Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2020, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I'm shocked by all his demands, guess he's more like his father than we thought.

7 lawyers sounds insane to me. Why does he need so much money to look after his kids when Kelly is paying all of their expenses? She's never gonna sing Piece by Piece again is she How would she be able to sing "He never asks for money"
Old 12-01-2020, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/11/30...yer-interview/
Quote:
Why Kelly Clarkson May Pay Ex $135KMonthly Child Support Despite Having Primary Custody

Kelly Clarkson, 38, may end up paying $135,000 a month to her ex Brandon Blackstock, 43, for child support because of her high income and California “guidelines”, according to Los Angeles family lawyer Kelly Chang Rickert. Although the singer has primary custody of their children, River Rose, 6, and Remy, 4, Brandon, who is reportedly asking for a whopping $300,000 a month in alimony in addition to the $135 in child support, is still eligible to receive what he’s asking for because of her top salary, but that amount could change over the years depending on her “earning capacity”.

“California has one of the highest guideline supports in all 50 states, it’s based off income,” Rickert EXCLUSIVELY explained to Hollywoodlife. “So yes, depending on Kelly’s salary (which should be in the millions), his request sounds about right. You can still get child support if you don’t have majority of the kids, if the other sides income is far, far greater.”

As far as why Brandon would be asking for $135,000 a month in child support, Rickert explained that “he’s just going for the full extent of the law.” “He basically got her financials, plugged it in and is asking for the guideline and he’s going to get it because the guideline in California is extremely high,” she said. “He doesn’t have to justify it because it doesn’t matter because it’s guidelines.”

Rickert also pointed out that the exact amount may be negotiated between them and it may go down if Kelly’s future income gets lower. “They’ll probably negotiate something, because maybe her income goes up and down, up and down. If she has a bad year, like no royalties or something, then it’ll go down, or they’ll negotiate something,” she confirmed. “Her earning capacity is not going to be like this forever I don’t think, so she won’t be able to pay this amount forever.”

“Child support is always modifiable,” Rickert continued. “You can negotiate for alimony to be non modifiable, but in typical cases where income goes up and down, they don’t agree to that. They always say it’s modifiable.”

As far as the alimony amount, Rickert further explained that like child support, it also depends on Kelly’s earnings. “It really depends what she’s making, because the formula for alimony is pretty high in the state,” she said. “There are very set guidelines that take into account what each party is making. It is really just based on her earnings. If she makes $20 million per year then she would pay $8000 a month in child support, and $90,000 in alimony per month. But if she earns more, it goes up.”

A prenup is also a big factor when it comes to alimony. “Everybody that’s getting married in California needs to get a prenup because you are paying so much in alimony,” Rickert added. “Even if you have no kids, you’re paying alimony. And with a prenup you can waive alimony in California and we’re one of the few states that will let you waive alimony. But if they didn’t have a prenup that waived alimony then presumably alimony in California is awarded for half the length of marriage.”

“They were married for seven years so she’ll be paying three and a half years of alimony,” she continued. “But child support is payable until the kids are 18. We don’t know what happened to end the marriage but even if he was unfaithful to her she still has to pay because it doesn’t matter.”

Kelly and Brandon were married in 2013 but she reportedly filed for divorce on June 4, 2020. A reason for the split is not known at this time but it came as quite a shock to her the public since the couple was known for being so open about their happiness and love for each other. Kelly reportedly plans to be based primarily in Los Angeles, where her talk show films, post-split while Brandon reportedly plans to live in Montana, where he and Kelly had a ranch when they were together.
this explains why she might have to pay

yeah i think piece by piece is done.. understandably

i wonder when she will get new management

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-02-2020, 01:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

wtf? Where did this Brandon come from? Good that Kelly is in some ways getting away from him. But so terrible he's doing this to her

I'm sorry but isn't child support meant to be for when you have the children? So he should be paying her not her paying him? That law over there seems illogical to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-02-2020, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah after reading that article about the laws in LA it seems odd... though it seems to be in Brandon's favor despite him hardly having any costs for the kids if he only has them on a few weekends.. he might have to take them to Disneyland a lot and give them all kinds of treats to spend that amount of money

I'm so disappointed in Brandon, I think Kelly sees a whole new side of him right now

Tonight they air the performance of Brett and Kelly for a christmas tree lightning event I believe.

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 12-02-2020 at 05:50 AM
Old 12-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

But even then it said somewhere that she's paying for their costs even when they're with him . I don't know to what extent or if it would include if he took them on holiday though. It seems really odd to me that he'd be entitled to much money for the children. Spousal support ok, that depends on whatever they've agreed upon when they got married & if they didn't get a prenup then that's a real shame for Kelly. But not child support. To me that should depend upon which parent has the children.

Here's the performances

All I Want For Christmas Is You (I can't post this one as the video is age restricted for some reason, but hope the link works)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

they did have a prenup, in earlier documents Kelly is asking for them to follow the agreements of the prenup
Brandon gave a different response to it in his documents

I agree it should depend on how much they have the children, especially since Kelly seems to be the breadwinner it's odd that she seems to have to pay so much
I think it's just an odd arrangement in the state she is living in

new performance on tuesday!

I am loving the christmas performances though, loved seeing her perform UTT again and her new single with Brett!!

Old 12-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

If they've got a prenup then I don't think Brandon should be allowed to fight it. Sounds like a stupid & terrible legal battle . Stupid laws too

Thanks for the news

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Great performances!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

the latest performances

she sounds amazing live

i believe she would do something for this event
not sure what it was again LOL

plus she is hosting this

Old 12-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all of that! She is such a busy lady!
Old 12-11-2020, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2020, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Thanks for all of that! She is such a busy lady!
she is yes, don't know where she finds the time

apparently she sang White Christmas, I haven't seen footage of it yet though

ETA:

Found it!

plus their performance for Jimmy Fallon
They really seem to enjoy performing together, you can see it in the performance

Old 12-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know where she finds the time either!!

Thanks for those!
Old 12-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Her schedule sounds insane.

Lovely performances lately (hope it’s all safe with travel/Covid, though).

amelia | icon: mel
Old 12-13-2020, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As long as she loves doing it all!

I hope so as well
Closed Thread   Post New Thread