Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

I finished a new, touching (in a happy way) RM video. I hope you all will enjoy it! It's mostly from Marissa's POV. The lyrics of the song really fit her a lot! I worked really hard on this! Please watch in HD!

-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 05-25-2012 at 03:44 PM
Old 05-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Really great job on the video, Theresa! It looks really good visually. But aw, that line "it's easier for you to let me go" made me feel sad for Marissa.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Really nicely edited video! I love videos that have relevant song lyrics, lol. And wow, I have not seen S1 in a very long time.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the video great job.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really nicely edited video! I love videos that have relevant song lyrics, lol. And wow, I have not seen S1 in a very long time.
Thanks so much, Liz! Yeah, when I heard this song I couldn't resist making an RM video to it. Haha, I love S1. Maybe it's time for you to re-watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
Really great job on the video, Theresa! It looks really good visually. But aw, that line "it's easier for you to let me go" made me feel sad for Marissa.
Aw thanks Monica! Yeah, I feel the song lyrics really go with Marissa and how she viewed their relationship. I don't actually think it was easier for Ryan to get over Marissa, but I think she felt that way and I can see why some fans would feel that way. But I feel like I really get Ryan and relate to him, and for me personally - I don't think he was ever over her... even when he was dating Lindsay, Sadie, Taylor, etc., but I don't think he did a good job of showing her this (kind of the writer's fault too though) but also because he's so stoic generally and not apt to showing his emotions to people or what he's thinking or how he feels. I think he's really good at putting up fronts and it's really easy for him to act like he is trying to move on, but I don't feel he ever did or could completely. He'll always have a part of Marissa in his heart. She was his first love. I think if they hadn't killed her off the show... in a realistic storyline, Ryan would have internally realized that he can't live without her. In addition to me relating to Ryan though, he is also like a lot of my guy friends (lol I have a lot of guy friends and I mean a lot!!) and since I grew up around mostly guys (a lot of them being troubled guys and having a similar personality to Ryan) and hearing their point of view, I'm used to how a lot of them think. Just because they don't outwardly show their emotions or just because they try hard to move on or try not to let heartbreak or drama bog them down, doesn't mean they don't love the girl or care. I think Ryan loved Marissa, and he always had good intentions and I think he just sometimes also doubted her love for him and while she loved him so much, I don't think he always realized that either. So they just had bad communication problems going on. Basically two troubled teens with walls up and difficulty dealing with their feelings (though in different ways). I think it's realistic.

Sorry that was so long winded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
I love the video great job.
Aw thanks!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 05-25-2012 at 08:44 PM
Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

I totally get what you're saying, Theresa I don't really know what to say. I still have some disappointments with the way RM were sometimes written, and the fact that Marissa got killed off just makes it worse and more painful for me. But I'm trying not to dwell too much on the negative, and focus more on their good moments.

Cute!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think it might be best to cut off at S2, and pretend there was a relevant resolution to the Trey story, lol. Because for me, that's when Josh really seemed to lose creative focus.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think it might be best to cut off at S2, and pretend there was a relevant resolution to the Trey story, lol. Because for me, that's when Josh really seemed to lose creative focus.
Yeah. The first 8 or so episodes of S3 were good though IMO. If the Trey stuff would have been addressed after that and Johnny's storyline wouldn't have taken up so much screen time and if RM had stayed together, it would have been fine. I really thought they would address the issues after S3 episodes 7 and 8 because in those two episodes, we see both Ryan and Marissa have melt downs (Ryan punching the bag 'til his knuckles are bloody and he's near tears and exhaustion, which had a lot more to do with letting out pain regarding his past and Trey than Volchok... and Marissa's meltdown when trying to write her college letter). That was the time to address the underlying issues, but for whatever reason, the writers didn't. Even in the fourth episode, when Ryan misjudges the situation of Marissa crying next to Johnny, it was clear that this was because Ryan's emotions were in overdrive after knowing she was sexually assaulted by his brother. It wasn't behavior that much different from him punching the Dean when the Dean put his hands on her. I know people were mad at Ryan there (in both situations), and I never understood why. It was clearly a psychological response to me. He could no longer think straight when it came to Marissa being in danger and it had a lot to do with the sexual assault. He even tried to talk to Marissa in the second and third episode about how he felt he messed up things for her and it's his fault, and he looked crushed when she told him, "I don't need you to protect me." And she seemed crushed that he was so difficult to talk to and she seemed annoyed that he was so protective. But it all goes back to the same thing: Trey mostly (but also Oliver or anyone else who ever tried to hurt Marissa). The writers could have addressed these issues more deeply later on, and instead they took the shallow way out. But I can't fathom why anyone would be mad at either one of these characters for their sometimes extreme reactions towards each other the first 8 or so episodes of the third season because psychologically it made sense.

Liz, I remember you wrote an excellent fic dealing with a lot of these issues. That should have happened in S3 instead.

Quote:
I totally get what you're saying, Theresa I don't really know what to say. I still have some disappointments with the way RM were sometimes written, and the fact that Marissa got killed off just makes it worse and more painful for me. But I'm trying not to dwell too much on the negative, and focus more on their good moments.
Aw yeah, I dwell on the positive!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 06-06-2012 at 08:35 AM
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, it's really past 307ish when things spiraled out of control, and Johnny started eating the show. I vaguely recall the Xmas episode being all about poor Johnnywithagun, lol.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Yeah, it's really past 307ish when things spiraled out of control, and Johnny started eating the show. I vaguely recall the Xmas episode being all about poor Johnnywithagun, lol.
That reminds me of this video one of my friends made. The rap lyrics were too perfect to pass up the opportunity. "Johnny had a shot gun, but he wasn't strong enough to c-ock one."

Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Bwah! Johnny did provide some decent unintentional LOLZ.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Cute pics
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics! Ryan's hair was so bad in that episode.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

LOL, Ben's hair. I think we actually threw a celebration in Spooners the summer between S2 and S3 when we saw he'd cut his hair.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread