Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2016, 01:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ads for things are stupid I'm just sitting here picking them apart as I don't understand them or the point they're trying to make

In the US do you get ads on TV telling you who to vote for? Here we get them for each main party saying how if you vote for them they'll do this for you or if you vote for someone else bad things will happen & it is driving me crazy. That's just for a couple of weeks so if you have them for months that would be so much worse . Then again I still only have had a few weeks & already I want them all to go away as they're driving me crazy

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i don't know who to vote for on saturday..
Old 06-28-2016, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Someone who is likely to do something good for your area and you? I cannot vote since I am not a citizen but Chelle and I were looking at things earlier and if you look up your electorate here you should be able to see who is running in your electorate. Then hopefully it tells you about them which may help your decision making. Otherwise you could try the vote compass which is supposed to help you see who in your electorate believes similar things that you believe in. Chelle was trying to do that the other night but it would not load for her so I have no idea what it is like or how helpful it is.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know that there is a right answer for who to vote for

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-29-2016, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

my dad told me to vote for the libs and i will. i also asked him about how he felt about gay marriage as he was raised catholic, and to my surprise he supports it, however he wants laws in place for people who don't believe in gay marriage because of their faith, which i understand.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

I am going to bite my tongue on that one as I disagree that there should be a law for those who do not believe in it because of faith. The Liberals possibly can handle money better than the Labor party but if you just want to look at marriage equality the Liberals seem to want to make Australians pay to have a plebiscite while Labor are happy to leave it for the government to decide on it. To me making people pay for a plebiscite is a ridiculous waste of money. Marriage equality is such a minor detail to focus upon as well. Who someone marries does not affect someone else or change their faith or beliefs or marriage. It would not hurt anyone for there to have marriage equality. I am a bisexual and do see myself ending up with a woman over a man and would like to marry one day so I am bias over my opinion on marriage equality but I do not believe it should be the main reason someone votes for a political party or it is anywhere near as an important issue to look at. There are far more important things to look at to decide who to vote for; education, health, aged care, childcare, ect.

Okay so it is possible I did not bite my tongue as much as I could but I promise I did hold back some things .
Old 06-29-2016, 03:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Rae

I agree - there's far more important issues to look at. people focus on marriage equality which doesn't make sense to me as it doesn't really affect anyone (unless they want to charge us to ask us if we want it - which tbh either party could end up doing). For me education is most important. I work in education (early childhood) so I want to vote for people who believe it is a good thing & want to put money into it not just put money into businesses & private schools. I want money to go into my job & to keep my job. Money should be going to hospitals, schools, aged care, health, ect. But I think if you have an Independent running you should look at what they want to do as they don't belong to a party so in theory they are the ones who will look after your local area as they're from there & only need to worry about their own beliefs not the beliefs of a party

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-29-2016, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

oh i also agree about the education stuff.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think there's no right choice - they all will lie to try get people to vote for them & put money into stupid things

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-30-2016, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

In a way that is what makes me glad that I cannot vote as I would not be able to choose but it is still frustrating that I can live here but I cannot vote. I guess they do need to have some lines drawn between citizens and permanent residents though .
Old 06-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
I think there's no right choice - they all will lie to try get people to vote for them & put money into stupid things
yes they do that.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately

I hope you have a good weekend Lucy do you have any plans for it or are you working?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2016, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

working tomorrow, then might be looking after charlee on sunday.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hope work isn't too bad . What do you do again? I'm positive you've said it but I have an awful memory

looking after Charlee sounds fun

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hope work isn't too bad . What do you do again? I'm positive you've said it but I have an awful memory

looking after Charlee sounds fun

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread