Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm just not that much of a reader and when I see the size of the Harry Potter books well it doesn't make me want to read them. Plus I may have a memory regarding one from summer school. In general I just haven't been able to bring myself to read one of those books. Generally speaking though I'm more a visual person. Words don't keep my interest as long and usually I go for easier and quick moving books. Plus I'll be honest, if I can get done reading it within 3-7 days I'm probably not going to finish reading it. When I feel the need to read a book that desire only seems to last that long. Maybe I have a special version of ADD or ADHD.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Big books actually make me more inclined to read them. If the content seems good. Unfortunately the cover often doesn't really tell if the book itself is any good. And that's my current problem. I need a new book but have no clue what to buy.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 04-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel the same way Ashu lol the book covers never seem to convince me to read them. The Hunger Games is the new crave but god the book cover looks boring lol
Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

The covers of the Hunger Games are pretty bad.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andu (View Post)
Big books actually make me more inclined to read them. If the content seems good. Unfortunately the cover often doesn't really tell if the book itself is any good. And that's my current problem. I need a new book but have no clue what to buy.
I'm the same that way. If I think a book is good I want it to last, so the longer the better.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli5 (View Post)
The covers of the Hunger Games are pretty bad.
I still can't find neither a pdf file or the books at my library.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

I thought you said you got the first one? I bought book 2 & 3 on my kindle. I have no idea what the second book cover looks like.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

actually you're right I did find book 1. I just haven't read it yet. Waiting to find book 2 and 3.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

Gonna get some stuff for iBooks soon and test that out on the iPad. Should be interesting. It's quite cool to use for most things so far.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to whore myself out. My itouch died on me as soon as I got my new laptop. I need to get an IPad. Itouch was to small any ways lol

LOL @ the thought of S9 of OTH
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

iPod touch is great but the iPad is practically a computer in most ways and so handy. The only thing I dislike about apple products is iTunes, the software is just clunky and annoying to use.

s9 of OTH is a silly idea. Is it happening?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

My parents are getting me a graduation present and I'm crossing my fingers that it's an IPad.

OTH getting a S9 would be so hilarious. Like really hilarious. Especially if more "core" characters leave. OTH has already turned into Cyborg OTH 2.0 so it will be even funnier if it gets a season 10 and turns into Jamie and Friends: War on the Fisher Price Basketball Court Or if Jamie gets old enough (i don't know how old that kid is anymore lol) they could turn him into the d-bag that his daddy was in high school
Old 04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Itunes is always upgrading too. STFD and let me get to know a new software before you guys go and make another one. M'Kay?

My twitter followers must think I'm insane, horny and a drugged out alcoholic who loves wrestling

Sophia and Austin signed on and I think the folks playing NuLP signed on for 3 yrs when OldLP left.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Saw the tweet from Chad about maybe coming back too. Funny to think Hilarie seems to be the only one able to get away from the show.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Hm I think I'd prefer to go Kindle + Laptop or Laptop + Kindle + one of those nifty new tabs from Samsung, Sony or maybe Lenovo. The Samsung and Sony ones mostly because they can be tied in with other consumer electronic products by them although I guess they provide an app for that so you aren't limited to their hardware.

Hm Kindle needs a coloured screen IMHO but it is better for reading than a tab. 1) It's easier on the eyes for long reading sessions 2) It has a battery that lasts for a month or more.
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Closed Thread   Post New Thread