Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

The problem is fixed now. It only affected one of the servers, that's why some people had the problem, but other people didn't.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Thank you so much. It is indeed working now. You should put it in the announcements so people know what was going on cause there is alot of confusion.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, I'm happy FF is pretty again

Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

I'm having problem with logging out. Every time that I log out, Fanforum still shows that I'm logged when in fact I should be logged out.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Jacob - have you tried closing all windows, and clearing cookies/temporary internet files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola (View Post)

Someone please help or feel free to PM me. For the specific thread it is Spoilers - GG S/S #132
I did bring this to Rachel's attention. Hopefully she's followed up with you by now.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Loyal Fan

not sure if this is the proper place to post this ... but it seems most logical.

i've noticed a trend the past week and a half or so, that every night at 3 A.M eastern time, i always get the database error message. i've been in the middle of posting something and it's happened. i've been in the middle of going to another thread and it's happened. i've also tried signing on exactly at 3 and it happens, like clockwork every night.

about 30 minutes later though everything is fine.

i find the problem to be mildly annoying. i could just wait the 30 minutes, but if i'm in the middle of posting a reply or something and am not paying attention to the time, thats when it gets a bit frustrating.

anyhoo, i just thought i would bring that to your attention. i'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Argh. This is the most infuriating thing has ever done. Including being down for two weeks.

EVERY DAY for a week now, I've run into a wall of endless "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." screens. It starts at 9 or 10am and can last several hours. The forum pages, the User CP, everything else comes up fine—but EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to go into a thread, I get stopped. It's bad enough when is down for everyone, but it's ten times worse when you can see that everyone else is able to post, and you're the only one locked out.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
Argh. This is the most infuriating thing has ever done. Including being down for two weeks.

EVERY DAY for a week now, I've run into a wall of endless "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." screens. It starts at 9 or 10am and can last several hours. The forum pages, the User CP, everything else comes up fine—but EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to go into a thread, I get stopped. It's bad enough when is down for everyone, but it's ten times worse when you can see that everyone else is able to post, and you're the only one locked out.
I get that a lot, too. But there is a way around it. Don't click on the Go to Last Post arrow, just click on Last Page or the last page number if the thread still has under 6 pages.

Sasha
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarsgoblue25x (View Post)
not sure if this is the proper place to post this ... but it seems most logical.

i've noticed a trend the past week and a half or so, that every night at 3 A.M eastern time, i always get the database error message. i've been in the middle of posting something and it's happened. i've been in the middle of going to another thread and it's happened. i've also tried signing on exactly at 3 and it happens, like clockwork every night.

about 30 minutes later though everything is fine.

i find the problem to be mildly annoying. i could just wait the 30 minutes, but if i'm in the middle of posting a reply or something and am not paying attention to the time, thats when it gets a bit frustrating.

anyhoo, i just thought i would bring that to your attention. i'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this.
There are certain operations scheduled for the slow times late during North American night when the boards are pretty slow that would account for this.

As for the server overloading messages, unfortunately, North American mornings are when FF sees the most traffic. Short of a hardware upgrade (which may happen at some point), there isn't that much we can do about it.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm having a problem and if someone could please PM me with a solution that would be great. There are a lot of avatars I have collected and I go to the edit page and go through all the documents and select it. When a new page comes up it says the PNG estention was wrong What does that mean? and how can i fix it?

icon: likeability
Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

I've temporarily disabled the display of users browsing forums, to see if it helps to speed the site up a bit. I'll be turning it on again later today.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I hope the upgrade goes smoothly.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

The server upgrade is great news!!
Thank you all and Good luck with it! Hope everything goes smoothly.
Nicole | Icon
Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Server upgrade...

You DO have a complete backup of the site this time, right? I don't trust your ISP anymore...
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
You DO have a complete backup of the site this time, right? I don't trust your ISP anymore...
Indeed.

The upgrade has now been completed successfully, only took about a hour for both servers.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread