Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I just watched the episode, finall,,,,crazy week
I am glad there wasn't some big awful drama for the 200th. it is too soon after the drama of the season premiere. I like that it was a celebration just as the 200th should be a celebration and I loved some call backs to history....

Cristina talking to Alex about competing feeling just like when they were interns. Mer wearing a very similar dress to the Prom dress in season 2
Loved that Mer invited Der into the OR when she said 'I'll even let you hold the retractor" got pilot episode feels from that
and of course when Der brought up Prom..... that was awesome but like most everyone else the last line we here 'I'm Dr. Grey" now that is the way to end a 200th episode!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that not a lot happened during this episode but I still enjoyed it. Absolutely loved the April/Arizona scenes. That's a random pairing that I never saw happening but they were hilarious together. I think Sarah Drew is a really fantastic actress when given decent (non April is crazy) material to work with. It was nice to see her get involved in some scenes with characters other then Jackson/Mathew and not freaking out about her stupid virginity.

Jo looked absolutely stunning in her white dress. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Daddy issues/Alex storyline.

So I'm assuming Shane is over the whole Mousey thing? I'm back to disliking him again. I like that he's a shark or whatever but I was hoping we'd see a bit more guilt come from him before he went back to stealing surgeries etc. Also, where did the kiss with Stephanie come from? Was he shown to have feelings for her? Dick move on Jackson.

Stephanie and Jackson continue to bore the life out of me. Stephanie, I don't hate her but I find her so unbelievably boring. The character seems so unnecessary on an already packed ensemble show. Even tonight when she was running the ER or whatever, I was probably supposed to see it as her kicking ass and being a rockshark or whatever but all I could do was roll my eyes and want to fast forward.

Same with Leah, although I enjoy her deadpan scenes a little bit more. I know I keep saying it but I really can't understand why they added all four interns to the show permanently. Jo is the only one who's name I can regularly remember. The rest may as well all the be the same intern.

Cute Meredith/Derek scenes. I love their perfect little family.

Owen's new love interest came off as really over eager but I'm glad both Owen and Christina seem to be finally moving on.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Stephanie, I don't hate her but I find her so unbelievably boring. The character seems so unnecessary on an already packed ensemble show.
UGH yes. This so much. Though, I do actually hate her. I don't even know why I hate her so much either.

But seriously, I will never understand why they HAVE to always have a "triangle" for every freaking relationship on this show. While I'm not a super fan of Jackson and April, I can't imagine how their fans feel with Stephanie "road block" Edwards delaying their relationship.

Tori
Old 10-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
UGH yes. This so much. Though, I do actually hate her. I don't even know why I hate her so much either.

But seriously, I will never understand why they HAVE to always have a "triangle" for every freaking relationship on this show. While I'm not a super fan of Jackson and April, I can't imagine how their fans feel with Stephanie "road block" Edwards delaying their relationship.
aw, but the triangles are what make Grey's what is it.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
aw, but the triangles are what make Grey's what is it.
Yeah but writers should be able to write another kind of obstacle for couples other than that. Even Calzona that had the leg SL last year, it ended in cheating. It's just too mcuh.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Agreed. And look at Jo/Alex, she had that other dude too. It's tiresome.

Tori
Old 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

What ideas are there to use in a TV show mainly about the love lives of the characters?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
What ideas are there to use in a TV show mainly about the love lives of the characters?
Callie/Arizona last season (until the last couple of episodes) had trouble without a triangle. MerDer had problems with the trial. People can have trust/commitment issues, money problems, work problems, not eveything has to be a triangle.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Callie/Arizona last season (until the last couple of episodes) had trouble without a triangle. MerDer had problems with the trial. People can have trust/commitment issues, money problems, work problems, not eveything has to be a triangle.
true.....also Izzie and Alex, there was no one there that broke them up. Well....the last time, poor Alex had to get through Denny and then George at first.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Supreme Fan

It's hard not to repeat story lines if you are writing a show that has been on the air for 10 years now. There have been plenty of triangles, but also plenty of accidents, plenty of this, and that. There's very little they have never done before. And besides most of us here on the forums...the casual viewers watch the show for the romance and the romantic tension.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

I don't think the writers know the first thing about good romantic tension. The boat has absolutely sailed on that. Look at the disaster they made out of Jackson and April's story. I don't even think their fans are enjoying that triangle, let alone the casual audience. Everything about the romance on this show is so poorly constructed that it is no wonder that many long time Grey's fans have to concede and stop shipping to enjoy this show.

Also, I really cannot fathom some of the creative decisions on this show. They make a mess out of popular and well liked pairings, they continue to run with less favourable pairings and this is their idea of extending their series? They are so focused on trying to shove the interns down our throats that they forgot to write for the characters and pairings people actually like.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Here's an idea....and I know this may come to a shock to some, but maybe have some patient stories. It's pretty out there for a medical show, I know.

Tori
Old 10-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
Here's an idea....and I know this may come to a shock to some, but maybe have some patient stories. It's pretty out there for a medical show, I know.

Like the serial killer arc! Now THAT was some good TV!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)

Like the serial killer arc! Now THAT was some good TV!
That arc is soooo good!

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Agreed! Also, those same episodes, the Jackson storyline was great. And the storyline with the little girl who was dying and her dad wanted to take her to Mexico. Loved that one too.

Tori