Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Say what you want about Miley Cyrus but I didn't even watch the VMAs aside from her and Robin's performance and somehow found myself watching her new music video Wrecking Ball...the marketing is working.
Same. And "Wrecking Ball" has been stuck in my head since yesterday and hearing the song only once. I guess that's a testament to how catchy it is...
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

I try to avoid commenting about music because it inevitably ends up sounding pretentious and condescending. I guess if this stuff is successful someone likes it, so good for them that they're enjoying themselves.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's a good attitude to have.

As for the Miley video, I watched it with the sound off. Somehow I was still able to enjoy it.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I see that I never actually got to my point with that post. That was all sort of a preface to say that I'm not criticizing when I say that I laughed aloud while watching Miley sexually lick a sledgehammer and ride a wrecking ball like a tire swing in the nude. It was just so ridiculous. And all the awkward eye contact. So much eye contact.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Speaking of awkward, did anyone see the picture that one of the remote cameras caught during the recent NASA rocket launch? You can't help but think about how that frog got there, and you can't but not want to think about what became of him.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I checked out the PLL board and everyone is freaking out. The reactions are split 1/3 in denial, 1/3 angry, 1/3 super excited.

I'm in the latter category, obvs.

But a few of them made good points that the summer finale always reveals a "fake" A who is later revealed not to be A, but was somehow "tricked" into looking like A. IDK. And I don't care. EZRA IS A. REJOICE!!!!
who do you ship there?
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Same. And "Wrecking Ball" has been stuck in my head since yesterday and hearing the song only once. I guess that's a testament to how catchy it is...
Haha the same thing happened to me. It wasn't as painful as some other pop songs though. Cassie Steele in the band Karmel with that Underwear song was hands down the worst. I was listening to Natasha Beddngfield and PARIS HILTON in an effort to exorcise my brain. (my computer just crashed in an effort to avoid playing that song again. weird!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
Oh, I see that I never actually got to my point with that post. That was all sort of a preface to say that I'm not criticizing when I say that I laughed aloud while watching Miley sexually lick a sledgehammer and ride a wrecking ball like a tire swing in the nude. It was just so ridiculous. And all the awkward eye contact. So much eye contact.
Again, Karamel - Underwear. And it makes me sad because that's our Cassie.

Speaking of songs that stick in your head someone on Reddit shared this:

Not only will it stick in your head...you don't know who even performs it!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Watched the national news tonight and the first half was devoted to two stories- the shooting at the DC Navy Yard, and the flooding in Colorado.

That's just depressing.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

All the summer shows are winding down. I don't think anyone is watching - but if you do, speak up - but I got pretty into Siberia. It seems some of the audience is disappointed with the ending but I'm kind of on the edge with it. I hate that we didn't get answers to much of the mystery (especially things that suggested time travel) but I'm crossing my fingers for a season 2. Maybe SyFy will pick it up? The cast seems hopeful for a season 2. I'm 2 episodes behind Under the Dome. I haven't watched Big Brother in a few weeks but I've been up to date on everything. I'm...okay...with the winner I guess. I'm not sure who I was even rooting for once mid-season. I guess maybe Helen?

Fall TV is starting up right? What is everyone watching? I've got to see what Sleepy Hollow is about.

Oh yeah...and The Killing was cancelled. Boo. But they did this once before and brought it back. AMC is really frustrating. A couple of their other shows are coming to an end too? And now they are bringing in some Walking Dead spin-off? I love the show but maybe it is too much.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The only summer shows I ended up watching were The Bridge, which still has a couple episodes left and Camp, which was a fun little show.

Sleepy Hollow definitely reminded me a bit of Grimm. The first episode was mostly a setup, but I enjoyed it enough to keep watching. I also figure it should get better as the focus becomes tighter.

I also watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, the new show with Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher. Things picked up when the latter showed up, although overall it was pretty funny.

Of the other new shows, I'm going to watch the Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. or whatever the hell it's called and my 80's nostalgia will draw me to The Goldbergs. I'll probably also check out The Blacklist, The Michael J. Fox show and maybe The Crazy Ones.

Tuesday is going to be the bitch for me. I count no fewer than eight shows on that night alone that I plan on watching with four airing during the 8:00 hour (on different networks). Thank god for the DVR, and On Demand/online viewing. That's going to come in mighty handy on that night.

I haven't read a thing about The Walking Dead spin-off other than the headlines. I suppose I should check that out.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
All the summer shows are winding down. I don't think anyone is watching - but if you do, speak up - but I got pretty into Siberia. It seems some of the audience is disappointed with the ending but I'm kind of on the edge with it. I hate that we didn't get answers to much of the mystery (especially things that suggested time travel) but I'm crossing my fingers for a season 2. Maybe SyFy will pick it up? The cast seems hopeful for a season 2. I'm 2 episodes behind Under the Dome. I haven't watched Big Brother in a few weeks but I've been up to date on everything. I'm...okay...with the winner I guess. I'm not sure who I was even rooting for once mid-season. I guess maybe Helen?

Fall TV is starting up right? What is everyone watching? I've got to see what Sleepy Hollow is about.

Oh yeah...and The Killing was cancelled. Boo. But they did this once before and brought it back. AMC is really frustrating. A couple of their other shows are coming to an end too? And now they are bringing in some Walking Dead spin-off? I love the show but maybe it is too much.
I watch sleepy hollow, good wife, HIMYM, and BBT. Also, I may check out Elementary, I liked the ep I saw. I also watch white collar and awkward.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So I watched the Breaking Bad finale tonight.

Even though prior to that I had seen all of about 20 minutes of the show in its history.

I think I'll start making a habit of that. When does Mad Men end?

I've been reading up on the new season of The Walking Dead and they hired another actor from the Wire. This makes me very happy.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
When does Mad Men end?
Rude. But for your information it will end sometime in spring/summer 2015. This is because the geniuses at AMC decided to split next season (the last season) into two 7-episode installments, like they did with Breaking Bad. So season 7A will air next year, and 7B will air the following year. Ugh.

I wanted to post here about something funny that happened to me last week. So, this should come as no surprise, but I have never actually admitted to anyone IRL that I watch Pretty Little Liars. (Other than my mom, obviously, since I made the mistake of getting her hooked on it too in the summer of 2010.) But PLL is such a bad, embarrassing, and embarrassingly bad show that I would never actually bring it up in conversation... ever. Well, last week at work, one of my coworkers mentioned that she watches it and loves it. She was going on and on about how great it is (unironically). And then another one of my coworkers chimed in, "Oh, I love it too!" And then I was like, "Uh... guys? I watch that show too but was too ashamed to admit it..." It's important to note that they're both in their 30s.

I mean, it would have been more exciting to find out that they watch Degrassi, but that's kind of a longshot!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
I wanted to post here about something funny that happened to me last week. So, this should come as no surprise, but I have never actually admitted to anyone IRL that I watch Pretty Little Liars.
Same. And I always hope that my neighbors can't hear it if I have my window open. I mute the Degrassi theme song for the same reason. I'm happy it isn't open window weather anymore!

Your post reminded me of all how it comes a time in every relationship where I am forced to introduce my SO to Degrassi...mostly to Craig/Crash. I'm not sure if I get some rabid former teenage fan girl look in my eyes but they always have a positive reaction.

The Walking Dead tonight! I'm going to be watching Nosferatu on TCM instead because it is October. Probably will catch the encore. It is going to hurt to see Andrea not there.

Of the new fall shows I think I like The Crazy Ones the best. I'll probably keep up with The Michael J. Fox Show just because I've missed him. I watched The Frighteners recently and that just fuels this. If you aren't big on horror/thrillers/gore, this is a good Halloween movie for you.

Oh and yeah, I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Your post reminded me of all how it comes a time in every relationship where I am forced to introduce my SO to Degrassi...mostly to Craig/Crash. I'm not sure if I get some rabid former teenage fan girl look in my eyes but they always have a positive reaction.
It's so weird that my boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months, but I actually haven't introduced him to Degrassi yet. I KNOW. And trust me, I haven't been "hiding" it from him or anything -- all my DJH and Degrassi DVD box sets are on view in plain sight in my living room -- but somehow it hasn't come up! I think I always wanted him to be like "What is this weird show taking up an entire shelf on your bookcase" or something, and then I could launch into a 5-hour long lecture about my love for this Canadian teen soap opera.

It also could be because of our age difference. If I'm 10 years removed from Degrassi's target demographic, he's way, way removed. I'm fine with Degrassi being "my" thing!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread