Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Fave Boys Old: Spin, Jay, Sean, JT
New: KC is the only new guy I like. Most of the guys I love left. :-(
Proud Shipper and Fan of Val/Jeff Holly/Henry Brooke/Lucas Jake/Peyton Nathan/Taylor Sean/Emma Craig/Manny Jay/Alex Spinner/Paige Kelso/Jackie Eric/Donna Cory/Topanga Slater/Jesse Zack/Kelly David/Donna Brenda/Dylan Kelly/Brandon Steve/Janet Brady/Amber Henry/Sam[/ COLOR]Dedicated to Andrew Lawrence, Dustin Milligan, ARod Jared Padalecki, Sam Winchester, and Milo Ventimiglia True Love First Love[/COLOR] I want a Henry of my own.
lovejonathanjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Jay and JT from the old cast.

and I pretty much love all the boys now but my favorite is probably Adam.

samantha | twitter | tumblr
worththeriskx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Old Cast:

Spinner
JT
Marco
Jay
Peter

New Cast:

Eli
Sav
Adam
Fitz
Zane
Old 10-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

(No particular order)
Old cast:

Spinner- I always give him as an example of wonderful character developement (if we're talking ONLY about degrassi), at least until DTM which made him act kind of out of character. Still, he went through so many stages in life. From the popular kid, bully, outcast. He worked hard for forgiveness and he completely deserved it. His storylines differed from each other, when most of the characters dealt with the same thing over and over again. His issues usually weren't rushed. Over and done in one episode. In the end he truly become the hero of degrassi. If you watch season 1 and 9 you will hardly believe it's the same person.

Jay - I especially loved him in the beginning when he was just messing with peoples' heads. He was witty, sneaky and absolutely awesome. I have to admit that I kind of missed his tough side once he got together with Manny, but I found it adorable that he, of all people, was the one to like her for herself. Probably the only reason I liked the couple, because I did think them getting together was awfuly random.

JT- He was one half of my favorite couple s how could I not like him? Jt made many mistakes over the years but he had a good heart and charm that just drew you to him. His determination to prove himself was admirable and I really wish that he didn't die.

I also really liked Jimmy and Sean, but pre-season 6.

Newbies:

Adam- At first I wasn't certain about his character. I didn't want my judgement of his character to be clouded by my feelings on his storyline. I wanted to like him for him, not because he was interesting or because I felt sorry for him. But once he was introduced I couldn't get over how freaking adorable he was. He's so full of optimism that you can't help but smile whenever he appears on the screen. But it's not just that. The fact that he's brave enough to fight for his identity, for happiness is so heartbreakingly beautiful. He went through so much but still comes out strong.

Drew- Yes, most people hate him. Yes, he irritated me int he preview and I hate it that he blames everything on Bianca and doesn't accept that he's the one at fault. But the way he is with Adam, reminds me strongly of my own brother. I like it that degrassi finally decided to show some strong sibling relationships (they didn't in the past), because believe it or not such do in fact exist.

Wesley- Who deosn't root for the adorable nerd? Come on, we all see how totally awesome he is. It's not even funny how much I adore this kid. I wish we'll be seeing more of him in the future because it shouldn't always be about the popular kids. Especially when we have such a sweet character among the less-popular group.

KC- despite what's been happening with him this season, I still have a soft spot for this kid. That and I truly believe that he will finally own up to his mistakes. Deep down he's a good kid, just terribly lost and confused. But hey, he never really had a parent so it's undersandable he felt lost when he first heard about the pregnancy. And as much as I dislike Kenna, i can't wait to see him interact with his child. I'm oddly excited for that.

Dave- I don't know how to explain my fondness for this guy. It's just there.

Fitz and Eli- Because I just can't decide which one I prefer. At first they can seem completely different, but once you look close enough you see how similiar they actually are. And the traits they share are the ones I like best about their characters, so it's impossible for me to choose. They are both strong, hardheaded and they never back down. They accept the craziness one throws at another, only to reverse roles next time around. And they anticipate it. They are both interesting because their drive to fight, despite being exactly the same, comes from two very different places and I can't wait to figure it all out. Also, the reason for mentioning them together is my belief, that they probably wouldn't be my favorites if it wasn't for the rivalry.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Favorites for the upcoming second half of season 11:

...ummm.

Unpopular opinion: KC. I like all his screw ups and flaws. I've always felt like I understood him on some level and don't just dismiss the things he does as being a jerk.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Craig will always be a favorite of mine even though I'm not a fan of him in later seasons.

For the new male characters I like KC and Riley the most.

Oh yeah and the DILF:

Didn't know you felt that way about Joey Jeremiah.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Favorite Old hotties: Spinner, Declan (he's part of the Old Show dammit!), Sean, Riley (he's part of the Old Show too...), Blue, Sam the lifeguard and Peter.

Favorite New Hotties: Jake, Fitz and Owen, though I like the latter less now that they started trying to pass him off as a good person.

Favorite male characters from the Old Show: Riley, Spinner, Peter, Sean, Marco, KC (Like Declan and Riley and the show in general, his story went downhill once the New Stuff started, so he's part of the Old Show too), Blue, Jimmy, Toby, JT, Sam the lifeguard.

Favorite guys from the New Stuff: Jake, Fitz, Connor before season 11, Wesley. And Adam kind of sort of.

"YES OF COURSE I IRON MY UNDERWEAR. I AM NOT A HEATHEN EMMETT."

Last edited by Squall_L.; 10-11-2011 at 09:12 PM
Squall_L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

SEAN! all the freaking way
Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

The boys are really taking over in my opinion. Each season the guys seem to get more and more compelling. In Now or Never they really shined for me. Eli and Drew are probably my favorite characters going into the second half of season 11. And when I think about the characters I dislike... none of the current boys come to mind. Save maybe for Owen- but he's slowly getting better in my opinion.

I hope that we see more of Jake outside of the "boyfriend" role. I love his easy going personality.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

And 3 and a half years later, it's now Season 14 and our favs and least favs? Well, for me.....

Favorites- Dallas, Zig and Tiny
Least Favorites- Miles, Eli and Tristan

That was actually a pretty easy list for me to make in both regards. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Addicted Fan

As of right now my favorites are-

Jay Hogart- I loved how he evolved without getting a real storyline not related to romances. He grew gradually and still kept his wit throughout his time on the show.

Dave Turner- He was good with the plots he was given and I always hoped he would be given more of a serious plot after he proved he could handle it with the Jacinta plot. I was disappointed that he left before graduation.

Peter Stone- I found him entertaining since his first episode.

Drew Torres- Always liked him but I grew to love him more as his character grew up.

Spinner Mason- Always loved him. Still miss him a lot.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jay Hogart, Spinner Mason, Declan Coyne, and Craig Manning.
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm pretty sure I have never answered this thread? I start thinking about all the ways to try to pick. I usually end up having a favorite season for each character. Anyone want to try this?

Here's all the characters that have graduated (did I miss anyone):
Campbell Saunders
Adam Torres
Dave Turner
Connor DeLaurier
Wesley Betencamp
K.C. Guthrie
Drew Torres
Mike Dallas
Luke Baker
Mo Mashkour
Jake Martin
Owen Milligan
Mark "Fitz" Fitzgerald
Eli Goldsworthy
Zane Park
Riley Stavros
Declan Coyne
Sav Bhandari
Blue Chessex
Johnny Dimarco
Lucas Valieri
Kelly Ashoona
Peter Stone
Derek Haig
Danny Van Zandt
Craig Manning
Jimmy Brooks
Spinner Mason
Marco Del Rossi
Jay Hogart
Sean Cameron
JT Yorke
Toby Isaacs
Joey Jeremiah
"Snake" Simpson

Yeah that's going to need to be broken down so it isn't so overwhelming.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

i'm pretty sure Campbell didn't exactly....graduate.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He did graduate, just in a different way. So did JT. I deleted Rick but I could have included him too...Rick in season 3 or 4? Maybe Cam was only in one season, whatever season that was. 12? Maybe the seasons each character appeared should also be listed. Hey, this might be useful later on.

So graduate was a bad word. Maybe I should be like Drake...they were fired from Degrassi. They are gone!

I see my answers above, the gorgeous gif finally caught my eye. KC was mentioned in 2009 and 2011. He might be my all time fave. I'll give him 2015 as well.
But bless Paula Brancati:

[♥]

Last edited by kaleidocat; 10-26-2015 at 12:01 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread