and tension, it's real. But even more did I love that they took a time out because Derek needed to know she was ok. And she shared with him and let him in. Truly beautiful to see how far they came and can't wait to see how their fighting and finding a solution continues now
Absolutely great episode! Let's hope it stays that way