Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by currienc (View Post)
So here's my question for those of you who are holding out hope for a Gilmore Girls reunion movie, mini-series, whatever. Let's say that everything goes according to plan, ASP gets the greenlight from Warner Brothers or Fox or wherever, all of the cast members sign on, etc., and it's a go. What do you think Amy will do? Her remarks to Ausiello in the interview that sparked all this speculation were that she wanted to "tie up loose ends" - but she also said in the same interview that she had not watched any of Season 7. So exactly what loose ends is she planning to "tie up"? My impression is that most fans who are dying for a sequel are assuming that there will be a Luke & Lorelai reconciliation/marriage/closure scenario, but what makes you think ASP is planning that at all? She didn't seem to interested in that relationship in Season 6? Do you honestly think that's what we'll get?

Not trying to be a b-*-*-*-* here - really. I'd just love to know what your expectations are for this project.
I know what you mean, even with the kiss it still left a lot of room to move for S8 (which will never happen now) or a TV Movie, much more than she gave DSR.

I'm thinking it might be L&L together already married so they can focus on other things, maybe Rory coming back to town after working away from home for the last couple of years, maybe with a new boyfriend. April could come back to visit at the same time and to have some L&L story maybe they had been trying to have a baby but are getting no where because of their age then in the end we find out Lorelai is pregnant. But this is not the focus of the movie.

So this was Amy avoids a wedding, but we could have pictures and of course we know they are married, she avoids a pregnant Lorelai and Lauren doesn't have to wear a fat suit. Over all it could be played a just another day in Stars Hollow with a party or something for Rory returning? So we get a bit for everyone maybe even Chris on the phone to Rory?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Although I love a lot of what Deborah and Lancer have said, what she does really depends how much time she has as far as movie, miniseries, miniseason, or full season (this is the complete Utopia - but it can't hurt to shoot for the moon!

Assuming that we get what I think a 6-8 hour movie. I think it will concentrate on Luke and Lorelai and the SH townspeople. I'm assuming that AB will only be a minor character, as I doubt she will want to put the time and effort into being more. But I believe we will have to have the season/story begin after that kiss or within a few days of that. I think most likely, the miniseries/miniseason will cover a span of years like the Season Finales of "Will & Grace" and "Mad About You." The Palladinos will have more time than just one or two 1/2 hour episodes so the time span will be less choppy. And in the end, Luke and Lorelai will have the life we all wish for them.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really hope it revolves around a townie event. Not necessarily a wedding but something to showcase the folks.

I'd also like the boat/boat trip mentioned. They let that ball drop after talking about it in like 3 or 4 episodes so it was of significance.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

That's what I was thinking too lulu. It's unlikely ASP would go back and rewrite Season 7, and there really weren't many loose ends left. The main storylines were wrapped up - L&L were together, and Rory was graduated from Yale.

If ASP comes back on top of her game, there wouldn't be anything so cliche as Luke and Lorelai's wedding, or Lorelai being pregnant - even though that's what we'd love to see. I could see her skipping forward in time, and following up on DR's idea of having Emily involved with a spa at the DFI. That kind of family drama/comedy would be right up ASP's alley, and it could still incorporate life in a quirky small town - all the components that made the show what it was.

Rory's storyline could go anywhere, and hopefully ASP would make it more interesting than it was in S7.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
SPA
Master Fan

There are an awful lot of people waiting just for that -- Luke and Lorelai's wedding. If ASP has her game face on and doesn't address that -- I don't think the masses will be the least bit happy about it -- and would probably not trust her on any of her future works.

If there's a 4 to 6 hr. mini-series, as Elissa proposes, there's time for "the" wedding as for all the other things.

If it's just at 2 hr. movie, then it will be more of a challenge for ASP.

I still say the sooner the better -- I'm surprised we are not getting any comments from ASP by now about "JJ" -- maybe it's a little early, but her history in the past is to give people her opinion almost immediately. Would be interesting if the next week or two she tells of her future plans.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I know a lot of people are waiting and hoping for something like Luke and Lorelai's wedding, but catering to the fans has never been ASP's MO. Her vision has always been her own with no input from the fans, and she's not likely to start catering to us now. I think the closest nod we'd get from her would be to bring back L&L already married.

At any rate, she's not likely to pick up right where DR left off. She, herself, tended to skip ahead and drop things we thought warranted explanation, so I doubt she'd revisit the kiss and give us any heartfelt discussions about past mistakes. The same with the boat trip - April couldn't go, that would be explanation enough. To me, it makes more sense to skip ahead.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus it would feel weird if they picked up where they were like 1-2-3 years had not passed in real time.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I've gotta agree with Damsel. I sincerely doubt ASP is going to have a possible GG movie be about Luke and Lorelai's wedding. And to honest, as much as I would have loved, LOVED, to have seen that, it just isn't what I would like in a 2 hour tv movie. I want it to be like a fresh episode of the show except with a general underlying theme for the movie. I love love it if it would be set in the future, or at least mirroring the time that has passed in real time, and let us see where everyone are at this time in their life. I want to see Lorelai and her parents close and accepting of each other but still have the lovable snark and bite between them. Let Rory be the succesful journalist with a job at some major news outlet and happy in her life. Basically I would just like to see a lot of Stars Hollow and Gilmore madness.

Last edited by Wheredidtheanvilsgo?; 03-26-2008 at 02:02 PM
Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, guys, how are you all?

Just a question, for anybody. Is there a real chance of a GG return? (any kind of return?). Or we are just dreaming an impossible dream? I'm still so sad because of that 7th season. That was awful, really, so completelly depressing. I want a return so badly.

JMO
Old 03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damsel, I don't think Amy would give us a wedding either, even if I'd like to see it. I was actually thinking about this today while working (not always wise when working machinery) I was thinking a celebration of the fifth anniversary of the opening of the Dragonfly. This May it will be 4 yrs. (since it would have been season 8), wouldn't that be cool? And instead of Luke saying "Will you just stand still?" He could say "Will you just stand still and marry me?"

And Flying Cat this is all just speculation going by something Amy said about maybe a movie a couple years down the road. But it could have been her just putting a spin on things.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Many of you are saying that Amy never gave the fans what they wanted, but most of the fans wanted Luke and Lorelai together, and she did make that happen!

I do think we are going to get at least a partial wedding. I don't think she could get away with not having some of Luke and Lorelai's wedding! They gave us Sookie & Jackson's wedding, Liz & TJ's wedding, Lane & Zach's wedding, I think they were just precursors for the wedding everyone really wanted to see and the Palladinos knew that very well!

Except for the great episode it was and seeing Luke and Lorelai dance, I really did not need to see Liz & TJ married! I mean, REALLY, who the ---- cares?

I think the Palladinos were very conscious of what everyone wanted and they teased everyone, but in the end, I think they had every intention of giving people what they wanted, until they just got b-tchy when they didn't get their way. Their egos got a little too enormous.

It was the network's fault too, but I think everyone involved regrets and will regret forever the way the last two years were played out.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lulu I like the DFI anniversary idea but I think they would be married already, maybe they go to toast it and Lorelai can't and then spills she's pregnant (Luke already knows) so the town finds out?

FlyingCat I think there is still a change for a movie of 2 part miniseries and it's un to the actors to get together at the same time to do it.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I will always believe that Amy's idea of giving us L&L's wedding happened in S6, from the S'mores wedding cake in The Ungraduate to that travesty of a wedding gown in The Perfect Dress. All the over-the-top details she put together through that - the tacky cake with the marshmallow bride and groom, the duck sausage rolls, the rose-covered church with the carousel out back, the girly invitations, a pastor nobody's heard of, and a dress the likes of which Lorelai probably wouldn't be seen dead in - yelled "this is all you're getting!", to me.

I'd be happy with a really good 2 hour episode of the show as we remember it - as anvils said, a lot of Stars Hollow and Gilmore madness. Something fun.

I can start the next thread, if that's ok with everyone.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by damselfly (View Post)
I'd be happy with a really good 2 hour episode of the show as we remember it - as anvils said, a lot of Stars Hollow and Gilmore madness. Something fun.

I can start the next thread, if that's ok with everyone.
I agree with Damselfly and Anvils - I just want a good episode, to see the townies again, to see the Luke and Lorelai of the good ol' days. Maybe it's L/L's first or fifth or whatever wedding anniversary and we can have a couple of flashbacks or pictures at least. If not, any festival will do that leaves us with the fun feeling Stars Hollow used to provide and the knowledge that L/L are together and happy.

Damselfly, it's ok with me if you start the new thread!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:37 PM
SPA
Master Fan

It looks like no matter what ASP puts together, it's not going to please everybody. Looks like more controversy in the future.
I'm always in Scott's corner.