Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

If you look at the three albums I feel Thankful was what she was told to do, Breakaway she was getting to do more of her own things and you got to see her more in it, and then by My December she really was showing a piece of herself. There is a progression there but the AIEW goes into all pop which did not feel like it was necessarily her, it was more like what she was made to do. Stronger got back to showing her and is a bit like Breakaway, and then Piece by Piece was a bit of experimenting and her getting to have some more freedom. Now we are presumably really going to get her for the next one.

I did not care for Thankful but Breakaway had enough of her and enough passion in it to make me take more notice of her and listen to her music. It took a little longer to become a fan but I ended up coming back to Breakaway and it is one of my favourite albums of hers.

My favourite songs on the album depend on my mood .
Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Because of You will always be my favourite I also like BTHE, SUBG, & IHMFLY

Quote:
If you look at the three albums I feel Thankful was what she was told to do, Breakaway she was getting to do more of her own things and you got to see her more in it, and then by My December she really was showing a piece of herself. There is a progression there but the AIEW goes into all pop which did not feel like it was necessarily her, it was more like what she was made to do. Stronger got back to showing her and is a bit like Breakaway, and then Piece by Piece was a bit of experimenting and her getting to have some more freedom. Now we are presumably really going to get her for the next one.
The first three albums really are her progress & getting more of herself on the albums & more say . Pity it then took a number of years & albums for her to get to the point where we're now finally looking at hopefully getting an album which is all her & what she wants

Breakaway really did give people a taste of who she is & what she can do far more than Thankful & for me it was more of a proper first album than Thankful was

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If you look at the three albums I feel Thankful was what she was told to do, Breakaway she was getting to do more of her own things and you got to see her more in it, and then by My December she really was showing a piece of herself.
I think that's true yes!
I think My December was the album she really wanted to do!
Quote:
I did not care for Thankful but Breakaway had enough of her and enough passion in it to make me take more notice of her and listen to her music. It took a little longer to become a fan but I ended up coming back to Breakaway and it is one of my favourite albums of hers.
It's one of my favs too but I like it because it's very diverse but still very Kelly!
Plus one of my fav live performances are from this album!
Her attitude and emotion really comes through
Quote:
Breakaway really did give people a taste of who she is & what she can do far more than Thankful & for me it was more of a proper first album than Thankful was
True! She could showcase her range much more on this album!

I also like this album because to me this was Kelly's first real representation of herself as an artist (I don't feel Thankful was that for her) and this album instantly got her recognition as in 2 Grammy Awards for SUBG and the album itself.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

My December was more what she wanted; just with a fight with her management to actually get to do it . Which would be why it then took us this long to get to a point where she seems to be able to do it again without the battle.

Quote:
I also like this album because to me this was Kelly's first real representation of herself as an artist (I don't feel Thankful was that for her) and this album instantly got her recognition as in 2 Grammy Awards for SUBG and the album itself.
Yes. It showed who she was, who she was as an artist and songwriter, and what she was capable of. I also agree it was more like a debut album than Thankful; however when you look at the recognition of the Grammys that could be more like a sophomore album because people knew to keep an eye on her to see what she did? But there may many new artists can get nominations and even wins from their debut albums

Quote:
Plus one of my fav live performances are from this album!
Which one?

I completely agree and love that her attitude and emotion comes through on this album .
Old 02-08-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to see if I can find it on youtube. ..

Well break away felt lyrics wise more Personal then thankful. .
Thankful didn't have the best song imo and that's why it made more sense to me that the grammys noticed her now
I still don't get why BOY wasn't nominated haha

Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I agree and it does make sense why the Grammys would take more notice of Breakaway over Thankful. Breakaway was far more deserving than Thankful was. BOY really did deserve more recognition.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

so many little things, I just want to say I agree with you both

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha that's good to know

Of course Kelly's live version of BOY at the Grammy's was powerful

But I also like this rendition of SUBG at an Idol Christmas thing
I just love the attitude and fun she has with this song

or this one @ MTV
Same song, very different performance but also rocking it! Despite being very hoarse

Though I do love most of her performances in that day.. especially of this song! She really went wild with some of them!

This one is good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2vBacB-ko
and then I haven't even started checking out non SUBG vids

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 02-09-2017 at 04:08 AM
Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Supercool poster from back in the day

Old 03-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

They should do that more often .
Old 03-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still can't wait for the day where Kelly gets the same number of singles from this album. I know that the wait between Breakway and MD was a long time, and Kelly ran herself ragged from so much promo and back-to-back-to-back tours, but we got FIVE hit singles off of one album. I think that Breakaway still is recognized as Kelly's most popular album, and even if she sounds so much younger (she was), it's still a GREAT overall record that holds up over a decade later.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 03-30-2017, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah she had quite a few singles off 1 album! I hope the new album will give her that!

Old 03-31-2017, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

Breakaway and the songs from it are what she is known for the most. Part of what will give her such success again will be the promotion that her label gives the album. She has the potential to have that level of success again, but work needs to be done to help her achieve it.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope the new label well help her get to this level again!

Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yes please. Kelly at her most raw and emotional is wonderful and some of her best work.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread