Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
New Fan

They didn't use logan enough this season... what a waste of good talent.
Now they are going to break up .........
I feel so depressed !
Old 03-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnerin (View Post)
i posted this in the r/l spoiler thread but there's always 100 different conversations going on so i'm putting it here too.

do you think the writers and head honchos of the show and what not are aware that the breakup could possibly lose them some viewers? this is unlike the l/c storyline, where it was almost inevitable that the marriage wouldn't last. and no offense to rory's other love interests, they were never that committed and honestly, they were quite young, dealing with everyday teen issues. whereas rory and logan dealt with adult issues and maturing and such.

is it possible to get our thoughts together about the breakup, assuming that this is a permanent decision where mc would not be in the finale or possible season 8, over to the writers and such to let them know how big of a fanbase they're disappointing? just a thought.
My personal opinion is that DR has been paying attention to most of the JJ comments in which they say that a logical ending for the series/season was LL happily together and Rory alone to find her place in the business world.

I've read in other forums that JJ beleive that there is a little amount of R/L fans to be considered important for any particular decission about the series, they think that saying goodbye to Logan won't make any harm to the ratings if there is another season, instead of LL break up who was very important for a large quantity of viewers and many comments in the media use to say they hated Logan or don't even mentioned him or Rory as an interesting part of the SL, like if they were repeating the opinion of all the viewers.

So the Sophies are alone in this my friend, if there is a S8 and Logan is not coming back or even is not going to be seen till later in the series then we will have the oportunity to see which is the reality.

R/L fans have been alone all this time.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

i dont understand the fact that people are saying that she should be able to go out into the world without anything or anyone holding her back. it's not like logan needs to be taken care of. at least a steady boyfriend/fiancee would create stability when you're unsure of the future. also, nowadays its rather common for people to get engaged or get married at a young age. a lot of the people around me are now engaged or married to their college boyfriend/girlfriend and the majority of them waited after they finished school. doesnt rosenthal realize this?

it would have been a nice contrast to show that what lorelai found at later stage in life, meaning luke, rory was able to find at an earlier part of her life.

sorry for my nonsense talk throughout the day. i don't know why i continue to read these spoilers. especially on th L/L spoiler thread, where everything looks quite positive for them. it's like i enjoy the bandaid being ripped, continuously, at such a painful rate.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfriend (View Post)
My personal opinion is that DR has been paying attention to most of the JJ comments in which they say that a logical ending for the series/season was LL happily together and Rory alone to find her place in the business world.

I've read in other forums that JJ beleive that there is a little amount of R/L fans to be considered important for any particular decission about the series, they think that saying goodbye to Logan won't make any harm to the ratings if there is another season, instead of LL break up who was very important for a large quantity of viewers and many comments in the media use to say they hated Logan or don't even mentioned him or Rory as an interesting part of the SL, like if they were repeating the opinion of all the viewers.

So the Sophies are alone in this my friend, if there is a S8 and Logan is not coming back or even is not going to be seen till later in the series then we will have the oportunity to see which is the reality.

R/L fans have been alone all this time.
I always felt R/L fans were never really given that much respect, in other forums and in the media with all the critics. And the constant defending of our couple just got exhausting. And now, it's all for nothing.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I always felt R/L fans were never really given that much respect, in other forums and in the media with all the critics. And the constant defending of our couple just got exhausting. And now, it's all for nothing
I agree I think we deserve more respect then we're given. L/l break up got soo much attention why can't R/l
Logan: That, too.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I just think we deserve our happy ending, Rory deserves it andso does Logan! he's not some character that can't be dismissed just like that he's been on the show for 3 years now...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

More tour info from comatisedheart

Quote:
Gilmore Girls is back fliming on USC campus today (3/28/07) and tomorrow. Lauren was there (in a hot pink little number), Alexis, Matt Czuchry, Kelly Bishop, and Edward Hermann. No sign of Scott Patterson or David Sutcliffe. I saw some cap and gowns, so most likely the're filming the graduation scenes. Although, Alexis seemed to be wearing just jeans, uggs, and a dark blue hoodie with sun glasses, so I'm not sure exactly what they're filming. I asked a random crew member, "So they're probably not coming back next season, huh?" and he replied, "It looks like they might."

Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

I definetely don't want Season 8th if there's no Logan!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

Could anybody tell me why I'm still reading in this Spoiler thread? It broke my heart time and time again (if this is possible)

I don't wanna see this scene as the goodbye scene ... even DR can't be that cruel ... I mean graduation day ... a day to which everyone looked forward from the beginning of this show and then a break up after three years? I don't get it ... I still don't get it ... but I think we have to accept this sooner or later ...

OOK, now I've seen these pics ...
And I think with this scene everything is said ... Logan seemed to propose before the graduation ceremony and then Rory slaps right into his face (not literally) ... there is so much distance between them ... DR what did you do?

But btw. Matt looks hot ... at least we will get a hot Logan when it ends ... great ...

Last edited by hearty26; 03-29-2007 at 01:27 AM
Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearty26 (View Post)
Could anybody tell me why I'm still reading in this Spoiler thread? It broke my heart time and time again (if this is possible)

I don't wanna see this scene as the goodbye scene ... even DR can't be that cruel ... I mean graduation day ... a day to which everyone looked forward from the beginning of this show and then a break up after three years? I don't get it ... I still don't get it ... but I think we have to accept this sooner or later ...
The thing is, it's so sad for all the Rory fans that have watched the show and followed her storyline through all these seasons. We've all been looking forward to this moment since the pilot, and this is what we get?

I'd be doing much better if I knew that Matt was definitely in S8. Granted, I don't think there will be a S8, nor do I really want one. But the idea of Logan coming back next season sure eases the constriction in my chest right now.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Because no matter what you still love our couple and you, as everybody here should stay in this board and this thread no matter what happens with them.

We can stop watching the show, we can watch it as a last option in our agenda, we can visit here only to discuss what is happening with those who are still watching the show, but we must stick together because this is the rigth time to show that we exist and have enough power over the show and the ratings to be taken under consideration.

So, welcome all of you new visitors and members that are taking part in this board for all the concern and please don't leave as alone, stay here, you'll always be welcome, don't be ashame of anything.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Because no matter what you still love our couple and you, as everybody here should stay in this board and this thread no matter what happens with them.
Oh you are so right and I'm still hoping somewhere in my heart that there is a happy ending ... it have to be ... I thought about these pictures again and I think that the proposal was at the beginning of this episode, maybe at the end of epi 20 and Rory will say no, they "break up" (I'm still in denial about it) and she thinks he will not come to her graduation and he will be there ... and this scene what we've seen on those pics is his appearance after all to show her that he still care ... and when I think about this, my heart is breaking even more

Quote:
We can stop watching the show, we can watch it as a last option in our agenda, we can visit here only to discuss what is happening with those who are still watching the show, but we must stick together because this is the rigth time to show that we exist and have enough power over the show and the ratings to be taken under consideration.
I will stay definitely ... and I will watch these episodes .. I want to see why they break up the best couple I've ever seen ... I want to hear the reason and I want to see that this time it isn't Logan's fault ... and I want to see the last episode ad if that's because I want to say goodbye ... but without Logan in the next season (that's if there is one) GG is over at least for me ... I don't want to see another season with Lorelai's love life and drama and some stupid SL ... no, then it's definitely over ... but I remain on this board ... no matter what ... hee, I do not like only this couple but also you guys
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww, group hug everyone!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Extreme Fan

seein the pics made me sad...because i was sort of in denial, i wasn't feeling too bad about this spoiler, but seeing the pics makes it more real. the pics are just of a read-through of the script, right? so we may not be able to judge the distance between them as something significant. also, matt does look very hot, and u can see him listening to music in the 3rd pic
conny, i like your idea about logan going to the graduation to show he cares!!
before, i was happy to have a series finale if rory and logan stayed together, but with this break-up, i'm hoping for a season 8 with matt returning. i thought DR was gettin into the groove with the second half of the season and the SLs, but obviously not. i guess if they've already shot it then there's not much that can be done now, right? so does that mean the finale will be shot next week?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

those pictures are really sad..

I think they'll break up before the ceremony, but Logan, our good guy, comes to watch the ceremony any way and says goodbye afterwards..

Matt does look great from a far distance though

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread