Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Spywares don't travel by emails that you send unless you join an infected file. A simple text email wouldn't get anyone infected. She might of gotten the spyware somewhere else or from someone else's email.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

It also usually travels via an email program, like Outlook Express that automatically open the email.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks someone said the mouse could be dirty too

My mum is going to blast the computer shop that didn't fix my computer when she gets the problems forms back from the 2nd computer shop

I couldn't do it, it's not me

The guy who knows the computer shop lets 17 years old to young adults to take of the shop, we think they don't know how to fix the computers right, last time I was there...I heard someone else had problems because they didn't fix it, I should have learn not to trust them from that.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That comes down to bad training, I've got a diploma in IT but while I can fix a few things there is no way I'd do it as a job without further training...

Yes dirty mouse balls are bad
Old 07-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n e r b l e (View Post)
It also usually travels via an email program, like Outlook Express that automatically open the email.
Only if a file is attached, a plain old text email can't cause any harm. By default Outool shouldn't open emails but then that's the MS way to do things. Cause problems then try to fix them
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok, I have a very strange problem that has been going on for a long time but is really getting on my nerves right now...

Ever since I changed my browser to Opera, using the Quick Reply box here at FF becomes a pain in the butt from time to time. Occasionally the whole QR box turns into one big link to whatever ad the current FF page is sporting. Meaning I can't hit 'Post Quick Reply' or even type in the box or copy its content which is particularly annoying if I've just typed up a long post and the only option is to refresh the page which leads me to lose the post. Sometimes the link opens to the same tab and then I can just hit back and whatever I had typed in the QR reappears, but sometimes the link insists on opening to a new tab and then the only thing left to do is to refresh the page.

Any idea what could cause this weirdness? I don't remember it happening when I used other browsers. And it only happens at FF.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM
New Fan

tl;dr
Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
That comes down to bad training, I've got a diploma in IT but while I can fix a few things there is no way I'd do it as a job without further training...

Yes dirty mouse balls are bad
Yeah

I rang them the day after and told him that my computer wasn't fixed and he told ME to download programs to get rid of ad awares and I paid them to do it

ETA: I got my computer back today, they checked everything and Mirar is gone yay!!

Last edited by -Kelly-; 07-22-2009 at 02:38 AM
Old 07-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have a question that I urgently need help with. I just upgraded Firefox to the 3.5 version from the 3.0 version, and now I have a problem that I didn't have before. The first time I opened Firefox after installing the new version, I got a dialogue box popping up more than once saying "A script on this page has been stopped due to a low memory condition.". I only had the option of clicking OK to get rid of it, so I did. Ever since then images on some pages just aren't displaying, even when I refresh the page. Things like image heavy opening posts here at FF are appearing like they have no images at all, and certain people's icons aren't displaying either. And on other sites like LJ I sometimes can't see people's icons that they post with or header images etc. I've tried restarting my comp, but it's still the same. I'm wishing I hadn't bothered updating Firefox now, please help me. I'm on Windows XP, if that makes any difference. And sometimes that same message will still pop up too.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Try opening Firefox in Safe Mode, there should be a shortcut for it in the Mozilla Firefox menu under All Programs menu. If it works fine that way, then the problem is most likely with an extension you have. Sadly the only way to figure out which out is disabling them one by one.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did some looking around, and it appears everyone with the 3.5 version is having the same issue, and there doesn't appear to be a solution yet. Two or three people commented that they'd downgraded back to their previous version, so I decided to do the same and I reinstalled 3.0.12, no problems since I've done that and I have all my add ons back as well. In conclusion, I do NOT recommend Firefox 3.5 at all.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

-Kelly- - Yeah!!

Also re Firefox I never do the update until at least a month later, sometimes I wonder if they even beta test these upgrades or if they just throw them out and see what happens.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

okay i have a question for a mac. i was doing color codes with someone and for some reason in a pm the color codes dont work but posting on a forum does. like this:

on here:
Quote:
Really? I can see the colours fine

Hrmmm does this & this work?
this is how it looks for me:

and then in pm:

Last edited by living destiny; 07-23-2009 at 04:17 PM
Old 07-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Light (View Post)
I have a question that I urgently need help with. I just upgraded Firefox to the 3.5 version from the 3.0 version, and now I have a problem that I didn't have before. The first time I opened Firefox after installing the new version, I got a dialogue box popping up more than once saying "A script on this page has been stopped due to a low memory condition.". I only had the option of clicking OK to get rid of it, so I did. Ever since then images on some pages just aren't displaying, even when I refresh the page. Things like image heavy opening posts here at FF are appearing like they have no images at all, and certain people's icons aren't displaying either. And on other sites like LJ I sometimes can't see people's icons that they post with or header images etc. I've tried restarting my comp, but it's still the same. I'm wishing I hadn't bothered updating Firefox now, please help me. I'm on Windows XP, if that makes any difference. And sometimes that same message will still pop up too.
I'm having a similar script issue on my Mac with firefox 3.5. I just got the minor update 3.5.1 and the same issue is there on some pages...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know a good software which I can use to transfer all the files that I have in my iPod into my computer?? And more importantly, one that is free??

Thanks guys!

Icon by sourburst
Closed Thread   Post New Thread