Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yep. Veronica has been away 9 years. 9 years of living the life she so always wanted: 9 years of peace and quiet.
But now She has realized the life that Logan has come to represent in her life is what fulfills her more: the danger, the adrenaline. Her words in her interview at the start of the movie seem to have been said almost longingly, like she missed danger.

Logan still deals with things head on, he follows his heart and his instincts (for instance, yelling at carrie in the video, fighting at the reunion, getting mad at sean in the reunion.) Veronica likes this. it pushes her buttons. turns her on so to speak, which is clearly does!. hehe

in Duncan's dream in season 2 (episode 6/7 ?), veronica is the bad girl and meg is the angel. this is not so far off as an assessment of Veronica's character. I think no matter what Duncan said when he left veronica, this part of her scared him.

It didnt scare piz this side of her but I also have the idea that he didnt "get" it and wanted her to be, when she became is GF, a normal girlfriend and then quit what he may have seen as just playing around. Prob because he doesnt know her past or understand her reasons for doing what she does. I think had he truly understood her he would have known she didnt come back to NYC to meet the parents because of Logan but because of her desire to solve the case. Hence he didnt get her.
Logan on the other hand came into season 1 episode 1 knowing exactly what veronica was capable of. He knows what shes up too. I think we can all agree that though he hated her, he was probably harbouring feelings of attraction for her. Prob since she started being this new Veronica, I can imagine it kind of excited him. He likes bad girls mostly (Cailin, Lilly, Carrie, Kendall etc). and we know he had a little crush on her when they were 12 but it was prob eclipsed by Lilly (who was more sexy than veronica in those days). But even though he had sworn himself her enemy, Veronica's transformation prob intrigued him in the back of his mind He spent WAY too much time noticing her and picking on her, even pointing her habits out to Duncan on numerous occasions (who of course doesnt care), at the lockers, on the bleachers etc. So ya, I think Logan was sexually attracted to this new bad ass chick but he was so angry at her that he repressed it and was meaner to her because of it (prob what made him worse to her was her rejection of him also in fighting back and being a bitch to him also).

Cherrios: I agree with this writer, but I would have to read how its said...could you find it?
I agree that Veronica needed to accept this darker side of herself. She is still judgmental of Logan's riskier behavior in season 3:but look at how risky she was/is ALL THE TIME!
I think V simply grew up and realized who she was, she finally had no illusions about what she wanted and who she was, and that held an element of darkness too it, the same thing that Logan has. When Keith said "there's some darkness in Logan" he is not noticing that it is also present in his daughter (but what father would?) thats why she works well with logan. they are both elementally the same person. like 2 halves. They even dress similarly for gods sake.

I think the Logan in season 2 was in such trouble that he was doing reckless and bad things which were violent and spiteful. His actions prob scared her and Veronica is still pretty sensible about a lot of things. I doubt she would stay with him if he did it all again as an adult.
Im not under the impression that she was afraid of her feelings for him, Im a fan of the idea that the feelings grew a lot stronger after their breakup at the beginning of season 2 and have only gotten stronger since then. but with going back to Duncan, she was maybe wanting to go back to something comfortable and safe,in the hopes of rekindling the normalcy that she had so wanted back for so long. remember how wistful she was in the pilot episode about her past.
Its all this that makes it such a compelling story.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

For me 9 years was like too much !! I know that RT at some point said they were going to be 6 years. I mean, how many years were they in College? I don't know how long does it take in the States to finish College, Veronica should have had her degree already right?

Don't know, it seems too much time for me.

Quote:
With Logan, I think she was hard on him because she wanted him to be perfect. Veronica at 19 was too young and immature to accept him for who he was yet and fully love him, she didnt even know what SHE wanted.
but I also think the Logan of the movie had grown into what she wanted him to be, what she NEEDED him to be for it to work. She needed to trust him fully. I think had he been more like he was when he was 19, they still would have worked, because I think Veronica was mature enough to realize she could trust him even though he makes mistakes (and lets face it, he still makes mistakes...with Carrie etc. and he is just as strong as he always was, and even better; taking care of his addict girlfriend, committing himself to a difficult and demanding career).

Remember: she came back to Neptune KNOWING he didnt kill Carrie, there was no doubt in her mind.
I agree that Veronica was immature and wanted Logan to be perfect but mostly she was selfish in S3. Therefore I'm quoting you below. But here's the thing, despite all that, she didn't have a doubt about Logan being innocent when she came back. How's that? She always, always, always, had second thoughts about Logan's behavior. Even when S3 ended, so we can assume she went through her life still believing he could behave 'bad' at some point. Then, when did she changed her mind? in those 9 years, did she learn the lesson to finally trust Logan? .

Quote:
Veronica HAS finally realized i felt in the movie that Logan is her special man. lol.
I didnt like the way KB played it in season 3, she felt detached from Logan, always blaming him for stuff, never happy with him, being cold and withdrawn. I HATE season 3 for this reason. it was so painful to watch her treat him like such **** after all they had been through, (and we as viewers also!)
Then, the other day I was watching some LoVe videos in the EPIC thread and it's amazing how Logan has changed from being a hesitant boy in front of Veronica to becoming a MAN with capital letters in front of Veronica. He had find his way in life in all those 9 years. You can even tell by the way he stands in front of her, his shoulders , everything. That only must have been scary for Veronica, not to have a hesitant boy in front of her that she could ignore or play with.

And I'm not saying that she was always mean but let's be honest, she was the one with more issues to face her feelings. He was always into their relationship, with the two feet.

Regarding this
Quote:
Logan on the other hand came into season 1 episode 1 knowing exactly what veronica was capable of. He knows what shes up too. I think we can all agree that though he hated her, he was probably harbouring feelings of attraction for her. Prob since she started being this new Veronica, I can imagine it ki
Do you know that thing everybody says when seeing two children (boy&girl) always fighting? that they like each other but don't know how to cope with those feelings , therefore they fight well.... for me Logan and Veronica had that in S1. Like you said, Logan thought Veronica was hot the moment he saw her when she was 12. But he really cared for her, they were all friends, despite being Lily's boyfriend he cared for her..So he really felt Veronica's betrayal so he began being Veronica's nightmare. Always picking on her and humiliating her in front of Duncan.

Cheerios The only extras in the DVD is the story of making the movie with the backers. Kickstarter and all that. I'm pretty sure if you do some googling you'll find it. The exact name is 'By the Fans:The making of the Veronica Mars movie'

Icon by:Hilery00
Old 06-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
For me 9 years was like too much !! I know that RT at some point said they were going to be 6 years. I mean, how many years were they in College? I don't know how long does it take in the States to finish College, Veronica should have had her degree already right?

well undergrad is 4 years (and since she transferred schools, it might have affected her time a bit if certain credits and such couldnt be transfer) and then another 3 - 4 years of law school.. and when the movie starts, she has been studying for the bar.. 9 years seems about right.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)

I think considering Veronica was doing law school and Logan his aviator training that they were both very busy with school or training. And them being apart that time worked because it showed that no matter what happen there was always a cosmic pull with them. I do think that Logan didn't stick around after the fight in the cafeteria because technically Veronica was still dating Piz and technically she told him to stay out of her life. I think Logan left to give her space and also to come to terms with who he was without her. They both had so much anger and issues to work out on their own. Without weighing each other down with all their problems. Some time apart did them some good, though I wish they had reconnected sooner. Though Logan has probably spent most of the last nine years on deployments and wasn't even in the country.

Quote:
I agree that Veronica was immature and wanted Logan to be perfect but mostly she was selfish in S3. Therefore I'm quoting you below. But here's the thing, despite all that, she didn't have a doubt about Logan being innocent when she came back. How's that? She always, always, always, had second thoughts about Logan's behavior. Even when S3 ended, so we can assume she went through her life still believing he could behave 'bad' at some point. Then, when did she changed her mind? in those 9 years, did she learn the lesson to finally trust Logan?
I think the show in season three was more from the CW input and that's why such a change in everybody. Keith having an affair with a married woman, how Veronica and Mac were written, the forced triangle, the invention of Piz who never really fit in the Neptune world. Veronica and Logan both have such huge issues from their own personal and shared drama. She didn't want to recognize the darkness in him was also in her, so she ran from that wanting to be normal. But I think going cold turkey with Logan and with Neptune didn't have the affect she was after. Being the perfect girl with the respectable life, respectable job, respectable man. And she was bored and unhappy with it all. And I think she craved the excitement, adrenaline, drama of fighting for justice and bringing down the bad guy. Logan is her other half, he can see through her, right to her core. Tell her things she doesn't want to hear or is avoiding. He accept her for who she is deep down and knows her better than anyone else. That can be a big pull for anyone, perhaps she felt guilty for always doubting him. Or perhaps she knew how he had gotten his life together and after Lily and Lynn there is no way in hell Logan could harm someone he loved.

Quote:
Then, the other day I was watching some LoVe videos in the EPIC thread and it's amazing how Logan has changed from being a hesitant boy in front of Veronica to becoming a MAN with capital letters in front of Veronica. He had find his way in life in all those 9 years. You can even tell by the way he stands in front of her, his shoulders , everything. That only must have been scary for Veronica, not to have a hesitant boy in front of her that she could ignore or play with.
Logan has grown into a strong, respectable, confident, man over those nine years.

Quote:
And I'm not saying that she was always mean but let's be honest, she was the one with more issues to face her feelings. He was always into their relationship, with the two feet.
I always found it interesting that Logan who was raised in an abusive, cold, and psychotic environment whose never really had a stable love. Is the one who always was in the relationship completely and had his heart wide open. While Veronica who at least had the constant of Keith and saw a somewhat healthy relationship with Keith and Lianne was the one who kept it all at arms length. With Duncan and Piz I think that was different. Because that wasn't the real Veronica, that was a mask she put on for the world. To be that girl she once had been, but not really. Lily and Logan always saw the real Veronica, the red satin marshmallow. With Logan is would have been real, their real selves completely bare for the other to see. To let pass all the walls of protection and that scared her to bits.

Quote:
Regarding this

Do you know that thing everybody says when seeing two children (boy&girl) always fighting? that they like each other but don't know how to cope with those feelings , therefore they fight well.... for me Logan and Veronica had that in S1. Like you said, Logan thought Veronica was hot the moment he saw her when she was 12. But he really cared for her, they were all friends, despite being Lily's boyfriend he cared for her..So he really felt Veronica's betrayal so he began being Veronica's nightmare. Always picking on her and humiliating her in front of Duncan.
Considering Logan's upbringing he saw the Kanes as family. I'm guessing one of the reasons the Echolls didn't live in LA or any other Hollywood town. They had friends in Neptune and also because there was so many times Logan could visit the ER with "accidents" before people got suspicious. Aaron was probably away a lot making films. But when he was home, Logan probably spent as much time at the Kanes place as possible to hide from Aaron. Logan feels things strongly so he saw what Keith and Veronica did as a major betrayal. And he couldn't forgive that easily. Plus how he felt about Veronica telling Lily about his drunken kiss with Yolanda. Which led to their breakup and Lily being alone that day. Though I think Lily's affairs with Weevil and then with Aaron might have happen during dating Logan. That always annoyed me about Lily, she was free to flit around to other guys. But Logan has a drunken kiss with someone and she goes after the girl and breaks up with Logan. Logan who was already filled with demons because of his family was fueled to the extremes when Lily was murdered. And that anger had to go somewhere. Veronica was easy target for all his rage. But she gave as good as she got. I think Logan and Veronica even when they were enemies respected each other. Because they were equals and they gave tit for tat. Really one of the few people who could give either of them a run for their money was Weevil.

Quote:
Cheerios The only extras in the DVD is the story of making the movie with the backers. Kickstarter and all that. I'm pretty sure if you do some googling you'll find it. The exact name is 'By the Fans:The making of the Veronica Mars movie'
Thanks, I love special features. They are one of my must haves when buying a movie or series. Though it does bother me when they put all the special features on the blu-ray discs. My blu-ray player is in need of updating and not everyone owns one so it's not fair to others. I'm not talking VM, I'm talking all medias in general.

Quote:
Cherrios: I agree with this writer, but I would have to read how its said...could you find it?
This is one of the fanfiction I was talking about and it's a really good read. I can't wait until they put the next chapter up.

Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own

It's called Email Confessions. And it's the emails sent between Veronica and Logan during his deployment. They get more in depth than how they talked about the email in the books. But I prefer this better, it has Veronica and Logan doing one of those many questions things to fill in what happen over those nine years. And some of them are really light and some of them get really in depth of what went down between them. That always bother me about the book. Veronica and Logan have never been strong on communication. And now he's gone for six months on deployment and all they can do is talk through email. And I wanted to see more of that so badly in the book. Not just for the LoVe factor. But because it would have filled in a lot of the nine years for us as well.

Since this thread is coming to a close, what would be a good title for the new one?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

i think being away from Logan for 9 years prob give Veronica some time to reflect on how things happened, maybe to appreciate his loyalty and good qualities in such a way that when he was in trouble, she was no longer afraid to see him again because she knew she HAD to help him. Because ya, I think its implied in the movie that Veronica was afraid to see him again. Hence she never called, never wrote, avoided him altogether except for the occasional glance at the tabloids and news through the grapevine to see that he "got his life together".

what confused me was why her friends all thought she was going to fall back into Logans arms by seeing him again. this bugged me becuase in real life no friends or family are ever that astute when it comes to how their friends feel about the ex BF they havnt seen in 9 years. Veronica doesnt talk about her feelings, I find it hard to believe she was gushing on the phone about logan over these past few years to any of the people in her life (Mac, Wallace and her dad) in such a way that they would KNOW she still had feelings for Logan. Thats why to me it was sloppy writing, the kind of thing you find in poorly written romance novels. its a clumsy way of saying what they should be showing.I was actually sad that RT didnt get some help from John Enbom (my fave VM writer) for this movie.

as for Logan being abused. I think the fact that someone is abused doesnt always make them close them from being trusting or wearing their heart on their sleeve. If its in that persons nature they can be that way. but it can make that person sometimes more likely to allow themselves to be abused again by their partner.
but I think Aaron was away a lot on set, so Logan prob got time away to be safe from his dad.
And what about trina, why did she not know Aarons true darker nature, was she just that dumb? did she go away a lot? boarding school for a couple years? (But we know she went to Logans high school for at least 1 year). Why did aaron adopt her? Do she and Logan ever talk?

another movie mistake: the book is set in the spring 2 months after the movie. But Logan is wearing his summer naval uniform, the dark one is work in winter! the time therefore doesnt match. He should be wearing navy blue uniform for winter. ( i think, unless if you are in a warm climate you can wear the whites?)

Hey Cherrios!! thanks for the link!!! its interesting what you said about lilly dying unleashing the bain Logan and the rae being directed at Veronica. For some reason, she above all else got the worst of it it seemed (or maybe we only think that because we see all from her eyes...Logan seemed to piss off alot of people, hence the "rosmary's baby, the teen years" comment in season 2.)

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 06-22-2014 at 09:09 AM
Old 06-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
i think being away from Logan for 9 years prob give Veronica some time to reflect on how things happened, maybe to appreciate his loyalty and good qualities in such a way that when he was in trouble, she was no longer afraid to see him again because she knew she HAD to help him. Because ya, I think its implied in the movie that Veronica was afraid to see him again. Hence she never called, never wrote, avoided him altogether except for the occasional glance at the tabloids and news through the grapevine to see that he "got his life together".
Veronica was always running from the darkness within herself. And Logan being her equal mirror all those qualities that they shared. She needed to get away to really find where the real her was and what it wanted out of life. And that's working a case as a PI, getting the bad guy, and being with Logan.

I think on some level Veronica knew that Logan was one of her biggest weakness. And that if she got around him again she would sway from her path of being the good girl Veronica that she had set out on after what happen to Keith.

Quote:
what confused me was why her friends all thought she was going to fall back into Logans arms by seeing him again. this bugged me becuase in real life no friends or family are ever that astute when it comes to how their friends feel about the ex BF they havnt seen in 9 years. Veronica doesnt talk about her feelings, I find it hard to believe she was gushing on the phone about logan over these past few years to any of the people in her life (Mac, Wallace and her dad) in such a way that they would KNOW she still had feelings for Logan. Thats why to me it was sloppy writing, the kind of thing you find in poorly written romance novels. its a clumsy way of saying what they should be showing.I was actually sad that RT didnt get some help from John Enbom (my fave VM writer) for this movie.
I think is because Wallace, Mac, and Keith have all had front row seats to the epic story that is LoVe. They have seen the hold these two have over each other, the cosmic pull between them. They saw them be enemies and put bongs in lockers and smashed head lights. They saw them be lovers and the several fights and problems that took them down. They saw them try to be friends and the disaster of that. And then they saw the parting of ways and how it affected each of them. I doubt Mac, Wallace, and Keith stayed in touch with Logan after Veronica left town. But probably saw what he got up to, it's a small town after all. I'm guessing Mac was the warmest to Logan and it was probably through her that Veronica found out he joined the Navy.

And I think her love ones know that Veronica is strong, but that Logan and her do have this strong affect on her. And they want to protect her from herself. But in a way they kinda didn't want to respect her feelings in the matter. Her person is Logan, always has been, always will be. I think he knew it back when they were seventeen, it just took her this long to catch up. I think it's gonna take them some time to accept that being a PI and being with Logan is where Veronica's heart lies. Not working some corporate big shot lawyer job with a nice but boring relationship. They shouldn't want to force her into anything she's not in love with a hundred percent.

Quote:
as for Logan being abused. I think the fact that someone is abused doesnt always make them close them from being trusting or wearing their heart on their sleeve. If its in that persons nature they can be that way. but it can make that person sometimes more likely to allow themselves to be abused again by their partner.
but I think Aaron was away a lot on set, so Logan prob got time away to be safe from his dad.
And what about trina, why did she not know Aarons true darker nature, was she just that dumb? did she go away a lot? boarding school for a couple years? (But we know she went to Logans high school for at least 1 year). Why did aaron adopt her? Do she and Logan ever talk?
I guess stereotypicaly characters in Logan position usually keep real relationships at arm's length. But I like that they didn't do that with Logan, he's gone through so much pain. But he's willing to risk it all for something real.

I think with Trina, she is from Aaron's first marriage. His first wife and him probably adopted her because they wanted a child. And Aaron didn't hurt her because she was a girl. I also think he wasn't married to her mother too long, since Trina isn't that much older than Logan. I think Trina lived with her mother for most of Logan's life. I'm sure her mother knew the real Aaron and wanted to keep Trina far away from all that. Plus Aaron was probably away a lot doing films, so she didn't see his true nature. Trina probably only saw Aaron a few times a year and during that time he probably spoiled her rotten. So she never really saw Aaron in the light that Logan did.

Quote:
another movie mistake: the book is set in the spring 2 months after the movie. But Logan is wearing his summer naval uniform, the dark one is work in winter! the time therefore doesnt match. He should be wearing navy blue uniform for winter. ( i think, unless if you are in a warm climate you can wear the whites?)
That's a great catch, didn't even notice that. I guess that was fudging on RT part to get the story to fit the timeline he had in his head.

Quote:
Hey Cherrios!! thanks for the link!!! its interesting what you said about lilly dying unleashing the bain Logan and the rae being directed at Veronica. For some reason, she above all else got the worst of it it seemed (or maybe we only think that because we see all from her eyes...Logan seemed to piss off alot of people, hence the "rosmary's baby, the teen years" comment in season 2.)
Your welcome

Yeah both Logan and Veronica have prickly personalities that doesn't exactly bring in a lot of people. I think Logan probably blends in with the 09 decently well now after all this time. But I think he doesn't really want to be part of that world anymore. All the drugs and selfishness isn't really him and I doubt any of them got him joining the Navy. So when the next book comes out it would be nice to see Logan have some Navy friends that he gets on with beside just Dick.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread