Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

i never run out of things to talk about. i just have nothing positive to say. i'm really anxious to see what happens.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
New Fan

hey guys, so this post is kind of related to adam in some way, with him being trans-gendered and everything.

you know how degrassi has a GLBT club? well, students in my school wanted to create something like that, but for gay people. they call it the 'GSA,' Gay Straight Alliance. there are students in my school that have been harassed because of their sexuality, that's why they wanted to create a club where they can talk about their problems or something like that. oh, and i'm not sure when it was but, i saw in the news that two students killed themselves because they were being harassed on facebook for being gay.

but for some reason our principal opposes the idea. God knows why she doesn't approve of it. there has been a rumor that she's a lesbian, but no one really knows the truth. today she announced that she was making a club for gay and straight people. the thing is, it wasn't what most of the students in our school envisioned it to be. her ideas for the club are different from their ideals. she even changed the advisors. maybe she thought that by creating that club it would stop the students from rallying, but it didn't. she even threatened us that she would cancel prom if we rallied, but of course no one really cared about what she said.

so today, a bunch of students from my school rallied against her. two news stations were there filming the whole thing. they interviewed the leader of the group and a few gay students, including my friend. one of the news station is still in the premises right now, i think. i was there for like 15 minutes. i would have stayed longer but i had club stuff to do, and i'm like an officer so i can't miss it.

yea, i don't really know why i posted this here. i guess i just wanted to share this to everyone. maybe you guys are experiencing similar problems in your school. what do you guys think?

Last edited by yozo217; 01-20-2011 at 04:05 PM
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

We have an LGBT club at my school too. Actually, I think most people call it the GSA at my school as well. Anyway, the club is run by one of the English teachers, who's openly bi. Our school is pretty cool about homosexuality. I can't remember any bullying incidents. And the whole school staff is pretty supportive of it. They run the commercials for not using the word gay to mean stupid on our morning announcements, although a lot of kids, even the ones I know aren't homophobic, still use the word in a derogatory way, unfortunately. And the LGBT always hand out rainbow ribbons at the beginning of every school year so that we can show our support if we choose. And then we have the day of silence, which is supposed to be symbolic of the silence that gay/transgendered people feel when they're too afraid to come out. I never really got that one though, because I don't see what it does to actually help them or to get people to really understand the situation. But I always get the sticker that either says silent/vocal supporter. I don't think we have any transgender kids at my school, but I know some that are gay. I don't think anyone bothers them, but even so, you can tell there are some boys who feel uncomfortable around the gay kids, which is unfortunate and unnecessary. But at least they don't bully them. I think society is starting to get somewhere with this. It's taking a while, but change is slow. Eventually, I'm sure things will turn around for LGBT people. It's only a matter of time.

Maybe your principle is a lesbian. That's another way to relate it to Degrassi. Riley was afraid to come out and even admitted he was a homophobe. It happens to a lot of people, I've heard. He hated himself for being gay. Maybe your principle is experiencing the same problem? Maybe she's irrationally worried that people will suspect her more if she's in complete support of it?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
New Fan

wow, your school is really cool. it's good that they're open about it. most of the students in my school are open about it, it's just that i think our principal doesn't want it to be so open. many of the us in my school believes the same thing. we think she is lesbian. i guess it might her reputation if she came out, she is the principal of our school so i guess that might be the reason why she's so reluctant. we also had a day of silence in our school. last year there were students in my class who didn't talk the whole day. i didn't participate in it though because i didn't know about it. i just don't understand why she can't allow us to create the club. i mean most school has a club like that. i don't really think it will hurt her reputation by allowing it.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

my high school had a GSA. I only knew one openly gay person in my high school though. He had a rough time but he was really obnoxious about being gay. I'm a full believer that, yes, while your sexuality is part of who you are and it's beautiful, you don't need to shove it in peoples faces. and he did that. a lot.

like he would ask straight boys, WHO HE KNEW WERE STRAIGHT, out on dates. The when they rejected him, even though they were all as kind as possible, he would call them homophobes.

I wish my school had more LGBT students. If there were more than just that 1 they weren't out, which is sad.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

My school is pretty supportive of LGBT students, I'm pretty sure my principal is a lesbian too. My school's GSA club was really active my freshman year, but I haven't seen much from it lately. I think every school should have one though, especially with all the bullying going on. Maybe your principal will come around.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
New Fan

omg i just saw the protest on tv. that was pretty insane. i wish they'd do something about it
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wish I could see the news clip, it sounds really interesting, trying to tie this back to degrassi, maybe Fiona says something and Adam thinks shes trying to come out, but turns out shes just trying to explain about the whole Bobby thing? I don't know, all I know is that theres 3 weeks left!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveGoneMADam (View Post)
Wish I could see the news clip, it sounds really interesting, trying to tie this back to degrassi, maybe Fiona says something and Adam thinks shes trying to come out, but turns out shes just trying to explain about the whole Bobby thing? I don't know, all I know is that theres 3 weeks left!
Yea maybe. Whatever it is though I doubt she's actually a lesbian. Fiona telling Adam about Bobby and Adam telling her he's ftm will be really nice scenes, or at least I hope so.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveGoneMADam (View Post)
I don't know, all I know is that theres 3 weeks left!
That's what I told my brother when I looked at the time and it happened to be 7:03pm. He called me pathetic.

I wish I knew people in real life who also watch Degrassi. My sister used to when we were younger (that's how I started watching), but now we're older and she's "too cool" to watch shows like that anymore.

Anyway, to stay on topic...

Um, I really don't know what to say anymore.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

FADAM KISSES.

um, that's on topic. lol this is like the only thread I post in that's on topic anymore....i should probably keep it that way.

So, so far we're up to a kiss count of 4.
I'M JUST GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO THAT FACT.
and not the fact Fiona might be a lesbian.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeriskx (View Post)
FADAM KISSES.

um, that's on topic. lol this is like the only thread I post in that's on topic anymore....i should probably keep it that way.

So, so far we're up to a kiss count of 4.
I'M JUST GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO THAT FACT.
and not the fact Fiona might be a lesbian.
Yeah but 3 out of 4 of those kisses we see alcohol around...
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I have a GSA club at my school as well and when our class went to a seminar for Ally Week...around half of them didn't even know what a transgender was. O_o

As for Holly J/Fiona, as much as I love them together as friends, hopefully Fi was just telling her that to console her about Holly J's appearance, not because she has a crush on her (although Degrassi has a reputation of breaking off my favourite relationships so I won't even hold my breath). I'm wondering what Adam means when he said Fiona likes girls...I take this means she doesn't know about "Gracie" yet? :/
Old 01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

3 wks left, YESS!!!!

so i got 3 wks to finish watching this, i don't even know which eps i haven't watched. some i half watched.

Fiona doesn't know about Gracie, i thought it was pretty obvious, everyone knew that Adam was transgender.

you are never too cool for Degrassi, my sister is 26 & still watches it.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's my prediction. Fiona really likes Adam, she gets with him before she finds out he's a FTM. She may end up starting to question her sexuality because of this, perhaps becoming interested in finding out what Gracie was like, (hence, "You don't want me, you want a girl,") then Fiona gets confused and starts clinging to Holly J more.

She does have attachment issues, and she may think she has feelings for Holly J. Of course, I think this is only going to be one-sided and Holly J won't return those feelings, she may not even be aware of what Fiona's going through unless Fiona talks to her about it. And then she figures out what she really wants, and that's Adam, and Adam only.

I don't think anyone should lose faith in Fadam after the promos, they're known to be misleading and Fadam hasn't even started yet, they wouldn't end it so soon. I don't think they'll even be left as any type of cliffhanger in the finale, I think all their problems will be figured out earlier in the season and we'll have closure with these two by the season finale.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread