To me it feels like she's having a bit of fun with the media in a funny way

Plus I did love that video!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

The video is wonderful .
Old 02-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's one of my favs mainly because it's quite simple plus she looks really good in it! One of my fav looks of her!

Old 02-21-2017, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

i like that it is so simple but also so good too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely thought it was a good first single, it's a shame it didn't became such a hit as its follow up 'stronger'

Old 02-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with you but it also does not surprise me. Stronger had a stronger message in it (for lack of a better word to describe it), or at least a more obvious one. Personally I prefer the message in Dark Side but the song is less generic or obvious which is possibly why it did not do as well. It could also be that it was not promoted as well as the previous ones as it was the third single.

Interestingly Mr Know It All was her first number one song in Australia and I do not believe she has done it again since then either. Or at least according to what I was just reading anyway .
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda liked that Mr Know it all felt fresher sound wise...
Stronger is a great song too but it is a song that very obviously has a positive message but it's also very poppy and easy to like. If that's the right word.
Mr Know it all's sound is different and I liked that she tried to make that her 1st single off that album.

Dark Side is also a great song yes! very good message as well!
Apparently people like the more obvious messages haha

I checked the dutch charts but Stronger and Mr Know It all didn't even hit the charts here.... I do remember hearing Stronger on the radio but not Mr Know it All or Dark Side
I do sometimes feel that the promotion of songs could have been better world wide

Old 02-22-2017, 02:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Stronger is the only one I've heard here that I can remember Mr Know It All must have been played here though if it did well

I think the pop, obvious message goes better than the more hidden & risk taking messages & songs. Both MKIA & DS had more unique sounds, & seemed like she played/experimented with more things to create them. I think that's what added to their downfall but I'm glad that MKIA & not Stronger was the first single

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

I find the promotion of songs questionable too. She could promote them more world wide, but that would also take a lot of time. But if the songs were played more on the radio in other countries then they may do better in the charts in those countries.

Quote:
I kinda liked that Mr Know it all felt fresher sound wise...
Stronger is a great song too but it is a song that very obviously has a positive message but it's also very poppy and easy to like. If that's the right word.
Mr Know it all's sound is different and I liked that she tried to make that her 1st single off that album.
That is how I feel as well. As Chelle said, it felt more like she experimented with some more things and it had a more unique sound to it. It was refreshing to hear it and a nice change from just another pop song similar to her previous album.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would require a lot of time yes to promote world wide but I kind of miss hearing her on the radio sometimes..I do remember that they aired Piece by Piece but only when that Idol version became a hit

Old 02-24-2017, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

The time should not matter; she deserves to be played around the world and I would think the promotion should be a good thing. Hopefully the new label realises this and promotes her well.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hopefully they do

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am really curious about the new record and how they promote things

Old 05-10-2017, 03:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think the pics in this OP are playing up too

For now the Smoakstack EP is included in this thread. Should we have a separate thread for those EPs? If we leave them in here should I add in the album cover for it too?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-10-2017, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think we should just keep it in!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread