Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

This season has been all over the place. It's like the writers don't talk to each other either. We don't know who knows what about anything. It's pretty sad. We're just made to assume everyone knows everything. It was also weird how in 10A Meredith and Cristina never commented on Alex's dad. They didn't become involved in his storyline until after the whole Ross situation. I guess we're just left to believe they were too caught up in their own little fight to care about Alex.

This is all the result of a bloated cast and lack of time in 45 minutes to focus on the important characters.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

The should have removed all the interns and not just two. The episode felt disjointed because all the interns had separate plots and they were trying hard to showcase them all to set up "who is leaving," storyline.

The cast is truly TOO large and given that the interns still have no real connection to the main characters, it is hard to integrate all the storylines when they focus too much on their plots. The older cast members formed friendships so it was easier in the earlier seasons to integrate different cast members into the same scene. Thus reduced how many storylines they needed to tell per episode for everyone get minutes.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't mind the interns in and of themselves (although glad that 2 are leaving), but they can't be well integrated and get no screen time. I think it was a mistake to pair every single one of them romantically with an attending. Especially because every attending other than Alex already had a "true love" pairing and the interns were nothing but plot devices
Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't like the interns either, they take too much screentime away from the important characters.I'm happy Leah get fired, and in some way we know Ross would exit too,my guess is that is going to follow Cristina in Zurich. Too bady Stephanie have to stay, in this episode she did a great thing convering Bayley but I still don't like her. Jo is funny in thie episode, tbh I still don't know what to think about her,sometimes I like..sometimes not so much.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
The should have removed all the interns and not just two. The episode felt disjointed because all the interns had separate plots and they were trying hard to showcase them all to set up "who is leaving," storyline.

The cast is truly TOO large and given that the interns still have no real connection to the main characters, it is hard to integrate all the storylines when they focus too much on their plots. The older cast members formed friendships so it was easier in the earlier seasons to integrate different cast members into the same scene. Thus reduced how many storylines they needed to tell per episode for everyone get minutes.
If you remove all the interns then Jo is gone and that leaves a sad Alex which we don't want. But, I agree that there are too many people.

I was on Tumblr and found this on the Alex/Jo fan blog:

Quote:
My theory is that I think the interns are going to be involved/hurt somehow with the "incident" and be brought in with the rest of the trauma. That's how one of them dies, because I know two of them didn't renew their contracts for next season
I could totally see this happening since Cristina's departure isn't in a casket and Shonda needs to kill someone in each finale. I could see Leah being killed and Shane leaving because of it. Leah has been off since the beginning and I could see her doing something stupid that gets her killed and I can see it happening when she is around Shane. Which would usher in his departure because he can't take having two interns, that he knows, die.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i can't believe this episode didn't capitalize on cristina leaving. the ep before the finale is supposed to build up to the end. instead we got what's her face pigging out and then getting the axe. FAIL!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
i can't believe this episode didn't capitalize on cristina leaving. the ep before the finale is supposed to build up to the end. instead we got what's her face pigging out and then getting the axe. FAIL!
This

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 05-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Supreme Fan

I thought the episode was okay. I expected a bit more focus on Christina, but as soon as I accepted that wouldn't happen I enjoyed the story lines. For the first time in ages I liked Stephanie when she defended Bailey. I loved the Amelia/Meredith conversations ( although it's clear Amelia cannot replace Christina ever...but she's pretty darn close ), felt bad for Arizona and Callie ( but I am sure they will manage as couple ) and felt happy for April and Jackson. Even felt a bit sorry for Leah ( though I won't miss her really much - is she in the finale btw ?- cause it felt weird she didn't had a big goodbye scene with the rest of the ''interns'' ). I shared Meredith's shock at the end but Im pretty sure it wont happen. Alex and Arizona were enjoyable to see aswell. I will miss Christina ( loved her scenes with Meredith ), but will not miss Christina/Owen for a second. Hoping for some good Christina/Meredith scenes next week.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was mostly a boring episode other than some scenes. Didn't feel like it was the episode before the finale that was for sure.

Too much focus on Leah Ugh.

What was the point of Bailey's storyline? So no consequences for her right..

Ending Cristina's last episodes with Crowen again Where's the MAC scenes??? So disappointed.

Liked the Mer/Amelia little scenes.

The MerDer's last scene was shocking and for the first time in so long, it was something that wasn't predictable. Like Derek said this could be their move, it's not like they have much to keep them in Seattle.. I can't wait to see what they will decide and why..

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)

What was the point of Bailey's storyline?
To waste moments of my life I'll never get back.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

The Bailey storyline was used as a tool to make Stephanie look good. They needed a plotline that might influence why she stays/goes since she has been irrelevant since she got dumped by Jackson.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

I still don't find her relevant.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
i still don't find her relevant.

lol
Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
The Bailey storyline was used as a tool to make Stephanie look good. They needed a plotline that might influence why she stays/goes since she has been irrelevant since she got dumped by Jackson.
lol she can hook up with Shane
Old 05-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Except Shane leaves after next episode.

I've actually started shipping Shane and Leah after the last two episodes. They actually, surprisingly, have chemistry.