Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litmusy (View Post)
? about Susan Knight. She was the one that got pregnant by the teacher right? Did they ever discuss what would/did happen to the baby? If she's out partying, doing drugs, I'm guessing she didn't keep the baby, but was that ever addressed in the series? I can't remember.
It was addressed in the movie by Gia. She said "Susan as usual bottomed out, going on about the baby she gave up for adoption."
Old 03-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will admit I do wish Veronica was single in the film (plus Piz seemed to pretty pointless and his scenes could have been given to flesh other characters more). It seemed to me like she kind of jump from one relationship to another. I was never really a big fan of relationship hopping in movies or tv series.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'm not that bothered by the relationship hopping because it was pretty clear to me Veronica had little to no investment in the relationship even before she returned to Neptune (she's only now after almost a year meeting his co-workers/friends, she's never met his parents, etc), and it plummeted to less than no investment after she came back. For all the cares she gave about that relationship, she might as well have been single. Which is more my stance- it didn't really bring anything to her story. Rob said he wanted real stakes and for her to be giving something up- well, there WERE no real stakes, lol, other than maybe he was the boyfriend her father preferred.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)

One thing; would people go to jail for failing to realize their friend was dead from alcohol? or were they just worried about scandal?
Because they were doing illegal drugs, lots of them. And so Luke wanting to go into politics, could have been over from that. Gia -- if she wanted to do something with her life, and given all the bad publicity she already had from her pedophile father. Though Carrie really wouldn't have worry as much about that, given that she was a pop/rock star and shtuff like illegal drugs, isn't going to ruin your career.

But they were probably still all feeling the effects of doing lots of drugs (after all, Dick was still passed out this entire time) so their judgement wasn't the best.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I was really sad Sacks died.

If they wanted Piz in the movie they should have just made him a friend. Why even try and make a lame triangle no one liked in the show again. We all knew how it was going to end.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm the only one of the planet that still hasn't seen it
Not the only one. I keep meaning to, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I really enjoyed the movie even though I'm not a L/V (or Logan in general) fan at all. After my crappy week, this was a nice way to escape for a few hours.
I made my icon.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think more than leaving the bug on (which might not have been so easy to get rid of if the bug was planted in the flowers- I'm not exactly sure how that works, it doesn't seem like she can change the frequency from afar or she would have done so immediately), it was her own issues that led her to assume Gia was the mastermind, the same way she initially assumed the worst of Carrie in Mars vs. Mars. I don't think she's to blame for leaving the bug on- she had no way of knowing Cobb's neighbor was listening to that exact station, and Cobb would be able to hear Gia rat on him. That was just a quirk of fate. Ultimately, Cobb and Cobb alone is responsible for Gia's death. However, the way that she confronted Gia and assumed she herself was in no danger because Gia was clearly the mastermind...that has to do with her own assumptions of girls she doesn't particularly like, and it's very in keeping with her character.
I agree with you Cristofle It wasn't Veronica's fault at all. It just happened. At first I thought she was at the hospital but yesterday when I watched for the second time I realized that she had died.

Carrie didn't commit suicide, it was Cobb who murdered her.

Another random factors that I want to mention about the movie:

1 - Logan paid for Veronica's ticket from NY (not coach)
2 - The professor sitting next to Wallace when Veronica calls him to ask for DPugh record, is the same as the episode when Wallace works with Logan in the egg project.
3 - I loved that 80% of the scenes are with Logan and Veronica
4 - I want to know the name of the instrumental song when Veronica is dancing at Gia's after party
5 - Logan paid for a ticket just to receive Veronica pass security "TOTALLY WORTH IT" he said
6 - I was really sad that Sack died too
7 - Loved that it was Veronica the one who was drolling over Logan the entire movie. It kind of make amends for Veronica S3. I loved that she thought Logan was invited her out when He actually was going to show her Ruby's performance. And I said that because she kind of hesitated before saying yes.
8 - I was dying when watching the 'don't go' scene..... the excitment at first, Logan's surprise and then when they stop and realize and look at each other.... and in my opinion we had to imagine there was some action below the screen square when they were looking at each other that way. there had to be... she was only wearing a t-shirt and her knees were like below his ribs.

And I haven't seen Frozen yet. Though I liked the reference to Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the Hellmouth
And I know I have a lot more

Icon by:Hilery00

Last edited by vecastone; 03-17-2014 at 05:16 PM
Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStewart4President (View Post)
Because they were doing illegal drugs, lots of them. And so Luke wanting to go into politics, could have been over from that. Gia -- if she wanted to do something with her life, and given all the bad publicity she already had from her pedophile father. Though Carrie really wouldn't have worry as much about that, given that she was a pop/rock star and shtuff like illegal drugs, isn't going to ruin your career.

But they were probably still all feeling the effects of doing lots of drugs (after all, Dick was still passed out this entire time) so their judgement wasn't the best.
Yeah, the script made it explicit the kinds of drugs they had- E, blow, acid, etc. I wish they'd kept that in, because it probably would have made it clear the stakes that were involved, and how out of it they all must have been.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I have another one!!!!

9 -Loved when Logan asked Veronica, why he didn't mention she was dating Piz.
10- Is it me ... why Veronica's dad was sooo against Logan? is not like he had treated horrible his daughter. Don't understand that.
11 - I lovedddd that Veronica didn't hesitate for a second about Logan's innocence. It was about time Veronica.

Icon by:Hilery00
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
I have another one!!!!

10- Is it me ... why Veronica's dad was sooo against Logan? is not like he had treated horrible his daughter. Don't understand that.
well he was never a big fan of his to begin with but i think particularly for this movie, it was logan who was the thing keith saw as drawing Veronica back to Neptune and back into the PI life and Keith wants Veronica to have a normal, big-shot lawyer life in NY and not have to deal with Neptune crap anymore
Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Keith also seemed to think that Logan may have killed Carrie and he tells Veronica this in the office.

I agree with the statement the "epic" scene was a little cheesy for my tastes. But in general that scene between V and L was amazing!!!! when he puts on his hat and takes her picture...

I still am not sure about the possibility of a sequel (if we could get one). Im concerned that once again, when Logan and Veronica are actually DATING there will be no conflict or fire (for most people, i personally Loved them dating in season 3 but of course they HAD to break up to keep people interested).

For me alot of what made this movie interesting was seeing old characters, funny jokes and OF COURSE LoVe. Without these particular conflicts and points to hit, where could the story go? I have my own ideas, but I hate trusting directors with sequels because they always never work.

What would be cool is the continuation of the stuff that Keith had hit upon when Sacks was killed. Veronica helping to investigate, this being dangerous, Logan would be back from tour of duty (uninjured!!), them making their relationship work and him being his happier/maybe a BIT more mischievous self, and helping her....Mac helping her...etc.

I agree her commitment to Piz was small (GOOD!!), the stakes only FELT higher emotionally with him in the picture because it meant Veronica wasnt going to start making out with Logan the minute she saw him (even though she may have wanted to, indicated by her "you should only wear your uniform" comment) because she was still trying to make her "perfect" life in New York work and still thought it could. Plus she doesnt cheat.

P.S. I loved Ruby she was funny!!
I also feel bad for Luke and Gia actually

oh thank you all for explaining the boat/susan Knight thing, that was the only plot hole that REALLY bugged me

also, does anyone here feel like it DOESNT fit that Logan is in the army? I mean that it doesnt fit his character? im still not sure, though I think its interesting...it really just makes Logan seem like a very different person that he originally was. It changes his character A LOT, and makes the story sadder in certain ways ( his leaving, the indication of self sacrifice NOT THAT HE WILL DIE OF COURSE!!)

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-18-2014 at 12:30 AM
Old 03-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
I want to know the name of the instrumental song when Veronica is dancing at Gia's after party
Stick Up - Max Schneider (Veronica Mars) - YouTube
Old 03-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

So I had a thought about the movie (I loved it) but it showed Veronica in New York living the life she thought she was suppose to have. Instead of the life that she really wanted. The job, the guy, the city, the whole enchilada.

And than I realized something Veronica would always have come back to the PI life. Because Keith would have been killed in that car accident if Logan hadn't been there. And Veronica would have dropped everything in New York without a second thought to come back to Neptune. Find her father's killers and nail them to the wall.

Keith would have been in that accident no matter what. I don't think Sacks was meeting with him because of Logan. I think it was more because of Weevil and because Sacks had simply enough of the corruption. And without Logan there to pull Keith out of the car, the second time the truck swung around he would have died.

But that would have been a much darker story and it would have lost the Keith and Veronica relationship that people loved so much. This way Veronica gets to come to the choice herself to really follow her passion. Instead of it being forced upon her by someone she love being violently ripped from her. It brings a well known character from the show's past, to be the case that fans can connect with. It brings Logan back into Veronica's orbit. It's her embracing her destiny instead of running from it. Or worst becoming so consumed with anger and revenge she looses herself in a different way.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I'm not that bothered by the relationship hopping because it was pretty clear to me Veronica had little to no investment in the relationship even before she returned to Neptune (she's only now after almost a year meeting his co-workers/friends, she's never met his parents, etc)
I agree. Piz telling his co-worker that Veronica blames law school for not meeting his parents (& therefore co-workers too) told me that Veronica just didn't actually want to.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
The murder mystery was good but somehow the whole movie (especially after they mentioned Susan Knight being dead too) I thought the teacher from season 1 would be behind all of this and expected him to show up every second
OMG yes! That would have been so cool! I would have preferred that, brilliant idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle
I think more than leaving the bug on (which might not have been so easy to get rid of if the bug was planted in the flowers- I'm not exactly sure how that works, it doesn't seem like she can change the frequency from afar or she would have done so immediately), it was her own issues that led her to assume Gia was the mastermind, the same way she initially assumed the worst of Carrie in Mars vs. Mars. I don't think she's to blame for leaving the bug on- she had no way of knowing Cobb's neighbor was listening to that exact station, and Cobb would be able to hear Gia rat on him. That was just a quirk of fate. Ultimately, Cobb and Cobb alone is responsible for Gia's death. However, the way that she confronted Gia and assumed she herself was in no danger because Gia was clearly the mastermind...that has to do with her own assumptions of girls she doesn't particularly like, and it's very in keeping with her character.
That does make a lot of sense. Thanks for changing my mind. The only thing I still feel conflicted about is that V should know better by now than to visit a suspected murderer's house all by her lonesome self. Or not.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread