Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutscott (View Post)
My husband would look at me like I had 2 heads if I asked him. So we will make it a girls trip!
That would be great! The more the merrier!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I had the best time when I met up with other GGers. Taking a tour together when the only people on the tram were us was fantastic. The guide tried to stump us with trivia, he couldn't LOL.

Michelle and Elissa you would have loved it.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

This interview with Scott Cohen just popped up:

Quote:
I have to ask: Any chance of a Gilmore Girls or a Tenth Kingdom movie?
They talked about a Tenth Kingdom movie years ago, but they couldn’t figure out how to get it done. That was a shame, I thought. I've heard talk through the press that there’ve been conversations about a Gilmore Girls one. [Series creator] Amy Sherman-Palladino's coming to the play this week, so I’ll probably bring it up with her.
Hopefully there'll be another interview so he can tell us what she says. If there is a movie, I wonder if he expects to be in it.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting that damselfy. It will be interesting to see if anything materializes. I personally think it's the only thing AS-P has to sell to Hollywood at the moment.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks damselfy

So what are the chances Max could come back, maybe something to do with Rory as her boss or mentor?

Amy wouldn't use Max to do a Chris and try to break up Luke and Lorelai would she?

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-20-2008 at 05:21 PM
Old 03-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks damselfly, that would be awesome. I like that it's out there floating around where even people in the business are hearing things.

Now that would be a blast from the past having Max in a GG movie, heck throw in Alex and Jason and Nicole and Rachel, maybe a flashback scene where Luke and Lorelai are thinking about all the people that came before they finally got it right.

I agree Looney, I'm thinking ASP doesn't have many fish left to fry.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Total Fan

Thanks damselfy... That is very interesting. I would not think that Max would have a role in a GG movie but you never know. I just hope it would not be to break up L/L. That would really stink.

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think ASP has much up her sleeve either, especially after counting all the GG crossovers in Jezebel James last Friday - she's looking like a one-hit wonder. Not counting the Lorelai lookalike, 2 girls who talk very fast (albeit it poorly), and 'half' the Gilmore Girls cast... there was:

The diner, and the surly diner owner
April doppleganger
Children's book editor
Army jacket
Grant Lee Phillips singing
Hello Kitty
Ava Gardner
"Do you smell toast"
Menus in the kitchen (common, but still, it was a Lorelai thing)

At least looking for things helped pass the time.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, the first two eps were loaded with references damselfly. She brought nothing original to the table. She has employed the same numerology and color references. Purple, orange etc. Oh, and the scene where Sarah shows Coco the post-it's [which were mentioned a lot in GG] where she had "Lorelai'd" the neighborhood to compile a top 10 of the best places to eat. I wonder if AS-P was simply hoping we would latch onto that and discuss all the similarities? We will but I don't think in the context she hoped.

I went to the taping of Ep 3 which airs on Fri
Spoiler:

Last edited by Looney6; 03-20-2008 at 06:23 PM
Old 03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sad that ASP thinks it necessary to perhaps 'try to hard'. If she wanted to do a GG clone maybe she should have just stayed with the original. Oh well.

Looney looked under your spoiler and just got to say that's plain sad (and not in the tears kind of way)
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney6 (View Post)
Yeah, the first two eps were loaded with references damselfly. She brought nothing original to the table. She has employed the same numerology and color references. Purple, orange etc. Oh, and the scene where Sarah shows Coco the post-it's [which were mentioned a lot in GG] where she had "Lorelai'd" the neighborhood to compile a top 10 of the best places to eat. I wonder if AS-P was simply hoping we would latch onto that and discuss all the similarities? We will but I don't think in the context she hoped.

I went to the taping of Ep 3 which airs on Fri
Spoiler:
OMG I love it! (ETA - the spoiler not the show.)

I do agree Amy seemed to recycle a lot of the Gilmore stuff, no this would have would if this was a spin-off with some of the original cast. Maybe if it was a story of Rory leaving for her new job?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, It was kind of a bummer lulu. Plus there is the diner from the Pilot which was already mentioned and Coco sports a coat much like Luke's army jkt.

ETA

I don't know lancer, it feels like it's a warped version of GG instead. To me Sarah is a lot like Emily.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Thanks damselfy

So what are the chances Max could come back, maybe something to do with Rory as her boss or mentor?

Amy wouldn't use Max to do a Chris and try to break up Luke and Lorelai would she?
I don't think so because they didn't have that much of a tie. I mean they had amazing chemistry, no doubt, I think it rivaled Chris and Lorelai's by far, but never Luke and Lorelai's (and I'm not saying that because I'm bias). It was just so different.

Anyway thanks for bring that over, damsel.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well given what Amy did to the show in S6 I wouldn't put anything past her

Maybe the flash back's would be a good idea, bring back all the guys and girls from their combined pasts.

Maybe Amy is just supporting Scott or needs to give him the bad news about ROJJ in person?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Well given what Amy did to the show in S6 I wouldn't put anything past her

Maybe the flash back's would be a good idea, bring back all the guys and girls from their combined pasts.

Maybe Amy is just supporting Scott or needs to give him the bad news about ROJJ in person?
hah I was so confused for a second, I thought you meant SP not SC!
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!