Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was wondering why the WYSIWYG editor option is not available? (to my knowledge it's standard with Vbulletin) It is mentioned in the user CP but the only choices in the drop down menu are the basic editor and the simple editor. I really miss having the WYSIWYG option because I like seeing how my posts will look when they're posted. (it's a whole lot faster than having to click on preview every time I post)
Old 02-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgirl30 (View Post)
I was wondering why the WYSIWYG editor option is not available? (to my knowledge it's standard with Vbulletin) It is mentioned in the user CP but the only choices in the drop down menu are the basic editor and the simple editor. I really miss having the WYSIWYG option because I like seeing how my posts will look when they're posted. (it's a whole lot faster than having to click on preview every time I post)
We don't offer the WYSIWYG editor option here because it was slowing our servers down, and at peak traffic times here, the servers are slow enough already, so we didn't enable this option in the Control Panel.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's what I figured the reason was. I just wanted to find out for sure. (I never realized features like the WYSIWYG editor and search option used a lot of server resources.)
It's too bad there isn't a paid subscription with some of those features enabled. I'd definitely pay for that.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgirl30 (View Post)
That's what I figured the reason was. I just wanted to find out for sure. (I never realized features like the WYSIWYG editor and search option used a lot of server resources.)
It's too bad there isn't a paid subscription with some of those features enabled. I'd definitely pay for that.
That's something we could look into. The only paid subscription option that we have right now is for posters to be ad-free when they post here, but we could look into adding more options for a paid subscription. Thanks for the suggestion.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-22-2007, 12:59 AM
New Fan

Just wondering why i can't "search" the threads?? It just comes up and says i dont have permission??? cheers
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpil_88 (View Post)
Just wondering why i can't "search" the threads?? It just comes up and says i dont have permission??? cheers
It's because the feature is off so Fan Forum can run faster.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
O.L.

Hi. I have a problem. I've registered as *Oksana* and supposedly my account is good to go. But when I log-in and want to reply to a topic, it states that I don't have permission either because the account's been blocked or hasn't been activated. Can anyone tell me the deal? Lol Thanks.

Oksana

Old 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

*Oksana* - is in the awaiting email confirmation group. I'll ask about getting it activated for you.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.L. (View Post)
Hi. I have a problem. I've registered as *Oksana* and supposedly my account is good to go. But when I log-in and want to reply to a topic, it states that I don't have permission either because the account's been blocked or hasn't been activated. Can anyone tell me the deal? Lol Thanks.

Oksana
Yeah, that usually happens if you change your email after registering or when you first join a confirmation message is supposed to be sent to that email which needs to be clicked on to verify that the email is valid.

Anyway, your account has been moved into the Registered usergroup.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

well, since no-one answered my question...I shall ask it again and hope for some replys.....

well, I have a technical problem, I chose in my Options to recieve Instant Email Notification, to ALL the thread Im subscribed to, yet I got none! so, I was wondering whats up with that?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ERdoc (View Post)
well, since no-one answered my question...I shall ask it again and hope for some replys.....

well, I have a technical problem, I chose in my Options to recieve Instant Email Notification, to ALL the thread Im subscribed to, yet I got none! so, I was wondering whats up with that?
I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ERdoc (View Post)

This is actually happening to me too. I'm only subscribed to boards but I changed my options so I would get daily emails about the posts and I never recieved any.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

For some reason I can't post anymore...
When I try the quick reply and hit the button I get a text "The following errors occured" but I don't see the errors also when I just press the reply to thread my posts don't show up at all.
I could post fine a few hours ago but now I can't

And I know this sounds dumb because this post shows up but 90% of my messages get lost
Old 02-25-2007, 05:14 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Nele, it can happen that some posts show up later as Fan Forum runs on 2 servers (at least I believe so). From what I can see, I would say all of them showed up already, is that right?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nele (View Post)
For some reason I can't post anymore...
When I try the quick reply and hit the button I get a text "The following errors occured" but I don't see the errors also when I just press the reply to thread my posts don't show up at all.
I could post fine a few hours ago but now I can't

And I know this sounds dumb because this post shows up but 90% of my messages get lost

If you press 'Okay' then submit the post again, it should be there.