Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlephrat (View Post)
That was posted back in Dec 06 so I wouldn't rely on it, as others have said unless she used S7 as a 'dream' season and it didn't really happen (like on Roseanne) then she has to watch it, it's on DVD so someone send her a copy!

Maybe we could all send her a copy with "Look how you screwed things up for the fans" on the cover
Old 03-21-2008, 01:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I have heard that ASP has watched Season 7. I know for a long time she didn't, but I heard on one of the forums or threads I go to (I'm not sure which one) but that she was not happy at all the way things were left at the end of Season 7. It was no surprise to me. Not too many people were satisfied, so I would think she would be just as horrified as the rest of us since it was her baby.
well if she did watch it and wasn't at all happy with the end maybe that will push her enough to make a movie like you said its her baby,her first and the one who put her on the map.so I guess she MUST be horrified maybe that will actually convince her to go foward with the project.

I wish she does because I wasn't satisfied with the end at all either.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I agree L4E. If she had watched from Season 7 earlier she would have vocalized her disdain of her baby. i remember her stating that she would not watch season 7 for she didn't want to see how they mucked it up.

Wasn't there a separate movie deal in the works for ASP, other than GG? I heard mutterings. If that fell through then there's a great chance she's working on a GG movie, and I suspect she's had notes all along for a movie -- possibly for extension of seasons for GG way back when -- might not take very long to compile a script from those notes.

And why do people insist on making this a deep dark secret? If there is interest, why not tell the masses so that we can continue to get excited for it?
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I read somewhere also that she didn't watch season seven at all. But in order to have somewhat of a back story, (Rory breaking up with Logan, her job) Lorelai marriage/divorce and status with Luke) she would have to at the very least skim through it.

She can't just ignore the elephants in the room and make a movie that doesn't address season seven at all.

And Deborah I also heard that she had something else maybe going on, (a movie with Sarah Jessica Parker) I believe.

Elissa and Razzle hee on the dream, I totally remember the Bobby Ewing thing on Dallas.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm thinking ASP is definitely living out her GG dreams through ROJJ and badly. I haven't watched any of it until tonight but holy hell did that "brochure" conversation mirror the oven manual conversation...
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I've only read the reviews and seen clips here and there. I refuse to see another ASP anything until she gives me a GG movie -- or somehow, someway, give L/L the ending that we've been waiting for for over 8 years.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

You know, it's not because of ASP that I'm not watching TROJJ, it just doesn't look funny and it really looks like PP is trying too hard.

Just because quirky and witty dialogue works on one show does not mean it will work on another.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm only *coughing* TROJJ to mock it

Quote:
did that "brochure" conversation mirror the oven manual conversation
Can't wait!

Maybe Amy will do a Roseanne and make the final season just a big dream, Lorelai got hit by Taylor in his Thunderbird on the way home after the fight in the street, so no Chris and no Paris.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Now wouldn't that be something Lancer?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Lancer - Wasn't ASP a writer for Roseanne many moons ago? That scenario would work for me too!

Lulu - I remember watching "Dallas" and seeing that scene when Pam comes out of her shower, and Bobby is alive!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa5 (View Post)
Lancer - Wasn't ASP a writer for Roseanne many moons ago? That scenario would work for me too!

Lulu - I remember watching "Dallas" and seeing that scene when Pam comes out of her shower, and Bobby is alive!
I thought it was her lapdog. I mean, husband?

Hey he was also a writer for Who's The Boss. Look how crappy they ended that.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu1960 (View Post)
Now wouldn't that be something Lancer?
Well when I said dream I meant coma, or is that over used

ETA
Quote:
Where do you think I came up with that idea (not just me others had the same idea even before S7 started)
Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Razzle - Poor Dan. I think Dan Palladino was never given enough credit. He wrote so many of the best episodes of GG - including LWFTWT! I always thought they were pretty much a team effort even though Dan let Amy get most of the credit and attention - much the way Luke would always let Lorelai be the one that shone. And from what I heard, he was the one who originally saw the chemistry between Scott and Lauren. Amy thought that Chris would be the one Lorelai ended up with until Dan convinced her otherwise.

Lancer - Well, wherever the idea came from, I really really like it!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think that Dan doesn't get as much credit as he deserves either. Anyone who can give me LWFTWT and Dead Uncles and Vegetables is okay in my book, plus he co-wrote a lot of episodes with ASP. He is alot like Luke in that he's more a background person.

I think and I hope if they do do a GG movie that Dan is equally in the writing process, I think it would be a good balance.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I always thought Dan was L&Ls cheerleader.

But I'm still mad at him about WTB?