Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2007, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh, makes sense. Anyway, that reminded me of Justin Guarini's song Condition of My Heart..so I was a bit excited, but overall..Delta's too cool to have a lame title like that. I'm glad someone [was it her?] had enough sense to scale it back to something..simple and not horribly cliched.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Delta herself didn't like it, thank god she didn't cause i don't like it as an album title at all, as a song title it's good though, but not on an album!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even as a title it's a tad embarrassing, but I'd surely have forgiven her if she used it as a song title..for an album though..Well, I would be mortified to go buy that.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd me mortified too! The album is only 37 days away! It's being released earlier than i though, i'm not complaining though!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I like "Delta" better than the Condition title.

This article mentions quite a few details about the new album, and gives us a few more track names:

Quote:
Brian McFadden inspires Delta magic
Herald Sun

BRIAN McFadden, who came to fame as a member of Irish boy band Westlife, has co-written six tracks on Delta.

"I never knew he'd be so crucial to the album," Goodrem says. "I didn't want to write with him for the album, we never intended to do that. I'd written with other people, but nothing was making me excited, making me feel the magic."

One song became the album's turning point. Believe Again was written with a seemingly unlikely team Goodrem calls The Elements -- herself, McFadden, dance producer Stuart Crichton (Kylie, Jamelia, Sugababes) and Nashville-based country writer Tommy Lee James.

The epic song -- lush strings and Massive Attack-style dance beats with an uplifting anthemic chorus -- is like nothing Goodrem has made before .

It is to her what Confide in Me was to Kylie and Frozen was to Madonna and is earmarked as the album's second single.

"Sometimes you write songs and think, that's fine, that's OK," Goodrem says. "I didn't want fine. I wanted better than fine. I wanted to have a great album.

"I've always had a really good ear for a great song that appeals to a lot of people. Nothing to do with my music, but I can hear a song and know it's going to be huge. I wanted to make sure I had something that special.

"I didn't sit down and think that I needed to try to be contemporary, to be modern, that I needed to get this person. Believe Again was the one that turned the corner. It inspired the whole album."

On one new song, You Will Only Break My Heart, Goodrem gets funky with reggae beats.

"I think people want to hear something new," she says. "I hope people are ready for me to grow up. I can't do the cutesy thing any more. It's not where I'm at."

Though her "signature" sound permeates the album, Goodrem struggled to write power ballads, which were once her forte.

Only one piano ballad -- Black Apple -- came out. She found it too dark to fit on the album.

She ended up out-sourcing two ballads -- Woman and The Guardian.

"I wanted to have fun, be free-spirited," she says. "I didn't want to be serious. My life got so serious so fast. This chapter was about being young again.

"I'd gone through something serious, it wasn't make-believe. I think some people couldn't relate to Mistaken Identity. You can't just put that album on while you're making the dinner. It's intense. You feel emotionally exhausted after it. It was absolutely about what was going on. I was emotionally exhausted.

"I'm glad I got it out of my system. I expelled it. It was a case of 'Here's everything that went on', but I've done the intense thing now. I don't want to be intense any more. I just wanted to make great pop songs."

One new track, Possessionless, reaches back to the Mistaken Identity period. It seems a simple love song about an early moment of intimacy, but it has a deeper meaning for Goodrem.

"I'd never had those girl insecurities as a kid. Then I lost my hair, it went green, I had braces, I was on steroids. I thought about how when there's absolutely nothing else, you're possessionless. Would you love someone when they're bare naked like that? You have absolutely nothing, not even eyelashes. There's no facade, nothing to hide."
So that means she won't be including that dark song Black Apple? That's an interesting title!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie (View Post)
Next month will be great, both Delta and Carrie have penciled in October as their album release month.
I forgot to reply to this before. I can't wait for Carrie's album.

I'm so glad she decided against the Conditions title.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
On one new song, You Will Only Break My Heart, Goodrem gets funky with reggae beats.
I so want to hear that!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

'Goodrem gets funky with reggae beats' is a funny sentence!

I'm curious as to what the dance beats are gonna sound like.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, Delta is growing on me. She did say she hates the title Mistaken Identity now and I would hate to see her say [down the track] that she, too, hated this album title. At least this way you know she'd never hate it!

I thought Believe Again was going to be seriously cheesy but now that I've heard the comparisons and information on what it sounds like musically..man, I'm very excited about it! Apparently that's going to be the next single and a video will be shot soon [next week if I'm not mistaken].

It seems like everyone has a reggae-beat song. Ricki-Lee had one on her newie [Real Good Time], Guy had one on his last album [I'm Gon Getcha]..but it's going to be exciting to hear something like this from HER!

Black Apple sounds VERY interesting. I hope it turns up as a b-side! I'm bummed that she didn't use that, it sounds like it was going to be great..understandable that it didn't fit into this album's sound..still disappointing that she dropped one of her songs for outsourced ones. She should have hidden it just 'cos.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha it'll be funny if you get to the end of the last song on the album and then Black Apple comes on. I wanna hear it too. It sounds really different.

I really wanna hear Believe Again as well. Delta's said several times how much she loves it so I'm trusting that it's a really great song. And I'm hoping that the video will be awwwesome.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie (View Post)
You know, Delta is growing on me. She did say she hates the title Mistaken Identity now and I would hate to see her say [down the track] that she, too, hated this album title. At least this way you know she'd never hate it!

I thought Believe Again was going to be seriously cheesy but now that I've heard the comparisons and information on what it sounds like musically..man, I'm very excited about it! Apparently that's going to be the next single and a video will be shot soon [next week if I'm not mistaken].

Black Apple sounds VERY interesting. I hope it turns up as a b-side! I'm bummed that she didn't use that, it sounds like it was going to be great..understandable that it didn't fit into this album's sound..still disappointing that she dropped one of her songs for outsourced ones. She should have hidden it just 'cos.
That's true - it's a classic title, not something she's gonna regret a couple of years from now.

I'm very excited to hear Believe Again too! The way that article called it an 'epic song', compared it to Madonna's Frozen [which I love]...should be a great one! Oh wow, it's going to be the next single? Awesome.

I just love the title Black Apple, I'd love for it to turn out as a b-side as well. I agree, I can understand why she wouldn't want a dark song on the album if she wants to keep it light and something people can relate to, but I still wanna hear it!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it's not likely that she'll regret the title if she calls it Delta, is it. It's not like it can give the wrong impression is it, as it's just her name. It's Delta!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm SO glad Possessionless finally made it out after SO much time. Seriously it's an amazing song and it deserves it place on an album. It'll be really special for me hearing it again after such an amazing experience surrounding the track.

I have a strong feeling this album will be the best yet. In my mind this is going to be one of Delta's prime years.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, I was just thinking it's going to be really special when you hear it after being around during the recording process!

Totally. She's given this one a lot of time, I have no doubt it'll be amazing!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes I wake up in such a great mood because it's only a month or so away until I hear it again.

I feel Mistaken Identity was just that. Delta not really knowing what to write about or where to go. It was a stunning album but I think now she's in a better place and it'll all go just much smoother and the end result will be an album release that's out of this world mad.

I was re-reading the above article and again I wonder if there will be a hidden track (let's hope so!) and well I think Black Apple needs to be listened to by fans somehow.