For now I'll lie around
hell, that's all I can really do
She takes good care of me
Just keep saying my love is true

Old 05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue
Can you upload the Clash's "Should I Stay Or Should I Go"? I've never heard that song before and I'm wondering what it sounds like.
OMFG! I love this song, not my favorite Clash song, but it's still a very good song comapred to other things. Anyways, I have the CD so ill upload it for you
just give me a few minutes.

ETA: I have it but I imported it to iTunes, so its in mpeg4 format, i think. Sorry.
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...W2UVQKAXD1F7TG

Last edited by JazminM5; 05-20-2005 at 05:48 PM
Old 05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for trying Jazmin. Sadly, my Windows Media Player isn't able to play that kind of file. I've never even seen that kind of file type before. Oh well.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Neutron Dance was terrible. Maybe ditching his friends wasn't Ashley's fault, but Craig still shouldn't have done it. Somebody said that Craig simple decided to go through another door of opportunities. ASHLEY WASN'T GOING ANYWHERE!! The recording studio was easily a once in a lifetime opportunity. Craig blew a big chance. He could have alwasy gotten back together with Ashley afterwards. Maybe even make a dedication to her during the recording. Craig was an idiot. And it didn't make Crash look good.
ITA. Plus, he ruined his own friends' dreams. There was no reason he couldn't have waited until after the recording session. But Craig's already starting to regret his decision, so he knows that he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity. The price you pay for choosing a girl over your friends and dreams.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I know. I'm so glad to know he's regretting it. Serves him right for putting a girl who use to make his life hell over his friends who have supported him through it. I mean, who helped him win the band competition in the first place when he was competing against Ashley? I can't believe Craig let himself go so overboard for Ashley. If it was all about her, why didn't he just give up the band after they broke up? I doubt if Ash's band had won the competiton, she would have ran out after Craig. And in this case, it WAS all about him. But the Downtown Sasquatch? That was never about Ash. That was four friends making music together, trying to live out a dream. Friendship. Which is one of the reasons Ashley just didn't belong there.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I can no longer stand Crash. I realized that the only reason I ever shipped them was because of familiariy. I have been in relationships like that and I have seen many around me like that. Being with someone who loves you and then hates you the next minute is hell. Emotional rollercoaster is not fun and they are especially bad for people that are Bipolar. Since they need stability in their lives (well everyone does). I have also notice that their communication is really bad. Ash is afraid to take him out of fear that he will have an episode or something. Craig can't be honest with his feelings, well at least not GDTR. He also doesn't trust her. They both need therapy. I suspect Ash has some sort of personality disorder like borderline. However I am sure she will never be diagnosed with it.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow. Well, I'm glad to see more people are managing to understand and agree with our point of view. Everything you said is true. I've noticed that a some people ship Crash because they can relate to the couple, or that they know a couple like Crash. Besides, it's the specifics that are the worst with Crash. Not just that they're generally a very bumpy couple. So it really annoys me when people say that just because Crash has some bumps, it's no big deal. These aren't just BUMPS. They're problems, they're conflicts. As for their lack of communication, I actually think Craig is able to open up and express his feelings better than Ashley. When he was bothered by the way she kept talking about his meds and such, he told her about it. But Ashley doesn't trust Craig enough to open up to him. Otherwise her lashing at the end of GDTR I might have been prevented.

Now, I don't know if you're serious about suddenly not liking Crash or not. It does seem rather sudden since you're so active in the Angsty Artist thread. If you're serious, I'm happy for you. I guess we should start giving all Crash fans the benefit of a doubt.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Getting back to the band thing. Even if Craig did end up getting his friends back(Showing just how great of a friend Marco really is), doesn't mean what he did was justifiable and okay. Doesn't change the fact that he never should have done it. Doesn't change the fact that he ditched his friends for his ex-girlfriend. Doesn't change the fact that after the band has been there for him no matter what, he didn't return the favor. And how many times do I have to make this clear. Spinner only said that stuff to Craig in GDTR because HE WANTED TO BECOME HIS FRIEND AGAIN! Oh sure, he all of a sudden decided she was a good addition. Are you kidding? He hated her in the band. Do you really think he would have still said that if he had never lost his friends? If so then my God you're naive.

So by pointing out that Craig's friends forgave him afterwards is COMPLETELY beside the point. It doesn't make what he did in Neutron Dance okay. Marco and Spinner were still mad at him. He should not have ditched them like that, period. They forgave Craig because they're his friends, not because they accepted what he did. And that includes Spinner.

Craig cheated on Ashley and she forgave him. Does that make his cheating okay?

Last edited by Virtue; 05-20-2005 at 09:10 PM
Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks for trying Jazmin. Sadly, my Windows Media Player isn't able to play that kind of file. I've never even seen that kind of file type before. Oh well.
okay this one should work
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R3HZ84567XNA2F
Old 05-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazminM5
That was so cool! I really like the beat of the song. This is actually the very first time I've ever heard a song by The Clash. So I'm surprised to hear what they sound like. Anyways, thanks!

Old 05-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow. Well, I'm glad to see more people are managing to understand and agree with our point of view. Everything you said is true. I've noticed that a some people ship Crash because they can relate to the couple, or that they know a couple like Crash. Besides, it's the specifics that are the worst with Crash. Not just that they're generally a very bumpy couple. So it really annoys me when people say that just because Crash has some bumps, it's no big deal. These aren't just BUMPS. They're problems, they're conflicts. As for their lack of communication, I actually think Craig is able to open up and express his feelings better than Ashley. When he was bothered by the way she kept talking about his meds and such, he told her about it. But Ashley doesn't trust Craig enough to open up to him. Otherwise her lashing at the end of GDTR I might have been prevented.

Now, I don't know if you're serious about suddenly not liking Crash or not. It does seem rather sudden since you're so active in the Angsty Artist thread. If you're serious, I'm happy for you. I guess we should start giving all Crash fans the benefit of a doubt.

I know it does seem rather sudden. I was pretty much in denial, since their relationship is probably the most "normal" relationship to me there is. I realized about 2 days ago my reason for shipping then. I was actually going to wait awhile longer to see if I could find any other reason why I did like them, but I decided against it. As for people I have seen in on again/off again relationships the only ones I have seen stay together are ones that involve children and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they eventually fail.

Before it didn't bother me much about Ash always nagging Craig about his meds. Then I got to thinking, she got so obsessed with it, that she didn't even actually see Craig. All she saw was the bipolar disorder. Why wasn't she seeing a professional to deal with her worries and fears towards his disorder. It's not far fetched, it's no different than when someone gets counseling when a loved one has cancer or something.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 05-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree. Craig spent the whole episode of Secret worrying about people treating him different because of his disorder. And he had a right to worry. Because that's exactly what Ashley did. I understand she's one of those people who tends to get overly concerned. But sometimes good intentions don't make things right. She should have listened to Craig when he asked her to treat him like a boyfriend and not someone she has to take care of. Some people actually defended Ashley in GDTR saying things like "She needed to get away. She needs to take a break from taking care of Craig." And that makes me mad because it was never her job to take care of him and he specifically told her not to feel that way. If she feels pressured, it's her own fault, not his. He was being responsible and keeping his disorder under control with his meds. And if Ash isn't going to trust him, then maybe these two don't understand eachother as much as people always say. Honestly, that claim is getting seriously overrated.

Joey is Craig's guardian, it's natural for him to feel that way. But Craig never had the same heartfelt talk with Joey asking him not to treat him differently. He told Ashley, and Ashley should have understand that. And again, I do not care how good her intentions were. She should have listened to Craig and not lashed out at him later. I hate it when people excuse her for it. How could anybody deny her overreacting(I guess it comes from being a Crash fan). Seriosuly I don't understand how people can compare Ashley to Joey. When oh when are they EVER gonna get over themselves and admitt when something in the relationship is wrong? Ashley is Craig's girlfriend, and she should have understood how he felt. I don't care how many examples the AAs have. It's not the same. Ashley should have udnerstood Craig, PERIOD. And if they're going to continue to excuse her than DROP THE DAMM CLAIM!!

Is this their way of showing us they're not "blind"? Hah.

Last edited by Virtue; 05-21-2005 at 10:36 AM
Old 05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue
Some people actually defended Ashley in GDTR saying things like "She needed to get away. She needs to take a break from taking care of Craig." And that makes me mad because it was never her job to take care of him and he specifically told her not to feel that way. If she feels pressured, it's her own fault, not his. He was being responsible and keeping his disorder under control with his meds. And if Ash isn't going to trust him, then maybe these two don't understand eachother as much as people always say. Honestly, that claim is getting seriously overrated.
I was actually one of those people for awhile. I really don't see a problem with her going to London, but the way she handled it wasn't good and the reason wasn't. Like you said it isn't her job to take care of Craig. Besides that Craig needs to depend on himself to take his medications. If he has someone constantly reminding him then it takes him away from his own responsiblity.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 05-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, maybe I should have more faith that more people will see the light. This is just getting insane. No matter how many times they excuse Ashley, it just gets lamer and lamer. They just don't get it. I'm glad that you've finalyl came along. I didn't want to rub it in and claim a victory on our side. That's not necessary. I'm just happy not all people are closed minded. Seriously, I'm getting really sick of this. And how do they know Manny would have pestered Craig nonstop? What makes them think Manny wouldn't have LISTENED to Craig when he asked her to be his grilfriend and treat him like a regular boyfriend? Just because Ashley is overly obsessive, doesn't automatically mean any girl would be. This is really getting ridiculous.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

That doesn't seem like Manny to me. I also think she would make him goulash, she did make him a scarf. It's really not that far off. I don't always support all the reasons in the threads I belong to.

Icon by Periwinkles
Closed Thread   Post New Thread