Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the video
Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What is that other event? Singers trying to make people vote? I will never understand the push of 'please vote, please vote' as it is compulsory here & to me that seems quite logical. I don't get not voting, but each to their own. Here really all you need to do is get your name marked off, you don't have to fill out the ballot sheet.

Thanks for the video. Funny she was announcing the performance from her dressing room. Desperate times to keep people safe though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-23-2020, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

perhaps to make sure people vote, I know here in Holland we've had a lot of people complain but when you check how many people actually voted (and some people who only like to complain about government) it is sometimes very surprising..

yeah very excited about the new single!

Aben Eubanks (always part of her band) co-wrote/produced the song!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-24-2020, 03:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah it amazes me how few people vote in other countries. But it also amazes me that other countries let it be a choice

oh cool. Aben Eubanks as a writer is a sign of a good song imo

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2020, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha.. yeah it is amazing sometimes

I think I saw it online somewhere that the last thing he wrote with Kelly was for her Wrapped in Red album?

Old 10-24-2020, 11:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

oh wow, really? Too long. He should write with/for her again soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-25-2020, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's what I heard, i haven't fact checked it

Old 10-27-2020, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Her new single is officially out tomorrow on streaming services but she uploaded it a few hours ago on youtube with a lyric video!!

What do you guys think?

I like it, it's very cheerful!! and really puts me in the christmas spirit!!

Quote:
Atlantic Records’ voting coalition ATL Votes has launched the 36% Campaign, named after the fact that only 36% of eligible voters aged 18-29 voted in the 2018 midterm election, according to the Census Bureau. Various artists signed to the label aim to illustrate the importance of voting by showcasing what this low percentage would look — and sound — like for hit music videos and songs.

Kelly Clarkson, Jack Harlow, boy band Why Don’t We, Meek Mill, Cordae, Grouplove and Portugal. The Man, among others, will release rough-cut, shortened videos of some of their biggest hits, such as Grouplove’s beloved “Tongue Tied” and Portugal. The Man’s five-time platinum Grammy award-winning “Feel It Still,” which has been edited to be 36% visible and stripped of key instrumental elements, including its signature bassline.

The current list of videos released also includes Clarkson’s “Love So Soft,” Harlow’s “WHATS POPPIN,” Why Don’t We’s “Fallin’ (Adrenaline),” Meek’s “Young Black America” and Cordae’s “RNP.” Each campaign video was edited by music video director Stephan Gray, with audio remixes of “Tongue Tied” and “Feel It Still” done by Sean Harvey.

Earlier this year, Atlantic Records employees formed a company-wide task force to get out the vote by mobilizing the label’s star-studded roster to bolster youth voter registration and turnout. Through a partnership with HeadCount, a nonprofit that coalitions with musicians to promote democratic participation, ATL Votes’ has brought in a team of experts to realize its mission.

In addition to social media campaigns, ATL Votes has integrated HeadCount’s voter registration tools into its artists’ websites, email lists and livestreams, along with launching competitions for fans to win video chats with artists if they check their registration status. For more information on voting and the 36% Campaign, please visit https://www.atlanticrecordsvotes.com/.

ETA: THey set the christmas song to private, they probably put it online too early!

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 10-28-2020 at 01:35 AM Reason: fixed broken video
Old 10-28-2020, 01:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

She sang Love So Soft for that? Interesting choice...

Shame about the video but not surprised as does seem a bit early. Its back now so edited your post so it shows up again (I know I could've posted it but didn't like seeing the broken video link in your posts . Hope that's ok!)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha well it's for Atlantic Records so she didn't have much choice I think in her music

that's okay thank you!

Old 10-30-2020, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think she only did a short segment for the Every Vote Counts bit on CBS

Old 10-30-2020, 07:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Very well said there

Nice she spoke & it wasn't just her singing

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2020, 11:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Kelly's fighting back against Starstruck's lawsuit

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson Legally Hits Back at Father-in-Law amid Split, Demands Money Made off Her Be Returned

Kelly Clarkson is fighting back after her management company of 13 years, Starstruck Management Group — which is owned by her estranged husband Brandon Blackstock's father, Narvel Blackstock — filed a lawsuit against her in September claiming she owes more than $1.4 million in unpaid commissions this year, in addition to the $1.9 million she already paid.

In a labor petition filed on Oct. 20 and obtained by PEOPLE, the singer, 38, claimed that Starstruck Management Group violated the California Labor Code for "procuring, offering, promising, or attempting to procure employment or engagements" for her without first obtaining a talent agency license. So, she argued, any and all agreements — including their reported verbal contract in which she agreed to pay them 15% commission on her gross earnings — be "declared void and unenforceable."

In regards to the petition, Starstruck's attorney Bryan Freedman tells PEOPLE in a statement that it "conveniently ignores the fact that Kelly had her own licensed talent agency [Creative Artists Agency] at all times."

"While Starstruck Management Group provided talent management services on her behalf, it did so at all times that CAA was her agency of record," he continued. "It is unfortunate that Kelly is again attempting to avoid paying commissions that are due and owing to Starstruck to try and achieve some perceived advantage in her ongoing custody and divorce proceedings."

A representative for Clarkson did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Based on these "wrongful acts," Clarkson argued that she doesn't have to pay Starstruck the commission they're seeking and that any money she previously paid to them should be returned. She also stated that she is "entitled to a full and complete accounting" from them of all money they received "directly or indirectly" from all contracts, employment or engagements pertaining to her in any way and that any money made from those commissions, fees, profits, advances and producing fees be returned.

In their original lawsuit, Starstruck claimed that despite their "hard work and dedication" to Clarkson's career over the past 13 years, she decided "to stop paying Starstruck for what is contractually owed."

In separate court documents, Clarkson asked that Starstruck's case against her be suspended until after her Labor Commission proceedings happen because if she wins, all of the claims made against her in the case will be "moot."

Clarkson contended in her petition that Starstruck evaded "the licensing requirements" set forth by the Talent Agencies Act by listing their alleged violations, including that they failed to submit a written application for a license, failed to write a formal talent agency agreement with her, demanded "unconscionable fees and compensation" from her for "illegal services," gave her false information in regards to their engagements, failed to deposit a $50,000 surety bond with the Labor Commissioner, failed to post a schedule of fees in their offices, failed to maintain proper records and failed to post a copy of the Talent Agencies Act in their offices.

She further claimed that both Brandon, 43, and Narvel, 64, acted as unlicensed talent agents.

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for that. I don't know much about it but sounds messy.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 11-07-2020, 09:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah. Unfortunately it keeps getting worse

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread