Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

I'm near (and by near I mean 30 miles (50 km) from one, but we're fine.

My exam (did I mention that here) went well. Now I'm still trying to get to bed before work tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jessie:

I work at a country club as a banquet server.

Chris:

That's cool... I usually drink cold tea... I did have some made in a pitch but my financee drinks it like it's nothing. I think I only had one cup!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Val
I would never be able to drink that much tea in a day My bladder would self-destruct! In my genetics class, taught by Dr. Anderson at university, we were learning about this kind of acid called Trimethylmethoxyphenyl retinoic acid and my pneumonic device was Tea Makes Me Pee, really, Anderson

Roz
glad you are all right and your exam went well

Tina
That is awesome! I would love to work at a CC

Okay, time to play find the puppy Statistical probability says she found trouble somewhere in the house.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tea really doesn't make me pee more than other drinks do, I don't think or maybe it's because I'm so used to drinking it! Beer really is hell on my blatter, though.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

I don't like beer at all, Val. I'd much rather have vodka.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about having enough Vitamin C

I drink Ribena warm mostly. My Dad brings me a glass as soon as I wake up in the morning and I don't like to talk until I've had it. Aren't I a brat? . I call it "blacky" because I've been addicted since I was really young and that's what I used to call it. When I'm at Uni, my Cousin doesn't have it so I go straight to the canteen on Friday mornings and buy some ready made up in a carton or a bottle. Lucky for me it's readily available here. I used to drink different makes of blackcurrant squash, but now I just stick with Ribena - I think it's the best.

When I'm in America I have to drink Orange Juice

Last edited by Scythe; 10-25-2007 at 01:27 PM
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

beer goes right through me too. I've learned not to break the seal or your night is done for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe (View Post)
When I'm in America I have to drink Orange Juice
Oh, arent we poor Ribena-less smucks
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Jen - sounds like you've got your dad well trained. I'm having a hard time thinking of a drink when you say 'squash'.

Roz - glad to hear that you're okay. We were out in British Columbia on vacation the summer the fires were really bad there. We watched the Okanagan Park fire burn out of control. This was view from our hotel room, it was rather alarming to see it on the front pages of the national newspapers the next morning. When we checked in, you could barely make out the fire to the extreme far right ... as the evening progressed ... so did the fire. Yes, there was a lake between us, but it was still really scary. Definitely an experience I won't forget.

Glad to hear your exam went well. Oh, and you're more than welcome to the vodka. It gives me a terrible hangover, so I stay away from it. I like wine, red or white, and fairly dry.

Tina - fiance? Have you set a wedding date? How long have you been engaged? Or did you resign shortly after you got engaged?

Jessie - did you have fun with your puppy?

Val - yeah, tea tends to go through me too.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Chris, yes I had fun with her. She was biting the drapes in our dining room. We had some fun though...until she had to go to the vet to get two boosters and her rabies vaccine She wasn't happy

Those fires are so scary. I am on the east coast, but I can't imagine what those families are going through. Im praying for them
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'll hold off on my drinking until tomorrow night, but I'll have some vodka and be very happy.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

thrown in a lil of Jen's OJ and you've got yourself a relaxing screwball

So i was just bored and surfing FF and came across the roswell board. Do you guys remember back in 2001 when the board first came about it had such high traffic numbers it slowed FF a lot? And if I remember correctly, there was a Roswell 2 board to counter that

Last edited by 4N6 DNA; 10-25-2007 at 10:19 PM
Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chris: We were gonna get married last summer but postponed it to this summer. Hopefully we will have it. He propsed to me on Valentine's Day. You know, he was so nervous that he didn't ask me, "Will you marry me?" Just handed me a box of chocolates and in the middle of 'em was a ring. It almost extactly 12:00 AM when he did this, to make it officially V-D. I resign after I got engaged.... that one of the reasons I did this... too much stuff going on!

I go tonight for camping! It's been rainy here, so, I don't hope it rains on our parade the rest of the weekend!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

tina
I am so excited for you! I love camping! I am no expert but could I offer you a few tips in case it does rain? (I said in case, that doesnt jinx it!!! )

Store your stiff like socks, matches, food, maps and wet-able stuff in re-sealable plastic bags. I think the most important thing is keeping your tent and sleeping bad dry no matter what. throw em in a plastic garbage bag if you can, and bring some extras And maybe bring a ground cloth to place under your tent so to keep the tent floor dry. And maybe a sponge

And dont pitch the tent at the bottom of the hill Bring some cards and a flashlight for scary light faces!

And congratulations on your wedding this summer
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw thanks, Jessie for the tips and congrats!
Sean was saying something about buying a tarp... I don't know what he's gonna do to keep the underneath of the floor tent dry. Hmm.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

sure Tarps are great for rain! You've got a smart fiance
Closed Thread   Post New Thread