Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Enjoy your new mattress, Leanne! Hopefully this will be better than the last one.

My sister and parents are not into gaming, so we missed out on getting the Wii. I didn't have a job back then, was still in college, so couldn't convince parents on getting it. But now it is all my money so I've been looking at the Switch or Wii U but so far, from all the videos I've seen, I am into the Switch!!! Mom knows I am getting it.

Friday is the release date for it.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:48 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I don't want my kids playing more video games than they already do. The nice thing about having a really old system is that it can't play any of the new games So they are stuck with the very few games I bought for it from before they were born :
But I like your logic.

Guess I'm the opposite of everybody here because I always enjoyed accounting and had a few jobs in the field.

Leanne - I hope today goes well for you.

Cece - enjoy the game if you get it

Lindsay, Lizzy, Hannah
Old 03-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I used to like Doctor Mario.

I enjoyed math when I was in school, but I've forgotten most of it now.
So one time , years ago, my roommate and I were sick with the same thing at the same time, and for some reason whatever it was gave us both insomnia. So one night I was tossing and turning and decided to just get up and go into the living room. My roommate was already there watching something. When it was over we started playing Doctor Mario (the irony not lost on us) until 4 a.m. when we both finally got sleepy.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Not a bad way to pass the time and try to forget about being sick.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey everyone! I'm so happy cause it's finally Friday! I would like to unwind because month end was over a few days ago but it spilled over these past few days so yeah, need to go and grab a drink. I'm also lost with all the gaming talk but carry on.

Leanne, enjoy the new mattress and good luck at work!

Hey Q, Cece, Amy, Rae & Chris! Happy weekend!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I stopped by Gamestop a little past 7 PM to pre-order the Nintendo Switch to pick up at midnight but they didn't have any available. Walmart and Best Buy are too far away and I figure I won't have any time to play today anyway since I won't get it until after midnight. I will just get the Nintendo Switch tomorrow and enjoy the console over the weekend.

That's the downside to gaming. And anything that can get addictive (like binge-watching TV shows). Hours go by in a flash it seems. But life is about having fun and doing what you enjoy, so I am going to get back into gaming. Just don't want to heat up my Mac too bad so moving away from PC games.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now I have to google "Nintendo Switch". I barely play video games but I know when I do, the hours just speed by! The best time was when I hooked up my PS3 to our home theatre set up where we have surround sound speakers and one wall devoted to large picture screen so I was playing Indiana Jones LEGO game on a huge screen with power sound, immersed! So fun!

So today was the first morning at my changing work location that I didn't feel freaked out even tho there was drastic change when I walked in. I can see the potential of the end result being an improvement now. the only thing I need to do permanently though is use earplugs during the double classes cause that isn't going to be changing for the better for the rest of the year. I don't even care if the the kids notice, maybe they will clue in their voice volumes are too loud for a library.

And my new mattress is a definite improvement! Slept so well last night, my back was supported with the softer top, and no back spasms or joint pain!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love open world games. Exploring the world is fun for me. That's why I am so excited for the new Zelda game! It looks beautiful. I'm also excited for the new Mario game. I haven't played LEGOs Indiana Jones. Just the HP and Star Wars ones.

Are you able to tell them to use quieter voices, Leanne?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LEGO Indiana Jones is fun, I think I actually finished Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I haven't passed the club scene of Temple of Doom yet. I need to see what Zelda is like. I also like open worlds, I think cause I get frustrated about being able to pass a boss fight, I like just being able to run around finding items and such, I'm so easy to please, haha. A video game with no challenges is fine by me, just explore a world!

It's hard to explain how the library is with two classes at the same time, I'm so busy with the kids asking me questions or checking out books with them, I can't really yell out "everybody shut up" ala "Kindergarten Cop" their teachers are there so they supervise while I do my circulation job, so the kids just sort of talk, socialize and "read" together. So I just resort to earplugs so I don't get sensory overload with the noise.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I prefer open worlds like Guild Wars 2, but also with some challenges. Even Pokemon games were fun because you got to walk around and catch Pokemon. I'm not a super competitive person so racing games are not my strength. It's fun playing with other players [on the same team] and not against other players. I was never into PVP stuff.

Oh that makes sense. If their teacher is with them, not much you can do. Maybe explain to the teachers that all the noise bothers you? Perhaps they will be more sensitive to your needs.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love driving / racing games. No boss battles, just plain old competition,

Cece, the teachers do periodically call out to lower voices, but it just happens too often and too easily. It seems they are making libraries into "learning commons" where it's more than just silently reading and studying, it's supposed to be a place where people go to gather and socialize/learn! I don't know, but when I got into library work, I expected it to be a nice, quiet kind of work environment! The reading/studying type of place!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lindsay - I hope you enjoy your drink and you're able to relax/unwind some from your crazy week

Cece - Enjoy playing the game system over the weekend. Zelda and Mario are both really fun games

Leanne - I like racing games too Like Mario Kart. The only Boss Battle games I play are Mario games. I think it's crazy that your library is so noisy. All the libraries around here require quiet unless you are in the children's area. They do allow a small amount of noise in that section. Maybe a community college or University library would be quieter.

Hi Chris, Rae, and Hannah
Old 03-03-2017, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'm not into competition with other players, but it is fine if I am competing against an AI. I have played some Mario Kart [there's a new one for the Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe]. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, and Donkey Kong were my favorite games growing up. I now also love Kingdom Hearts!

I guess we are a little more strict at our school. But even a whisper can get loud sometimes.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - I hope you're feeling more relaxed this morning.

Cece - Enjoy your new game.

Leanne - Glad you're satisfired with your new mattress. Amy might have a point that a high school or college library would probably be quieter. It's good that you're seeing the potential for the changes they've been implementing.

Amy - I was never any good at beating bosses. I used to have my son get me past them.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

It's friday!

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Closed Thread   Post New Thread