Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

There was a lot I wanted to respond to yesterday but never really had the chance.

I know we don't understand why Rory would say no, especially after she said that Logan could be "the one" last season, but we don't know what happens between the last new episode and the proposal. Maybe he proposes for the wrong reason. Maybe she realized she doesn't see a future with him. Maybe it's too soon for her.

I can sort of understand why they'd break up if she turns down his proposal. For Logan, that has to hurt if she says no. If they're in such different places in their lives (one's ready for marriage while the other isn't), I think it's fair for both of them to move on.

I don't like that they break up since I've really felt like the writers have been showing us that Rory and Logan could have a future together, but I can't judge the break-up until seeing the actual reason.

I hate that their relationship will be ending soon, but to look at this more positively... at least we had three great years of Rory/Logan. So far I think it's been her most "important" relationship, compared to the other guys she's dated.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
also, matt does look very hot, and u can see him listening to music in the 3rd pic
Aw I didn't notice he had headphones on. I wonder what music he's listening to to set the mood.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Roxy, our voice of reason

Quote:
I don't like that they break up since I've really felt like the writers have been showing us that Rory and Logan could have a future together, but I can't judge the break-up until seeing the actual reason.
I do agree on that yes

Quote:
I hate that their relationship will be ending soon, but to look at this more positively... at least we had three great years of Rory/Logan. So far I think it's been her most "important" relationship, compared to the other guys she's dated.
You're so right Roxy
Logan has lasted the longest with Rory in a relationship..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 03-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
conny, i like your idea about logan going to the graduation toshow he cares!!
Yeah, me too but it makes me even more depressed ... because he loves her so deeply and changed because of this love in such a good direction and was ready to share his entire life with his first girlfriend, his true love ... she was the one for him and then ... *bang* ...

Quote:
I can sort of understand why they'd break up if she turns down his proposal. For Logan, that has to hurt if she says no. If they're in such different places in their lives (one's ready for marriage while the other isn't), I think it's fair for both of them to move on.
Really you can understand this? I don't understand this ... you can stay together if you love each other ... why moving on when the right one stands in front of you? Even if one isn't ready to marry ... or am I totally wrong? because my boyfriend was already ready to marry and I wasn't ready but we are still together ... I said to him that I can imagine to marry him but not now ... and it was ok ...

Quote:
Maybe he proposes for the wrong reason. Maybe she realized she doesn't see a future with him. Maybe it's too soon for her.
I really hope that they do not show Logan proposing for the wrong reasons because then it's again Logan's fault ... and I can't see right now why she wouldn't see a future with him unless there is a huge event between her being glad that Lorelai finally gets to know him better and the proposal ...

Last edited by hearty26; 03-29-2007 at 08:35 AM
Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

The thing is that no matter what, Logan is going to end this season/series as a total looser, he failed in his job and now he is dump by the woman he loves, a real happy ending for him that I haven't seen before in any otehr ending, except for the bad guy who deserves to be pusnished.

Yes you can say Dean end with Rory in an awfull way too, but he deserved it for playing with his wife feelings and Jess acted like a jerk but then he was redeemed.

But yes I'm not forgetting thet the girls are the center of the show, even if I haven't seen things that way this season.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearty26 (View Post)
Really you can understand this? I don't understand this ... you can stay together if you love each other ... why moving on when the right one stands in front of you? Even if one isn't ready to marry ... or am I totally wrong? because my boyfriend was already ready to marry and I wasn't ready but we are still together ... I said to him that I can imagine to marry him but not now ... and it was ok ...
I'm just saying that it has to hurt Logan if she turns him down. And if Rory doesn't see a future with him anymore or doesn't know if she'll ever be ready to marry him, why continue with a relationship that's not going anywhere? I'm not saying that's the case at all. I'm just considering it one of the possibilities for why they would break up. I don't want to immediately say that it makes no sense for them to break up when we have no idea how or why the proposal plays out.

Quote:
I really hope that they do not show Logan proposing for the wrong reasons because then it's again Logan's fault ...
I hope not either, but... again, it's just another possibility for why Logan proposes and why she'd turn him down.

Again, I was just trying to name a couple of reasons why she'd turn him down and why they'd break up. I don't like any of them, but I trust that the writers wouldn't make it some crazy, random break up. So far they've done a great job with Rory and Logan this season.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

A poster on the RL spoiler thread mentioned that it wasn't part of the initial plan to break up Rory and Logan but it changed. It makes me sad that they didn't just stick to what they had originally... would have saved us all the heartache.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A poster on the RL spoiler thread mentioned that it wasn't part of the initial plan to break up Rory and Logan but it changed. It makes me sad that they didn't just stick to what they had originally... would have saved us all the heartache.
How does this person know that!?

Perhaps things change because it's more likely that they'll have a S8? I have no idea why they would change the plans?!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Perhaps things change because it's more likely that they'll have a S8?
I was kind of wondering about that possibility myself. But I don't want to get my hopes up anymore.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would make sense to change the storyline in this way then, so they can explore it more in the new season?! Perhaps rory doubting her decision when she's in the work field and misses Logan when he gave her professional advice and such and comfort when she needed it..s

I don't want to get my hopes up either, especially since all the Season 8 talk is different. one says we won't get it, others say there's a big chance we will!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Maybe there is really a second ending ... I mean as far as I know they had two endings for Everwood ... one for the series ending and one for the season ending ... I mean, I heard somewhere, that in the ending which was meant to be the season and not the series ending Amy and Ephram didn't get back together ... maybe it's the case here too but like you I don't want to get my hopes up ...
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I mean, I heard somewhere, that in the ending which was meant to be the season and not the series ending Amy and Ephram didn't get back together .
If it were a season finale of Everwood then Madison would have come back and ruin the E/A stuff..

It could very well be the case for GG as well...

ETA:

Quote:
From FormerlyAmish on twop:

"A very good friend of mine manages a "frock shop" from which GG has sourced some of its wardrobe over the past few years. They have been approached about supplying clothing over the next 6-9 months. I think that offers a wee bit of hope re: Season Eight. Yes? "

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If it were a season finale of Everwood then Madison would have come back and ruin the E/A stuff..
I knew it I read this spoiler/whatsoever somewhere and I thought: what? And then comes the recap and I thought ... um ... where was madison?

I really hope we'll get this here and with this new info ... who knows, maybe there is really another season ... but I want matt in it ...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if there's season 8 see the positive girl in me was thinking lst night, maybe Logan proposes but he does it this way, he tells Rory he's sure she's it for him, and he knows he's it for her too, but he doesn't know she's sure of it, so he'll giver time and space to figure out what she wants and he'll be waiting for her, to realize what she wants and hopefully she'll realize that's a future with him. So that's when season 8 comes and Rory realizes in the first 4 eps that she wants Logan she always knew it but now she knows it for sure, no doubts no second thoughts, it's just is.

So that's my hopes now. Yeah pathetic I knw. but I do't know I just couldn't sleep last night, and like conny I keep wondering why I keep reading spoilers when they hurt so much!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysHoldingOn (View Post)
I don't know if there's season 8 see the positive girl in me was thinking lst night, maybe Logan proposes but he does it this way, he tells Rory he's sure she's it for him, and he knows he's it for her too, but he doesn't know she's sure of it, so he'll giver time and space to figure out what she wants and he'll be waiting for her, to realize what she wants and hopefully she'll realize that's a future with him. So that's when season 8 comes and Rory realizes in the first 4 eps that she wants Logan she always knew it but now she knows it for sure, no doubts no second thoughts, it's just is.

So that's my hopes now. Yeah pathetic I knw. but I do't know I just couldn't sleep last night, and like conny I keep wondering why I keep reading spoilers when they hurt so much!
i hope that's the case. especially if there is a season 8 and AB and MC are both signed on. if only we're so lucky. i don't know why i keep reading spoilers either. i'll be heading out to the justin timberlake concert in a little bit so at least that will keep me distracted for a couple of hours. but im honestly quite scared of what kind of news or picturewill pop up next since that person for USC said she'll try and get more today.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread