Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was so annoyed with Bailey's attitude. If that was her child being used as a Guinea pig without permission she would flip. Even Jackson got it and ordered double labs. This treatment could have not worked or could have ramifications in the future Bailey didn't see coming. Almost as ridiculous as Izzy cutting those stupid wires for Denny and didn't lose her job. If there is one thing that will ruin you career in medicine it's screwing with patient rights.

I thought the Calzona was too emotional a storyline just to be like "oh I can't carry let's forget it and hug". It deserved more than an episode. Adoption is an option as well. Could be a baby that comes under Arizona's care. I just don't see this storyline as being over for them.

Love Japril and the teasing. Crowen, I just can't care anymore. It's just sad and will never work. Maybe Owen and Amelia next season?

I actually felt bad for Leah, but I enjoyed the firing because it's realistic. Some don't make it. I thought Webber handled it very well. Didn't like the "let's suddenly make Stephanie a hero to get us to care" storyline. Lame. I wonder what's going to happen to Shane. Could Christina take him with her? Be a little odd having him die when he could have died last season and felt guilt for a long while for not dying.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

That would be really difficult production-wise (and costly) and they'd have to hire more recurring cast... It'd be too much.

I think something happens to Alex at the end of this season that makes him leave pp and causes Mer to decide to stay at the last minute, with Derek traveling back and forth to DC leading to MerDer drama next year.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
That would be really difficult production-wise (and costly) and they'd have to hire more recurring cast... It'd be too much.

I think something happens to Alex at the end of this season that makes him leave pp and causes Mer to decide to stay at the last minute, with Derek traveling back and forth to DC leading to MerDer drama next year.
Def see that happening. I think this ep already showed a glimpse that Alex's new job wasn't what he thought it was. All about the money and numbers. I just love Arizona and Alex as a team too.

Think that would provide good Mer/Der drama.

Wonder if we get new interns again?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Doubt we will get new interns. I have no doubt that they realized trying to hire fresh blood to revive the show was not the way to go. Especially since many of the old timers resigned anyways. It was insurance for if the big guns decided to leave and Cristina did, but they still have MerDer.

I think Alex will come back from PP. The storyline was stupid and poorly executed. Next time they should think twice before writing nonsense that does not coalesce with the rest of the plot.
Quote:
Maybe Owen and Amelia next season?
That could be interesting. I can't see her joining the cast and not getting a love interest of some form. I think Jolex is there to stay, otherwise I might have thought Amelia and Alex could be interesting.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

The main problem was none of the interns were connected to current cast. Previously, most of the newbies were. Lexie, Addison, Mark, Jackson, Teddy all had relevant ties that made them interesting. April didn't, and it's taken fans a long time to warm up to her. Some haven't yet.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I don't think April's problem was the lack of connection with the cast. Nor do I think the interns problems is lack of connection with the cast. The interns problems is their lack of chemistry with the cast in general and for some of them, their subpar acting. They are simply not exciting and they fail to generate chemistry amongst themselves and with the cast.

April's problem is that many blame her for Derek getting shot (although he was going to be shot anyways because Clark thought he killed his wife), and she was a pretty new female who had a crush on Derek. At the time MD was exciting to a vast majority of fandom and they could not overlook April's harmless crush on Derek.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

My problem with April is she acts more like she's 21 than in her 30s. nothing to do with a harmless crush. I always found that amusing.

I do agree with the interns and their lack of chemistry in general.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I do agree with the interns and their lack of chemistry in general.
and the (my) nominees for the worst pair on history of Gre'ys Anatomy are :

1- George and Callie and
2. Stephanie and Jackson
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I think all interns start with totally no connection to any character. Hence it takes a long time to warm up to them. By now they should have known that the best way to put in new characters is definitely to attach them to an existing SL. As mentioned lexie, Addison, mark, teddy and now Amy. All had been favorites right of the bat because they had a 'back story'. The cast that held it up on their own were Callie and Jackson. Owen was attached to Cristina, Arizona to Callie, April was placed under Mer's wing to make it and now they're doing the same with Steph under Bailey. Jo of course was brought in for Alex. Shane could have made it if Cristina's not leaving.

I read somewhere that GA is built upon the premise of showing the many ways interns can screw up and learn from their medical education. Hence the need for new interns since the old ones advanced. But the old ones aren't leaving thus a bloated cast. So I say GA should drop the original premise and grow up with the cast. Research SLs this season was good. But as shown, medical booboos of attendings and fellows seems to be not acceptable and unrealistic (ie. Callie's malpractice suit and Bailey's)

So they need interns to bitch unto and toss around as morons.
Alex /Amy looks good and could create drama with merder
Jo/Owen had some previous 'interaction' hence they could be sexy.
I have no idea what they could do with Steph.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode. Though it doesn't really feel like it's the last before the finale except for a couple of SLs.

I liked the case of the woman with rectal cancer, it's one of those cases I miss which are not so serious but they serve a purpose character wise. I felt so sad for Leah though. She was likeable again like in the beginning of season 10.

Why did the "survivors" buy the hospital if they all plan on leaving town?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

This was such a boring episode. It didn't seem like a penultimate episode at all, much less like Cristina's second to last.

Quote:
Alex /Amy looks good and could create drama with merder
No thanks. I can't imagine with Alex's past he would fit well with a recovering addict and I dont want to see him have to try to live up to being "good enough" for Derek's sister. Its annoying to me that the writers assume that everyone watched PP. I never did (on purpose), so I don't know Amelia or care about her. She means less to me than then the interns.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

They're not assuming everyone watched PP, but many did and that fan base accounts for a good portion of the Grey's fandom. That's all that matters.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

Amelia really is not remotely interesting to me but if they could find a single male on the cast she has some chemistry with, I might be more interested. This is a drama and so far she has nothing to bring forward to the show.
Quote:
My problem with April is she acts more like she's 21 than in her 30s
I think that could have been said about anyone on the show though. In the earlier seasons Meredith came to medical school already in her 30s since she backpacked across Europe (?) but did not have the maturity of someone her age. It is now because she has married that she grew out of it. Alex came across extremely mean spirited last episode in regards to Ross and this is something his character has yet to grow out of, lol.

I think April has so little experience that she doesn't really know how to conduct herself in mature ways a lot of the time but she is the least harmful character on the show. After all she has never deliberately set out to hurt another character on the show.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Alex came across extremely mean spirited last episode in regards to Ross and this is something his character has yet to grow out of, lol.
I thought so too. I was getting worried that he was going to get caught up in his new lifestyle and money and be a jerk to Jo and that was going to be their drama. Glad that doesn't seem to be the case because it would have been really out of character, IMO. I guess if he is going to be a jerk to anyone I can understand why it is Ross. I'm glad it looks like Alex will be back, but why can't he have something good happen to him with no strings?

I guess his and Jo's story is over for the season, which is better than a last minute breakup in the finale. I'm ready for a little bit of drama next season.

I really hope that Cristina will have some meaningful scenes with people other than Mer and Owen next week.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
I thought so too. I was getting worried that he was going to get caught up in his new lifestyle and money and be a jerk to Jo and that was going to be their drama. Glad that doesn't seem to be the case because it would have been really out of character, IMO. I guess if he is going to be a jerk to anyone I can understand why it is Ross. I'm glad it looks like Alex will be back, but why can't he have something good happen to him with no strings?

I guess his and Jo's story is over for the season, which is better than a last minute breakup in the finale. I'm ready for a little bit of drama next season.

I really hope that Cristina will have some meaningful scenes with people other than Mer and Owen next week.
I am surprised that Callie and Cristina have not shared any scenes yet. If Owen knows it means the other board members know as well.

I agree about Alex's storyline. I truly have no idea why good things that are just good can't happen to him. There is always some strings attached that makes him resort back into his old ways like a caged tiger. While I understand his attitude towards Ross, I still think it was a low blow to manipulate him into co-stealing Arizona's surgery which led to him losing Arizona's trust in regards to the baby with the exposed intestines. It's getting a bit old with this same old for Alex.