Old 06-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope everything gets better.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
In other news, the Paula Deen racial controversy is like watching a car accident while you're on the highway. Yikes. I'd hate to be her public reputation committee.
I have read way too much about this. It has been fascinating. I don't really have an opinion other than I don't think it was this one incident that impacted the Food Network's decision to not renew her show. This wasn't the first controversy. And I can't help but think that America is starting to move away from the type of food she prepares. I'd love to see a show that is vegetarian focused or is about updating classic comfort food...

New The Next Food Network Star episode tonight!

And The Killing. Someone hold me. This show has such an impact on me. It is so freaking dark and it just sticks with me. And Hugh Dillon's character is really awful you guys. I've always liked the roles he plays because there is such this balance between "good" and "bad." I've always liked to try to understand them. And defend them a bit. I got a bit offended last week prior to seeing the episode when I saw a comment about how someone wished his character would die. Then I see the episode. I mean, Hugh is doing a fantastic job but if you didn't like him as Albert Manning the character he is playing on The Killing would freak you out. ‘The Killing’ questions the role of authority

I still need to watch the newest episode of Degrassi but I don't think I can with The Killing on tonight. Unless if I decide I need some teen drama to balance things out. I can never decide what to follow with show with. Stay dark or go light?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I have read way too much about this. It has been fascinating. I don't really have an opinion other than I don't think it was this one incident that impacted the Food Network's decision to not renew her show. This wasn't the first controversy. And I can't help but think that America is starting to move away from the type of food she prepares. I'd love to see a show that is vegetarian focused or is about updating classic comfort food...

New The Next Food Network Star episode tonight!

And The Killing. Someone hold me. This show has such an impact on me. It is so freaking dark and it just sticks with me. And Hugh Dillon's character is really awful you guys. I've always liked the roles he plays because there is such this balance between "good" and "bad." I've always liked to try to understand them. And defend them a bit. I got a bit offended last week prior to seeing the episode when I saw a comment about how someone wished his character would die. Then I see the episode. I mean, Hugh is doing a fantastic job but if you didn't like him as Albert Manning the character he is playing on The Killing would freak you out. ‘The Killing’ questions the role of authority
I still need to watch the newest episode of Degrassi but I don't think I can with The Killing on tonight. Unless if I decide I need some teen drama to balance things out. I can never decide what to follow with show with. Stay dark or go light?
Hmm.. I think I'm leaning against Paula Deen. Her food isn't healthy at all and just accepting her behavior would kind of be a slippery slope. And plus, it's time for new fresh faces and chefs to have a chance to be famous. I don't like it when reality shows/tv personalities go on forever, when their time slots could be given to someone else who could use the fame. I guess that's the only bright light I see in What Not to Wear ending after 10 years. The #PaulaDeenTVShows trend on Twitter is really funny, although a little offensive (Think Sarah Silverman).
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is anyone else watching The Fosters on ABC Family? I know a bunch of us watch Pretty Little Liars but how about Twisted? PLL and Twisted will be on in the background at my place but I'm pretty into The Fosters. New episode tonight!

Siberia is also premiering tonight. They put the pilot episode up on demand early so I've seen it already but I will watch it again. It is a scripted show about a game show like Survivor gone terribly wrong. I knew it was scripted going into it but then felt confused because it had that game show feeling. It had me questioning if I read an article about it wrong - so it was a good, weird thing. I'm excited for this.

I ended up checking out WhoDunnit? and that is much lighter than Siberia and an actual game show. It must be the Clue fan in me because I can't help but play along. Such a silly show though.

Annnnd I'm behind on Big Brother. I'll get caught up though.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Extreme Fan

What are The Fosters and Twisted about? I've seen ads for it everywhere but I don't know if it's worth a shot. Especially if ABCFamily is crazy about cancelling their shows. I don't want to get invested in something that'll get cancelled, you know?

Aaaand I finally finished South of Nowhere! It took about a year, but I finally scratched that off of my to do list. The middle of the show got a little boring, but things definitely picked up at the end. Now to catch up on my other shows.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Passionate Fan

The Fosters is about family run by two moms; the action starts when they take in a foster child named Callie. Twisted is about a boy named Danny who returns to his hometown after 5 years in juvie for killing his aunt; he's basically trying to gain everyone's trust back, especially his two former friends Lacey and Jo.

My summaries are kind of bad but I think both shows are worth a shot. I haven't been disappointed so far.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That's a pretty good description of The Fosters and Twisted. There's a lot of interesting family dynamic plots in The Fosters as well as the usual teen dramarama. It is pretty "go there" - at least for an ABC Family show - Family drama The Fosters pushes the envelope further.

I hope everyone had a good 4th and your pets survived the terrible boom boom nightmare day. Not my dogs. And this is not my cat, who is equally alarmed. My Cleo actually deals with fireworks better than I do. She just doesn't like the ones that whistle.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like twisted, couldn't get into it.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Passionate Fan

What about it did you not like?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I went to my sisters on the 4th and went to a BBQ where some small fireworks were being set off in the back yard- and yep there was a dog barking. Poor doggie.

Those were small fireworks, there was also some bigger ones that we saw in the air making a whole bunch of noise, and yep, those were set off by the guy who set off the other fireworks' son and my nephew.

I liked Twisted better than The Fosters, although both were pretty solid. I'm behind a few episodes, and I'm not sure I'll try to catch up. We'll see.

Did anyone watch the new Skins episode? I watched the first half but had to stop it because it was too late. That was a few nights ago and I haven't really made a move to go back and finish it, which might give you an indication of just how much that episode kept my attention.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Passionate Fan

I did. Kaya is very pretty but it wasn't that interesting. Maybe part two will be better.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I still think it's weird to do those things without more cast members involved.

I've been watching this clip on YouTube off and on over the last couple of days. Very funny. Very NSFW and NC17.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
What about it did you not like?
it's kind of slow for me. ABC family hasn't given word on lying game, so I won't watch it. I really like fosters.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So when I was younger, my brother would tease my sister about this kid in her class named Rod Henry. The teasing was really nothing more than pointing and saying "Rod Henry" because, well, it's just a funny name to pronounce. Even within in the last few years, I've heard him say "Aimee, there's Rod Henry..." and sure enough there he is.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Is anyone else watching Under The Dome? I'm feeling the urge to have a mini marathon of the first 3 eps...again. There are a lot of great shows out there this summer. And I'm getting into full Big Brother mode. I've never done the live feed thing but I've been watching Big Brother After Dark every night for the past few days.