Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yuck, you're all reminding me of living in Vegas during the summer when I had to go walk around outside wearing closed toed shoes and pantyhose, knocking on doors. At least it was dry hot air though. The closest kind of weather I think I experienced to yours was July in Venice, it was hot with wet air. How do you guys live?

Today here in the Pacific Northwest, it felt like a spring day finally. I wore one my linen shirts and opened all my windows to air out my living space! Love when it gets not so cold, that I can do that!

I have 4 days of work, then a 4 day weekend off for Easter!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are most likely correct. I thought China summers were worse than Texas summers. But that might also be due to not having central air conditioning. We turned on the AC when entering a room and parents had us turn off the AC when leaving the room. Plus we walked everywhere as opposed to driving everywhere here in the states.

That's nice Lindsay! I have 4 days of work and 4 days off like Leanne.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy your short weeks ladies!

Vegas is definitely dry heat-similar temps to where I live now. Humidity is definitely a completely different type of heat.

Awww, Leanne, glad you got to wear your linen shirt.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 04-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope everyone had a good weekend?
Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mine was busy! How was yours?

Big lights will inspire you
Old 04-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No sleep last night , but I'm at work, feeling very out of it, wondering if I will be able to finish the book I'm reading and watch my tv show tonight! I haven't had a good sleep since Saturday night now. So I'm spending my work day feeling very lightheaded, and no coffee yet! Have to wait til break!

I am not responsible for any horrible typoes (ha! Didn't try for that but there you go!) or weird things I may post on today!

How's everyone else's Monday!?
Old 04-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I had a busy day in the city. Nice visit with the in-laws and got a bit of shopping done.

I'll try to catch up with everything tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a typical workday for me. My mom went to see our newest addition to the family! My cousin gave birth to a baby girl. Her name is Ariel. So far I have only seen pictures, but plan to visit over my Easter holiday.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, IKR? I guess I'm more thankful when it's typhoon season here? But I guess I'll take hot & humid over non-stop rain. It can dampen one's mood.

Cece, do you watch Fresh Off the Boat? It's about an Asian-American family and there was this one ep where the kids didn't know they had a dishwasher because their mom uses it as a drying rack since dishwashers "uses up more voltage for the electricity". I know that maybe 80% of Asians are like this. Congrats to your cousin and your baby niece.

Just one more day for me and then vacation (sort of cause I'm just staying at home and be boring)!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Cece, do you watch Fresh Off the Boat? It's about an Asian-American family and there was this one ep where the kids didn't know they had a dishwasher because their mom uses it as a drying rack since dishwashers "uses up more voltage for the electricity". I know that maybe 80% of Asians are like this.
Just 80%, are you sure? I have seen a dishwasher being operated once in my life, to be totally honest. And it scared me because that thing is so loud. I can't stand washers and dryers either (for laundry) but I can at least shut the door to where they are placed. So yes, I am not used to the dishwasher being on because that is so true. We use it to store dishes and dry them. In the past we've also used cloths/paper towels to dry dishes but we get lazy.

I have been meaning to catch up on Fresh Off The Boat! I'm still on S1 I believe. I watched the show when it was brand new, but I guess other shows took priority and I just forgot about it. I'm not a heavy sitcom watcher. I have not even seen all of Friends. It's on my Netflix watch list, so is How I Met Your Mother, The Office, and New Girl.

Fresh Off The Boat isn't on Netflix but I have other means to watch it!

I need more time in a day to watch everything.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)

I need more time in a day to watch everything.
I think we'd all appreciate more time in the day.

Dishwashers can be noisy! I've never had one myself, but remember thinking that my mom was silly to use hers when it was just her, because her cupboards would have to be pretty much empty of clean dishes before it was full enough to use.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, yes, we use paper cloths to dry them too (before). Okay, 80% is a conservative estimate. I guess I'll go with 90%. I highly recommend FotB. And seriously, just having to read subtitles on network TV is amazing. There was this one episode where they had Chinese New Year and I think it was one of their neighbors who asked why they have their own New Year. It's so hilarious.

We've never had a dishwater either. For a time I grew up knowing that they're only used for restaurants.

Here's the clip from FoTB that had me in hoots.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The dishwashers always been used in my households!

The sound I never liked was the wheat grinder. Worst household kitchen sound in existence!

Tonight, my sister is bringing her cat to be "cat sat" til the 30th! Her cat is always hissy toward my cat and will swipe at him if he gets too close. And he doesn't even care what she does! I hope no fur will fly during these next two weeks! Got the water spray bottle ready just in case I have to break a fight up! (This is why I don't have two human kids, )
Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey everyone. I need a distraction, been going through heartache.

What's up? I haven't posted here in ages!

IG | Tumblr
Old 04-12-2017, 05:45 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Heart (View Post)
Hey everyone. I need a distraction, been going through heartache.

What's up? I haven't posted here in ages!
and Welcome back! If there's anything you'd like to share, we're good listeners.

Leanne - hopefully the cats behave for you

Lindsay - thanks for the laugh!

I have to go to talk to my mom's financial advisor this morning. Should be boring.