Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ick, comedy. Not totally into that genre. This is a soap opera, shouldn't there be drama and more drama?
Hah, fair enough. I'm a big fan of comedy myself.

For the 200th episode it was underwhelming (are the 200th episodes of shows usually "big"? I really don't know). Considering they spent 5 days shooting at the Gala location, I expected those scenes to have more of an impact. Although, I did have it in my head that the Gala would completely crumble in a spectacularly entertaining fashion (we're talking the timeline episode of Community style), and not just yer wan that busted her leg. So maybe that's on me.

I do think Austin Guzman did a good job writing it, though. Comedy and dialogue are his forte, and the episode was chock full of that goodness.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I just watched the episode and I loved it. There were a lot of funny things in there. Great party feel.
And I love the beginning of the Alex/dad story.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing episode, all I wanted to happen.. happened.

All the MerDer, such a high and it feels like a true gift for the only couple who's been on for 200th episodes. The prom mention was the icing on the cake. Love how it ended with ''I'm Dr. Grey''

Loved the Alex/Jo. So excited for Alex storyline.

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Love how it ended with ''I'm Dr. Grey''
I loved that detail
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be one of few to admit that I stopped be a true Grey's shipper after season 6 but I find myself getting back into it. I did watch the plane crash so I'm not that far behind, having seen eps every now and then.

Loved the story with Alex's father. I've always liked his backstory so I hope they bring more of that into light.

Avery showing the donors the surgery was one of my favorite parts of the episode.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was hoping that drunk April would admit to Arizona that she loves Jackson. I am starting to believe that Drunk April and sober April has moved on but I will always root for them. It was an okay episode otherwise.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBabe242 (View Post)
I was hoping that drunk April would admit to Arizona that she loves Jackson. I am starting to believe that Drunk April and sober April has moved on but I will always root for them. It was an okay episode otherwise.
Me too. However, I think we got an admission of some sort from her about Jackson. Drunk April and sober April are both hilarious. "Can I try on your leg?" Really, April? lol
Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was a good epp ,however to me it felt like a filler nothing major happened.
I'm a huge MD shipper so I'm happy this season to see them functioning into a couple married with kids and back to work. I like how Alex is building for a few epps and hope to see Jo there for him more often. The whole Arizona and April thing was a bit forced to make them bond and be friends I guess since Arizona has no friends but Alex.
The whole Jackson and Stpeine thing need to end he is love with April and not that into her .
When it comes to Cristina and Owen finally the writers are moving on with this SL because it really need to be moved SO is leaving after all.
Overall a B +
Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Arizona/April is a kind of weird combination I think. Still, I would not mind them becoming friends.
I had so much fun watching them getting drunk! And I loved the scene where they get in the cab
Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

This was not a 200th type episode. I think the writers should feel a little embarrassed.

April/Arizona was hilarious though.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
This was not a 200th type episode. I think the writers should feel a little embarrassed.

April/Arizona was hilarious though.
I totally agree. I was disappointed, not that I was expecting anything specific, just the over all feel was a little bit of a let down. I was hoping for mentions of previous important events, little reminders, things like that that reminded me of why I first started watching Greys.

Highlight was definitely April and Arizona in the closet. And Stephanie/Shane. I don't think that will be last end of those two pairings.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I totally agree. I was disappointed, not that I was expecting anything specific, just the over all feel was a little bit of a let down. I was hoping for mentions of previous important events, little reminders, things like that that reminded me of why I first started watching Greys.

Highlight was definitely April and Arizona in the closet. And Stephanie/Shane. I don't think that will be last end of those two pairings.
agreed! I was hoping for more reminiscing. We only had that one little part about the prom and that was it. I hope that when Cristina leaves, however she does, we get little flashbacks then.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least they could've had a big patient case where everyone was involved or something. It was rather dull.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, I kept hoping for something...more. I really hope they do Cristina's exit justice She at least deserves that after 10 years.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Supreme Fan

I loved the episode, but somehow I expected something more than what we've gotten. It was a great stand alone episode, but for a 200th episode it didn't feel really special most of the times. Somehow I expected a surprise cameo by an old cast member ( Addison most likely ), but sad to see I was wrong.

To start on a negative tone...I couldn't care less for Webber. It's true what they say...doctors make the hardest patients. I know it isn't easy for him, but he was really frustrating to watch. Same with Bailey. I used to love her up untill season 6/7, but this episode showed once again that her character didn't change for the good. Well, she's a nice person now and all, but she used to be so enjoying to watch. Now she doesn't even have the balls to challenge Webber, etc. I liked her decision to put her other patient in the same room with Webber, but that was it. Another character who I kind of hated this episode was Callie. I know she's hurt and all, but saying Arizona is dead is just plain mean, and maybe even worse than the cheating. You don't joke about stuff like that.

Other than that I only have good things to say about the episode. I loved to see April and Arizona share a lot of funny scenes ( did they ever share that much scenes together? - I loved it! ), and their characters were quite possibly the highlight of this episode.

I expected Owen and Christina to get together again at the end, but I am glad they are moving on. Emma seems nice, and good to Owen. We'll see. Christina as a stand alone character was fantastic once again. I will miss Sandra Oh so much.

Meredith and Derek were super cute. Derek using the baby, and Meredith bring ''a knife to a gun fight'', LOL. Loved the throw back to the prom in season 2. Also loved the throw back of Christina btw, that she was reminded of the times she and the others were stealing surgeries from eachother, and all.

I wasn't even bothered by the interns, and even liked them. They seem to go full circle, and I love it!! Mer and Der helping out at the end ( in the hospital ) was amazing.

Alex and his dad...I wasn't surprised. By the look Alex had on his face when that man was brought in I knew it was his dad. Still wondering how that will develop though. Jo was really nice to Alex about it.

Shane and Ross...kind of liked that kiss, lol. Jackson should be with April at the end of the season! For now, let April have fun and all. April was awesome this episode. I also loved how it ended with ''I'm Dr Grey''.