Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Passionate Fan

The video is really great, Theresa! I watched it again just now. I really like the clip from The Debut when RM are dancing
Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Nice RM vid, ManhattanBabe! Great editing, and I always like any indication that Marissa didn't die I like the phrase "beautiful nightmare" for RM too- I once did an RM vid to Kelly Clarkson's Beautiful Disaster. It's a good catchphrase for the up and down roller coaster that was RM.

I'll watch the Ryan vid next!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
The video is really great, Theresa! I watched it again just now. I really like the clip from The Debut when RM are dancing
You're so sweet, Monica! Thanks for re-watching it and for the kind compliment! I love RM dancing in The Debut too. Ryan was so nervous that he was a bad dancer and embarrassing Marissa and her presence kept reassuring him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Nice RM vid, ManhattanBabe! Great editing, and I always like any indication that Marissa didn't die I like the phrase "beautiful nightmare" for RM too- I once did an RM vid to Kelly Clarkson's Beautiful Disaster. It's a good catchphrase for the up and down roller coaster that was RM.
Thanks so much, Liz! It really means a lot to me that you saw it and that you enjoyed the editing. I agree, indications that she didn't die are great! I agree about the beautiful nightmare/beautiful disaster, but that's what I love about this couple and aren't they just so pretty to look at? If they hadn't been ruined in S3, they could have been epic.

I would love to see your RM/Kelly Clarkson video. Is there still a link?

Quote:
I'll watch the Ryan vid next!
Aw thanks. Be sure to let me know what you think please.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Sam was right, that Ryan vid is great! Nice voiceovers. I forgot what a piece of work Dawn was early on, lol.

I'll see if I can find it- I was a bit late to YT, only started posting my vids there after someone downloaded them, edited out my name in the credits, and put in their own. CREEPY! Here are some of mine, though. This one is one of Sam's favorites:

We Are - YouTube

One of my more popular ones on YT:

Marissa, Ryan, Trey- Because of You - YouTube

A Fab Four vid:

100 Years - YouTube

This is one of the few OC vids I got to make after switching to Sony Vegas- I'm not sure what I originally meant but it basically ended up looking like Marissa would never get over Ryan after all, lol:

The OC- Alex, Ryan, and Marissa: Near to You - YouTube
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sam was right, that Ryan vid is great! Nice voiceovers. I forgot what a piece of work Dawn was early on, lol.
Aw thanks so much! Yeah, Dawn was definitely a piece of work as was Julie Cooper. It's a wonder that both Ryan and Marissa came out even half as sane as they did.

I actually made a rather touching Ryan and Dawn video that delves deeply into the relationship if you'd like to take a look. It's a unique video in that I don't think anyone else ever vidded this relationship and I pretty much summed it up in a way I can only wish the show and Josh Schwartz and the other writers would have done. I wish they had put more effort into it because in my opinion Ben McKenzie and Daphne Ashbrooke really aced every scene together, especially in The Gamble and The Dawn Patrol, and it's a shame their chemistry wasn't better utilized. Then again, I don't like how a lot of things on the show were written. For example, instead of Theresa getting pregnant the end of S1 to mess up the dynamic between Ryan, Marissa, and the Cohens and force Ryan out of Newport, I think a more compelling storyline would have been for something bad to happen to Dawn and Ryan to feel obligated to leave Newport to take care of her.

Anyway, here's that video:

Quote:
I'll see if I can find it- I was a bit late to YT, only started posting my vids there after someone downloaded them, edited out my name in the credits, and put in their own. CREEPY!
Oh lord, I'll never understand some people and why they do things like that.

Quote:
Here are some of mine, though. This one is one of Sam's favorites:

We Are - YouTube
I really love the way you've put this together and how it follows the chronological sequence of events showcasing Luke, Oliver, Theresa, Eddie, DJ, Alex, Lindsay, and Trey. The end definitely seemed like RM were getting revenge together on all the people who stood in their way. Loved it. If only. RM had so much potential.

Quote:
One of my more popular ones on YT:

Marissa, Ryan, Trey- Because of You - YouTube
Aw that song is so powerful and so appropriate for the context of the video. I really did enjoy the flashbacks and how you show how both Ryan and Marissa were scarred by Trey and how they viewed him before he messed up their lives. It's crazy how fitting the lyrics of the song are for both Ryan's and Marissa's thoughts on Trey. I especially love how in the end you show the punching bag as Ryan's way of coping (one of my favorite Ryan/Ben scenes) paralleled with Marissa's frustration and shoving her laptop off the table (I really love Mischa's work in this scene). I always felt the writers did a terrible job of showing what Ryan was going through in S3 when it came to Trey and that punching bag scene was one of the few scenes where Ben McKenzie got a chance to give us subtext despite the writers not explaining Ryan's motivation better and Ben did a great job in my opinion of really showing us how hurt and internally scarred Ryan is to have so much anger built up that he needs to release and feel pain and bloody his knuckles in that way. His face showed a wide range of emotions in that scene. Mere anger at Volchok wouldn't have been enough to make Ryan seek out his own form of therapy IMO. I wish the writers would have explained it more in later episodes and had Ryan and Marissa talk about it. They were both messed up. The reason Ryan needed therapy in the form of a punching bag in the first place was because of how messed up he was due to Trey, his father, his mother, and his whole upbringing and I give major kudos to you for realizing this and portraying it perfectly in your video.

It's so true that Trey made both Ryan and Marissa have difficulty trusting people and communicating with each other and it's troubling that The OC writers (in my opinion) took the shallow route in telling their S3 story.

Anyway, great video.

Quote:
A Fab Four vid:

100 Years - YouTube
Aw that video is so cute!

You know, I made an OC friendship video too if you'd like to take a look, but it's not just fab four. It has Ryan/Seth and Marissa/Summer but it also includes all the other teen friendships on the show like Ryan/Luke, Seth/Anna, Taylor/Summer, Seth/Marissa, Ryan/Summer, etc. Here it is:

Quote:
This is one of the few OC vids I got to make after switching to Sony Vegas- I'm not sure what I originally meant but it basically ended up looking like Marissa would never get over Ryan after all, lol:

The OC- Alex, Ryan, and Marissa: Near to You - YouTube
You know, I actually saw this video a while ago but didn't know you at the time. It's really emotional and really great, and the way you did the flashbacks and voice overs is beautiful and even a little bit eery, which is perfect for the song and what was being portrayed in the video. And it didn't even offend me as a Ryan fan and RM fan. I like the way you incorporated Alex into the video in a way that doesn't really give off the impression that you are hating on Ryan. It just seems like you are really digging deeply into how Marissa probably feels, but Ryan to some degree is portrayed in a positive light just as much as he is portrayed in a negative light in the video and I think for the RM relationship that would be accurate for both characters and how they viewed each other. As we established earlier, they are basically a beautiful nightmare/disaster. They can't live without each other, but together they can't make it work. Star crossed lovers I suppose. Great job!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 04-25-2012 at 08:57 PM
Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I will NEVER understand the disgraceful lack of follow-up regarding Trey in S3, or the DID the writers seemed to have regarding Ryan's POV on the whole mess. They had a gold mine in that story, some of the best writing on the show combined with good acting and solid chemistry all the way around between Logan, Ben, and Mischa, and they just dropped it. And we got Johnny. WHYYYYYYYYYY.

This one is...someone's favorite, but now I've forgotten who, lol:

Total Eclipse of the Heart - YouTube

I'll watch those vids next!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I will NEVER understand the disgraceful lack of follow-up regarding Trey in S3, or the DID the writers seemed to have regarding Ryan's POV on the whole mess. They had a gold mine in that story, some of the best writing on the show combined with good acting and solid chemistry all the way around between Logan, Ben, and Mischa, and they just dropped it. And we got Johnny. WHYYYYYYYYYY.
Exactly!

Quote:
This one is...someone's favorite, but now I've forgotten who, lol:

Total Eclipse of the Heart - YouTube
That song is SOOOO powerful and perfect for this couple. Nice job on the video.

Here is another very powerful video someone (one of my friends) made of RM to that song if you're interested. It's pretty amazing IMO:

Quote:
I'll watch those vids next!
Aw yay! I hope you like them!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Nice Ryan/Dawn vid- again, great job with the voiceovers. Eeek, that Ryan/Kirsten scene from the intervention really never gets any better, does it?

And cute friendship vid! The all things ancient geek in me appreciates the Cicero quote And that song was the class song of the class right before me (our class song was Piano Man- yeah, my class was full of a bunch of drunks, lol).

Total Eclipse of the Heart has very RM appropriate lyrics from Marissa's POV, especially "Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild/but every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms" and "Every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you always wanted to be/but every now and then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am".
Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nice Ryan/Dawn vid- again, great job with the voiceovers. Eeek, that Ryan/Kirsten scene from the intervention really never gets any better, does it?
Thanks so much, Liz! Yeah, I love using voice overs in videos, and I can tell you do too. And yeah, Kirsten was quite a bit harsh with her words to Ryan during the intervention and I guess one of the issues I had with her is that she never apologized directly to him for what she said or what she put him through and in S3 she admitted that she only got sober because of Seth and she never talked to Ryan about her sobriety and only talked to Seth about it and took Seth to her AA meetings but didn't let Ryan "in" emotionally. I get that Seth is her biological son so, of course she loves him more, but I felt the least she could have done was have a one on one conversation with Ryan in S3 where she apologizes for what she said. I think he deserved a one on one apology considering the only reason he was even staying with the Cohens is because Kirsten had pretty much promised his mother that she'd be a mom to him yet she really hadn't been a good mom to him those years. For a lot of the time on the show, I feel like Kirsten more so treated him like a friend that was living in their house than a son, but maybe that's just me. I mean I like her, but I don't necessarily like everything she did or said when it came to Ryan (and even Sandy and Seth).

Since we are on the topic of video making still, I have this Ryan/Julie/Marissa video that I started a while ago and then that computer crashed and I lost all the files, but I do have a good portion of it finished. I'll probably upload it to youtube sometime and post what I had. I felt the Ryan/Marissa dynamic was very interesting when Julie tried to interfere.

Do you have any more videos of your own you can share? Maybe Marissa ones?

I did make a Ryan/Sandy video that hopefully is touching and sweet and a bit deep:

Quote:
And cute friendship vid! The all things ancient geek in me appreciates the Cicero quote And that song was the class song of the class right before me (our class song was Piano Man- yeah, my class was full of a bunch of drunks, lol).
I love Billy Joel though! But I'm trying to connect Piano Man with High school class song and yeah - it seems a bit odd. And thanks! I love ancient Greek things too.

Quote:
Total Eclipse of the Heart has very RM appropriate lyrics from Marissa's POV, especially "Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild/but every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms" and "Every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you always wanted to be/but every now and then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am".
I definitely agree with this. It's a very very RM appropriate song and the lyrics are very "Marissa."
Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man I miss making RM videos I only did a few but I miss making some videos
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
Man I miss making RM videos I only did a few but I miss making some videos
Are you gonna try again, Tiana? I love your videos

Wow you guys are moving I'm getting so confused.

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by missygurl88 (View Post)
Are you gonna try again, Tiana? I love your videos

Wow you guys are moving I'm getting so confused.
I would if i didnt have such a videos block block.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
I would if i didnt have such a videos block block.
Do "A Thousand years"

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I actually didn't like Kirsten that much after S1, lol. I always liked Sandy, but I had issues with Kirsten. And I both thought she and Ryan hadn't come far enough emotionally for that line to work as strictly lashing out rather than "...Well, did she really mean that?" and that it was never properly dealt with afterward. Not that anything in the S2 finale was dealt with properly later, lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I actually didn't like Kirsten that much after S1, lol. I always liked Sandy, but I had issues with Kirsten. And I both thought she and Ryan hadn't come far enough emotionally for that line to work as strictly lashing out rather than "...Well, did she really mean that?" and that it was never properly dealt with afterward. Not that anything in the S2 finale was dealt with properly later, lol.
Yeah which was really the show huge issues none of their huge arcs really got dealt with the way it should have.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread