Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I have a GSA club at my school as well and when our class went to a seminar for Ally Week...around half of them didn't even know what a transgender was. O_o
I knew vaguely, in a very superficial way, what a transgender was before watching Adam on Degrassi. I understood that it was someone who felt like they were a certain gender and were born in a body of the opposite sex, but I was never sure if maybe there was something I was missing and I never really thought to check up on it. Which is why it was good that they had Adam sort of explain it on the show for people who may have been confused. It turned out I pretty much already had a good grasp on what a transgender is. Eli and Clare didn't really seem to get it either, until Adam answered all their questions. But they were no less accepting.

I think some people still get it confused with transvestism.

@ EClare_x3 - Very nice prediction.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
I knew vaguely, in a very superficial way, what a transgender was before watching Adam on Degrassi. I understood that it was someone who felt like they were a certain gender and were born in a body of the opposite sex, but I was never sure if maybe there was something I was missing and I never really thought to check up on it. Which is why it was good that they had Adam sort of explain it on the show for people who may have been confused. It turned out I pretty much already had a good grasp on what a transgender is. Eli and Clare didn't really seem to get it either, until Adam answered all their questions. But they were no less accepting.
Definitely. Up until Adam explained exactly what it was, I was still pretty confused on it. I've just never met a transgender before and I hadn't really thought too much about it. I felt bad for Adam during My Body Is A Cage, but didn't really have that much knowledge on the whole topic until he explained it at the very end. I'm glad Degrassi did this.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EClare_x3 (View Post)
Definitely. Up until Adam explained exactly what it was, I was still pretty confused on it. I've just never met a transgender before and I hadn't really thought too much about it. I felt bad for Adam during My Body Is A Cage, but didn't really have that much knowledge on the whole topic until he explained it at the very end. I'm glad Degrassi did this.
Basically the same with me. I live in a very liberal area of the US so I'm very accepting but the concept of transgender had never been explained to me really. So while I would have been cool about it if I'd ever met one (aside from the fact that I'm incredibly shy with everyone I meet) I wouldn't have known what being transgender actually meant.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I understood transgenders before Degrassi but that's because i've always been really into LGBT issues.

and also, i like that prediction. I think Fiona is going to be having an extremely rough time this season and she might just start overreacting and being confused and...stuff.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeriskx (View Post)

and also, i like that prediction. I think Fiona is going to be having an extremely rough time this season and she might just start overreacting and being confused and...stuff.
Exactly. Then, of course, there's the whole drinking thing -- can't really figure out at what point she'll start, before Holly J or after, but I'm pretty sure she'll be relying on her drinking throughout this whole ordeal until she's forced to figure herself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiko (View Post)
Basically the same with me. I live in a very liberal area of the US so I'm very accepting but the concept of transgender had never been explained to me really. So while I would have been cool about it if I'd ever met one (aside from the fact that I'm incredibly shy with everyone I meet) I wouldn't have known what being transgender actually meant.
Yep! Agree with this.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't really remember which user said this (LadyAzura, I think?), but the whole Fiona being a lesbian thing doesn't seem so believable to me either, the more I watch the promo. Now it just seems like it's obvious that they threw it in there to throw us off, but that's after having watched the promo a hundred times. I'm probably totally wrong.

Anyway, 2 of the 4 kisses are from the same scene, right? The one where Fiona has her hand on Adam's neck in the 2011 much music promo is the same one from the first couch scene? I wonder if there are any other kisses not shown in the promos.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamahoney123 (View Post)
I can't really remember which user said this (LadyAzura, I think?), but the whole Fiona being a lesbian thing doesn't seem so believable to me either, the more I watch the promo. Now it just seems like it's obvious that they threw it in there to throw us off, but that's after having watched the promo a hundred times. I'm probably totally wrong.

Anyway, 2 of the 4 kisses are from the same scene, right? The one where Fiona has her hand on Adam's neck in the 2011 much music promo is the same one from the first couch scene? I wonder if there are any other kisses not shown in the promos.
Yea the first time I saw the promo I was freaking out about everything, but after that I thought about it and I really really don't think Fiona is a lesbian. It's one of teennick's infamous misleading promo tricks, like when Jenna "went into labor".

About the kisses, so far there's three different ones. I hope there are some that we haven't seen yet though.

Last edited by Eclare4life; 01-23-2011 at 05:36 PM
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
New Fan

Hey guys! so I made a fadam fanvid. it's really not that great. the song just reminded me of fadam so i decided to make short fanvid. i hope you guys like it!

Fadam - Crescent Moon

Last edited by yozo217; 01-27-2011 at 10:21 AM
Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just trying to start a discussion...

Quote:
anyways someone asked annie on twitter if Fiona and Holly J are going to date and she responded with "i'm not going to give away a major plot point you'll have to watch and see!" (or something like that)
worththerisk posted this in another thread but I wanted to reply to it in this one. Annie's exact response to "Does Fiona really like Holly J? o.O she better not hurt Adam! hes so sweet!" and "Do Fiona and Holly J really date...?" was "As if I'm gonna give away plot points! Wait 'till feb 11th! It'll be worth it....."

I'm sure Annie knows Fadam has a huge fan base, and I don't think she would say that to the person who tweeted her (I'm assuming that person is a Fadam fan) if Fiona ended up being a lesbian. So the "it'll be worth it" part further makes me believe Fiona is straight and Fadam WILL happen.

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself. Lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Fadam will work out too. It willl be so sad if they don't..especially for Adam
Old 01-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I just think Fiona has a lot of things wrong with her. :/ i mean, drinking seemed to be a problem for her ever BEFORE the "Purple Pills" episode.

Of course I would love to see them have a happy ending but part of me thinks even if Fiona isn't a lesbian she needs to learn how to love herself, like really love herself, before she can learn to love someone else.

I hope though that the show gives fadam a chance and doesn't end it before it even really begins.

But like I keep saying, even if they don't end up together I would love to see their friendship countinue. I really think Adam could help Fiona and be there for her. and i've seen people say (not here, but elsewhere) "oh fiona and adam are a bad match because they're both so screwed up. blah blah blah." I don't view adam as "screwed up" I think adam is probably one of the most together characters on the show. He knows who he is. What I really love is that if he does think Fiona like girls in the promo he said "you don't want me you want a girl" if it really is taken in that context then GOOD FOR HIM. He really likes her but he knows he's a dude so he's not going to stay in a relationship just because he wants her. if he was "screwed up" i feel like he would stay with her just because he likes her and not really give a crap about the fact that she doesn't respect him as male.

...that was a little off topic but it was something that has been bothering me for a while so i felt the need to rant about it.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, from the promos it seems like so much drama is already going on between the two of them and they're not even together yet.

Quote:
she needs to learn how to love herself, like really love herself, before she can learn to love someone else.
As much as I want them together, I have to agree with you on this. What you said totally reminded me of Purple Pills with the whole "Haven't you heard? I'm crazy" scene and basically the whole two episodes. You could tell she was just slowly breaking down inside and thinks she has all these things wrong with her. But I think Adam will be good for her because she needs someone like him, and hopefully he can be the person who could help her. So now I'm wondering if the "Adam calms her down a bit" has anything to do with that. I'm also hoping the "I love you, Adam" scene happens toward the end of the season.

Quote:
He really likes her but he knows he's a dude so he's not going to stay in a relationship just because he wants her. if he was "screwed up" i feel like he would stay with her just because he likes her and not really give a crap about the fact that she doesn't respect him as male.
I've seen someone say this before as a comment on the In Too Deep promo, that if Adam really liked Fiona, he would stay with her as Gracie. There are so many things wrong with that statement but I can't believe someone actually said that. Have you ever been on the teennick forums? Been there once and never visited again. People on there are so ignorant and immature and say the craziest things; my guess is they're a bunch of 12 year olds.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclare4life (View Post)
I think Fadam will work out too. It willl be so sad if they don't..especially for Adam
I know we haven't even seen them together, but I have a feeling they're going to make these two endgame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamahoney123 (View Post)
I'm also hoping the "I love you, Adam" scene happens toward the end of the season.
Me too. But you know that line has to come with some type of drama because they wouldn't have stuck a major milestone like that in the promo if there were no problems coming along with it.

Quote:
I've seen someone say this before as a comment on the In Too Deep promo, that if Adam really liked Fiona, he would stay with her as Gracie. There are so many things wrong with that statement but I can't believe someone actually said that. Have you ever been on the teennick forums? Been there once and never visited again. People on there are so ignorant and immature and say the craziest things; my guess is they're a bunch of 12 year olds.
Er. What the ****? That doesn't even make any sense, and it pisses me off.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I know we haven't even seen them together, but I have a feeling they're going to make these two endgame.
i don't think they're endgame just for the simple fact Fiona is graduating soon and Adam is still in grade 10. I'm sure he'll probably have at least 1 or 2 relationships after Fiona.

I would really love though if they had Fiona come back right around the time Adam graduates and them get together. THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN THOUGH.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I would really love though if they had Fiona come back right around the time Adam graduates and them get together. THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN THOUGH.
It probably won't, but then, you never know.

They might keep Fiona around until Adam graduates, and wouldn't it be something if he left the show going to New York with her or something? Maybe to get surgery done?

Just a thought.

It could also be left open-ended, like Janny was.

This is, of course, assuming that Fiona isn't actually a lesbian and in love with Holly J. But after re-watching the promo, I'm pretty sure the Holly J/Fiona scene was taken out of context, and that maybe Adam telling her that she likes girls is him just jumping to conclusions.

But who knows...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread