Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Someone mentioned in TVTome how they saw both Craig and Ashley as "dark" characters. I think this may explain how some people find things to like about Crash. They might just see things that we don't. Because what is plainly there, sucks. But because they can't explain it, they dig up reasons to like them. Or maybe if they've been in a relationship like Crash's before(Then boy do I feel sorry for them). Or maybe they just really, really like Ashley and are biased about the whole thing. The way the couple physically looks together is still the main reason so many people like them. The writers are seriously just trying to soak people up by making those two cutesy and perfect looking together as possible. And it's getting really tiring.

Sadly it has been working. People are so in love with their adorable image that they absolutely refuse to believe that they're a bad couple. And when it's proven, they deny it in whatever way they can. I mean, they just look so perfect together! I mean, they both have short brown hair, they're both tall, they both play music, they both dress the same. It is so meant to be! Oh but they're not going to admitt those are the main reasons because it would make them look shallow. So they cook stuff up... Okay, so Ashley was there for Craig when his dad died, and gave him those bull**** promises at the end of Voices Carry II. So let's say that they're always there for eachother! Okay, so they look so freakin' alike...let's say that they have a lot on common! Alright....from there all they can do is make stuff up.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

and the fact of the matter is, they cant say craig brings out the fun side of ashley when he's the main source of her misery. EVERY EPISODE they've dated they either fought, someone yelled at the other or they just completely broke up. I honestly think that other than physical appearances, crash fans only like the two because they are played out as "meant to be" so they disregard all their fights and problems. I hate when people assume that couples are meant to be just because they fight and get back together all the time, that isnt meant to be, that is stupid if you ask me. I rememeber i used to be like that, i thought semma were "meant to be" because they fought and got back togther all the time but then i realized that doesnt make a couple meant to be, it makes them dysfunctional. but as dysfunctional as semma can be sometimes ib actually understood the dynamic of their relationship, i actually understood the point of it and i actually understood why they were attracted to one another. No matter how meant to be the writers want to make crash i will never understand their relationship and why they are attracted to one another. Music can only get someone so far. Craig and Ashley's personalities ar extremely different so realisticly i can never see them gettting along too well, emo or no emo.

And what makes me laugh even more is that some crash fans are wishing for that crash reunion where they end up getting married and it has me wonder....do these people honestly think a marriage between craig and ashley will last? HELL NO it wouldnt last! they'll fight some more end and end once more.

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I could see Craig wanting to get married straight out of high school, but Ashley wants "space" and like Caitlin when she turned down Joey, "she wants to see stuff and do things." She might not even want kids and we know Craig definitely wants that family. If the wedding thing is pushed, then I so agree Chin that a marriage between these two will definitely not last!
Old 05-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I already covered the marriage thing in the myths. All Crash fans do is think wishfully. Craig is so obsessed with love and comfort that he was willing to want to start a family with Manny when he found out she was pregnant. In that case, the Crash fans go on and on about how you know Craig was acting on his bipolarity. But when it comes to the way he acts around Ashley, *sigh*it's true love. The emotions Craig showed Manny throughout Accidents Will Happen are the exact same kind of emotions he's been showing Ashley ever since they got back together. And people blame the way he acted in Accidents Will Happen on him being bipolar. So what does that say with his entire relationship with Ashley? And I'm not just talking about Voices Carry. Ever since they got back together. From Neutron Dance to Going Down The Road. It's the exact same behaviour. Only worse. This time he got so bad that they finally REALIZED that he's bipolar.

Of course...Craig's unhealthy obsessive attitude is looked upon as "truly in love" by Crash fans. But if you compare it to his EXACT SAME BEHAVIOUR in Accidents Will Happen, well, they'll go on and on about how we was just obsessive and crazy. It's all just about convienience.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

what i find funny that crash fans say that cranny was unhealthy because the situation seemed one-sided and tht manny was getting into a lot of trouble over a dead-beat relationship but cant the exact same thing be said for crash???at that, cant WORSE be said for crash: craig gave up his dreams for ashley, gave up his friends for ashley, pretty much gave up his relationship with joey for ashley, went off meds an ran away having everyone worried sick and causing jaitlin to fight AND break up again. so somebody please tell me what is so healthy about crash's relationship? the crash fans motto is, "the are in tune with music and they fight and get back together constantly so they are meant to be." i'm sorry but that is complete bull.

and one thing i found funny is that crash fans actually think a marriage between craig and ahley will last, Ha! apparently they arent aware of how dysfunctional crash really are.

and the one thing that baffles me is that crash fans always say crash is better because they have a lot in common and cranny dont. well if crash ghave a lot in common they why do they always fight? why do they understand nothing about each other?

Stefan&Katherine

Last edited by LotusRises; 05-18-2005 at 11:00 AM
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Both Crash and Cranny can be consider unhealthy in different way, but both fanbases usually try to ignore them and focus on what's wrong with the opposing couple. I can understand why the Chokers feel the way they do. I mean, the circumstance in which Craig and Manny got together in the first place isn't the greatest. And Manny was being a tad sleazy in Against All Odds. He has a girlfriend, and she was pretty much allowing herself to be used. Up until Holiday, I didn't think their relationship was much. But after seeing how much the truly care about eachother, and then seeing just how much happy his was with her than Ashley, I have always prefered Cranny. The way they portrayed Crash in Holiday was downright pathetic, and I cannot believe people could still think Crash was better. It was best that both girls broke up with him. In fact, I'm not sure if I even want Cranny together again after what Craig said to Manny in Bark At The Moon. That's a broken heart right there. Of course he was too busy thinking "Well, Ash is giving me sex so I don't need to worry about cheating anymore" to care.

See, I can recognize Cranny's fault. But when it comes to the fanbase of Crash, we can safely say that "Denial" is their motto. They absolutely refuse to accept all of Crash's faults because they want to maintain Crash has this perfect couple who look so cute together and play music together. And after being put in their place so much, you'd think that they would drop the whole "they have so much in common" claim by now. Nope. Like I said before, they dig for other reasons to say Crash are such a great couple because their core reasons are so shallow and unacceptable. They're NOT their for eachother no matter what, break ups and make ups do NOT make them a good couple, and above all, they should NOT have to need eachother. I don't understand it. They say that space is a good thing, but at the same time they want Craig and Ashley to need eachother. It just doesn't make sense. This vacation is a good way for them to set back and really reflect on what's been happening lately. It may help them to realize that they made a mistake. I think the idea that they love and need eachother was thought up WHILE THEY WERE TOGETHER. It's not something that will become a realization while they're apart. The fans make it sound so romantic. But again, "Denial" is their motto. Because they haven't stop to think that perhaps this speration over the summer will give Craig and Ash the opportunity to see what they've gotten themselves into. Instead, they make up some romantic theory like "It'll help them realize they truly love and need eachother." Keep dreaming.

Now I still hate Ashley separate as well as with Craig. But I can see how his relationship was Ashley has ruined Craig. She made him into a cheater, then she tried to make his life hell, then she made him into a senseless obsessive romantic. The period of time in the begining of seaosn four before they got together, not only was he more laid back and mellow, but we got to see his photography side! We never get to see that when he's with Ashley. And photography was his original passion. After he got back together with Ashley, his hobby basically became her. He didn't even want to make music without her. But I don't understand why he took off from the recording studio. He and Ash were only friends, she wasn't going to run out on him. She understood. I think this was the writers attempt to build up this big romantic scene where Craig and Ash could get back together. Big mistake. Because not only were fans mad at him for abandoning his friends, but it looked as though he was blowing his future for her. Craig was wrong. The realitiy is that ASHLEY would always be there, but the recording studio....hell no. He blew it. It was all just so sad and stupid. I'm so relieved we got to see Spinner and Marco confront him in Voices Carry. Otherwise I would have felt like the writers were too busy getting Crash back together to care. But of course, Ash went in with her totally selfish "Craig and I are back together. That's it. I'm really happy." Sure, who cares if you hurt your friends feelings. You have me now! If she were such a great girlfriend she would have convinced Craig to try to work things out with them. How can she live with herself knowing that Craig not only blew a huge opportunity for her, but abandoned his friends for her? That is not cool nor romantic. But Ash was too busy thinking about her own happiness to care.

I have more reasons.

Because the recording studio would NOT always be there. He blew it to chase after some chick.
Because the writers are trying too hard to make them romantic and it looks forced.
Because those those cheesy little pecks are starting to get really annoying and overdone.
Because Jake and Melissa don't look comfortable with eachother onscreen.
Because she should have told him to work things out with his friends
Because he gave Manny an insensitive apology because all he cared about was Ash putting out now
Because a hot line like 'I'll smother you in sweat" was followed by a PECK.
Because he can write great music without her.
Because this time apart will help them realize that they DON'T need eachother.
Because she used sex to show that she was the whole package.
Because sometimes good intentions still don't make things right.
Because she said she "got it" and she didn't.
Because even his one kiss with Marco had more passionate than any of his kisses with Ash.
Because their cutesy image forces people to deny they're bad for eachother.
Because pestering doesn't help

Last edited by Virtue; 05-18-2005 at 12:05 PM
Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's true Virtue. Very true.
3. True love
4. Cute and Cuddly____see Cassie and Ryan
Give JT Yorke A Family
Crash and Burn, The Supaflys, Ryan Cooley, Cassie Steele, Miriam Macdonald
Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I agree with a majority of what you just said. and i agree, that BATM made me iffy on whether i still liked cranny but after understanding the argument and understanding how craig has become this season, i didnt take too seriously. while i stilll recognize that it was horrible, i also recognize what got him there and what mad him act and say such a stupid thing.

and on the crash part i TOTALLY agree, although i have come to realize that i dont hate the character that is ashley so much, just how she is in her relationship with craig. in turn, i hate craig when he's with ashley. ashley has always bothereed me in season 1 and 2 esp for the way she treated jimmy, for the fact that she was a conformist and she called hima conformist and accused him of wanting her to conform----and then conformed yet AGAIN the next year for craig. so although the beginning of my ashley hate was actually in DIB, a jimash episode, it didnt escalate until SISOSIG when i thought ashley was totally overreacting. but i recognize that even through her constant hypocritical ways and overdramatic attitude, she is still ALOT more tolerable when she's in a 20 mile radius AWAY from craig.

Stefan&Katherine

Last edited by LotusRises; 05-18-2005 at 12:19 PM
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, we haven't really gotten to see Ashley that far away from Craig since season two. All of season four she has been right by his side. And all of season three every episode she was in either was about Craig, involved Craig, or had something to do with Craig. So it's kind of interesting that you've managed to like her away from Craig when she hasn't been away from him for a very long time. And like I've said before, Ashley has merely taken her famous personality and brought it into the relationship, causing it to fall. I feel sorry for Craig. To have a girlfriend like Ashley. Her attitude in SISOSIG was extremely annoying and at the same time not one that she magically picked up once she started dating Craig. That has always been the type of person she is and it's one of the reasons I don't like her character in general. Ashley's personality is what's contributing to making the relationship so awful. The way she acts around Craig isn't just a personality she picked up while dating him. That has ALWAYS been her. That's Ashley, with or without Craig. If Craig wasn't making her miserable, something else would be. But I don't think Ashley is any less annoying alone than when she's with Craig. Craig isn't the one making Ashley an annoying character. It's always been who Ashley is. She just brought it into the relationship.

In order to be a good character, Ashley has to stop feeling sorry for herself, stay far away from dating, try to enjoy her life single, and most of all try to find different interests. The songs she writes, they're not going to help her drop the moodiness.Because right now, even a single Ashley would totally suck. Her character needs to change entirely, period.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

what i meant really is when she's not dating craig like in GITM & ND she wasnt annoying so much. CRAIG was actually the more annoying one in ND because he was the one who made he decision to leave his friends for a girl. also in season 2, ashley wasnt annoying so much except in KC and DIB. she was pretty damn annoying in season 1 but it just didnt feel anywhere as annoying as SIOSIG, RnRH, IWC, VC nd GDTR. so ashley dealing with her depression over craig is always the most annoying ahley. while w/ or w/o craig she's annoying, but W/ craig its 10 times worse.

Stefan&Katherine

Last edited by LotusRises; 05-18-2005 at 12:56 PM
Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wasn't the reason about the kiss with Marco being more passionate already used?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did you guys see the Caitlin/Joey-Crash ship thread? The endless comparisons are annoying.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I forgot. I think there may have already been something like that up there. There are a lot of reasons on that list that have Marco in them. Oh well.

Yeah, I heard about that thread. I'm glad it dropped(Or is it back up??). The comparisons don't bother me because anybody's who's truly familiar with the old Degrassi and Jaitlin know that Crash in NOTHING like them. And this just proves how little those people know about the couple.They take little similar personalities like how Caitlin could be moody sometimes, and they try to compare her to Ashley. The only person who can be compared to Caitlin back then is Emma throughout the seasons before season four. Now is Ashley anything like Emma? No? Well than she's NOTHING like Caitlin. Although I think Caitlin was a little more polite than Emma. But still Ashley is absolutely NOTHING like her.

As for Joey, he and Sean don't share a lot of personality similarities. But he's also not much like Craig either. Sure, they both dream of being rockstars. But Joey was a doofus. He was constantly immature, cocky, self absorbed, and sexist. Basically, Joey was one of a kind. Neither Craig or Sean compare to him personality wise. What makes Sean compare to him is that they both have trouble at school, they both got held back, and they both fell for a girl that was pretty much the exact opposite of them. Personality wise, Sean was pretty much like Rick, who also dated Caitlin.

But the important and most crucial thing about Jaitlin is that they were OPPOSITE'S ATTRACT. That's what they were all about. If a couple doesn't have the opposite's attract thing going on, they are not like Jaitlin. And I mean REAL opposite's attract. Totally different interests, totally different attitudes. I don't care if Crash get the same storylines. In season one, Terri got drunk before a dance, just like Stephanie in DJH. Does that mean Terri is the next Stephanie? The reason the writers are giving Crash old Jaitlin storylines is because they want to recycle them with Degrassi:TNG's most popular couple. Not necessarily who is exactly like Jaitlin. So now the fans are getting all of these ideas. I actually think it's extremely insulting that they think Crash is the next Jaitlin. They obviously know nothnig about the couple.

And Craig has NEVER brought out the fun side in Ashley! What is WRONG with these people??

Old 05-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue
But the important and most crucial thing about Jaitlin is that they were OPPOSITE'S ATTRACT. That's what they were all about. If a couple doesn't have the opposite's attract thing going on, they are not like Jaitlin. And I mean REAL opposite's attract. Totally different interests, totally different attitudes.
Wow I guess Jiberty really are the resurrection of Jaitlin then. =/

Crash doesn't have much in common or the kind of opposites that are beneficial to each other at all. Bleh to Crash.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

i have a bad habit of sneaking in their thread and the crashers were saying that they think craig likes ashley's "passion". i think the only thing craig likes about ashley or ANY girl for that matter is the chase. craig wants to be the chaser which was prob a majority of the reason why he rejected manny. notice how craig runs to manny when she dumped him in the middle of holiday when he initially hesitated to break up with ashley or how he initiated the relationship with manny in AWH or how he played the 'jealous boyfriend' in the beginning of season 4, craig wants to play a doormat and i dont know why.

but to get back on the other topic, MANY couples have mirrored jailin in many different ways including jiberty and even cranny didin Holiday but does it make those couples "the next jaitlin"? no. like tasha said, craig and ashley really arent alike apart from the music but at the same time, they arent the type of opposites that would attract and the writers try to force it down our throats that crash belong BECAUSe they're "so alike" which is not at all what the writers wanted to do with jaitlin.

Stefan&Katherine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread