Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

10 days damn? Catch any fishes yet?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Did a lady's hand from the lake give you sword yet?
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Old 04-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1984 (View Post)
Haven't seen it yet. I'm in the lakes for 10 days, so I'm stuck on 3G internet for a bit and can't really watch the episodes.
You didn't warn me about this. I'm guessing this will slow down the PMing process some. Or will it speed it up? You need to warn me about this kind of stuff.

In general though that Bones episode was just weird. It didn't really seem like a Bones episode. It was interesting, but it wasn't a Bones episode beyond the point that the main cast members were there for what seemed like far less than half of the episode.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats what happens to backdoor pilots. Just look at LP's wedding episode.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

It couldn't be any more true. We all know how that turned out. You always know how to spin stuff Lena, still don't know how though.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

I thought the NCIS:LA introduction was handled rather well. They made the connection Gibbs and Callen strong so that it meshed well and didn't lose the flow. Besides Gibbs and McGee were well incorporated into the setup. I don't remember it that well any more but I think NCIS' back door pilot in JAG was also pretty good. They have a hand for these kinds of things.

I think this episode of Bones would have worked better if either Booth and/or Brennan would have gone along with that other team. I guess it would have been best if Brennan went with them because Booth as FBI agent would have been a problem for their process.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jag was so booooooooooooooooring. I can't believe the same people that did JAG does NCIS/LA.

Law and Order franchises don't really do backdoor pilots. The only person that was on original L/O before SVU was Munch and he's really an LA Law original.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

JAG really was awful, but it was just a show from the 90's that really didn't have the glamour of current shows. NCIS just had such the better cast, with a lot better charisma. That's why it has already outlasted what JAG ever did. We are talking about a decade that also had shows like Airwolf .

Beth, it shouldn't make much difference to PM's and such. I'll still have time and a connection. It's even pretty fast. I just have a bandwidth limit on it, so I can't be dealing with big downloads till I get back home.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Paul did you watch the last episode of BGT? In case you haven't I got you the vid for your new favourite rendition of Run

But he can sing. He actually hit the notes unlike many "proper" singers when he didn't mess about too much.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Paul, it actually seems like maybe the bandwidth limit might be working in my favor. I was about to say, that connection isn't that slow. I'm working with about the same if not a little bit more at the time being. Although somehow I went over 'soft' limit for the month. Now the loading speeds are just a little slower though.

Who actually watched JAG? Sometimes I'll watch a NCIS or Law and Order show, but that's when I'm trying to fill in a hole in my tv schedule and usually on a temporary basis. Of course if perhaps someone had told me that the guy from Dark Angel was on NCIS I would of found a way to add it my regular tv viewing schedule years ago. That just goes to prove to show that you can get me to watch just about any decent show with the right kind of theme if it has the right eye candy. It's not like enough people didn't know that already though.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

I used to watch JAG and since it lasted 10 years I'm assuming that quite a few people must have watched it too.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm... that's strange I don't remember catching anyone around here watching it. I would of thought someone would of watched it even for one episode around here if it, JAG, was on for that many seasons. Considering that it started around the time I was in 5th or 6th grade though, just looked it up on imdb, I guess that explains why I never watched it. I was probably too busy watching other shows that my parents approved of, and some that they probably still don't realize that I use to watch.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jag was that show I ignored every time it was on. I was happy when USA stopped airing it LOL They use to have insane Jag marathons but I think SVU has basically trumped it once it became a USA fav as well as House and NCIS.

I still haven't watched the new Harry Potter.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

SVU, House, and NCIS are shows that I can watch and kind of stay interested in when I do watch them. As some may know House isn't exactly the greatest show for someone like me to watch. It just depends on how gory and what not they're going to be and what kind of things I could possibly distract myself with when they do those kinds of scenes.

I don't keep up on all things Harry Potter, but as I've come to find out my niece is into Harry Potter. She's reading the fifth book for a book report for school. She's only about ten and yet she braves reading books that size of scares me half to death. Seriously though those books are long. Just to note I have seen some of the Harry Potter movies on tv. Shh... don't tell my RL friends. The movies that I have seen were good and I would be willing to watch them again on my own terms.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The HP books are huge but I don't think they are War and Peace type literature JK Rollings has a great imagination though. I think Stephanie Meyers took an easy route with the vampire stuff but when I read the books they seem similar in style of writing its just JK is a better writer in terms of story telling. At the end of the day both series has made teenagers think reading is kewl lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread