Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Things in the news.....sigh. Sigh.

Nicole, I thought you'd get excited about my little brush with greatness that I mentioned in that previous post. Or maybe it isn't greatness?

I haven't watched Under the Dome, although I keep thinking about it. I did watch the first episode of The Bridge. It was pretty good, although I don't know how long I can handle watching that Diane Kruger character. She's gorgeous, though, so that has to count for something.

Big Brother After Dark? Aren't they showing that on TV Guide Network this year? Doesn't it kind of lose the point if.....things have to be censored?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 07-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Nicole, I thought you'd get excited about my little brush with greatness that I mentioned in that previous post. Or maybe it isn't greatness?
Oh! I didn't recognize the name at all...I'm used to reading TWOP and hearing him called "pie guy." Someone freaked me out the other day by kidding that he won and this was the premiere of his show. Sometimes I get confused when I'm watching Food Network Star and think I am watching Worst Cooks of America. I think that cutie who won from their last season should have a show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Big Brother After Dark? Aren't they showing that on TV Guide Network this year? Doesn't it kind of lose the point if.....things have to be censored?
They slapped a disclaimer on the show saying they don't condone any comments aired on the show after the big controversy. I like it being on TVGN just because I get that channel. But I do hope button boy doesn't get too happy with the censoring. I don't know if I have a BB favorite so far. I guess I'd go with Helen, Elissa, and Candice. Amanda too...maybe. I'd love to see a girl alliance for once. I want to root for McCrae and Howard but I'm still feeling a little iffy on them.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

does anyone watch A and E?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Passionate Fan

^ The TV station? Sometimes.

I have no idea where to ask this question, but can you guys access the MuchMusic website from outside of Canada? Can TeenNick be accessed from outside of the US?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm assuming you're talking videos and not the actual site? I can access the site fine, but the only time I've been able to access videos on the Much website is when I watched the most recent "Me to We" special they did. I don't know about TeenNick, but I'll assume it's similar to Much, except in the reverse.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I wonder if The Conjuring is playing at my neighborhood theaters. I've been in a huge horror movie binge. Finally watched Chernobyl Diaries, Insidious, and Black Swan. May was playing on IFC (or was it Sundance?) the other night and I rewatched that. I usually try to record any classic thrillers on TCM and was introduced to What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice recently. Ruth Gordon! I love her! If you like What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (one of the creepiest movies), you'd like this. Currently burning The Bad Seed and Children of the Damned to DVD. I know I've seen The Bad Seed but I can't remember if I've seen the original Children of the Damned.

I'm just never going to get caught up on recent Degrassi episodes.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Bad mod!

Okay, everyone's who not British repeat after me....it's just a baby.

A very rich baby, but still a baby.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You know what would help me keep up with the recent Degrassi episodes? Air an encore at midnight pacific time. Degrassi airs at 6 and that is not a time when I'm looking to sit down and watch a show. I would say 9 PST/12 ET but that is the 90s time slot and they better never take that away. Midnight would be perfect! Especially if I've been drinking because we all know that is how God intended for this program to be viewed.

That baby made the newest episode of Siberia postponed because of some special! I worry enough about that show being abruptly cancelled...hope they don't skip an episode.

Top Chef Masters premieres tonight! Bryan Voltaggio is back! He should have won his season. Bryan Voltaggio: From a teenager ‘amok’ to ‘Top Chef Masters’ - The Washington Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Passionate Fan

People that watch Big Brother: Who do you think is going home?!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
People that watch Big Brother: Who do you think is going home?!
I would have said Aaryn since I haven't been keeping up with the waffling. But now she is HOH. This has me nervous! And I think I'm at a point where I am extremely frustrated with the household decisions on who to put up. Why are McCrae and Amanda not targets? A couple is a huge threat. Why would you ever want to be in the finals with an alliance that strong? Break them up!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey everyone. I guess I should've mention this sooner but our (ShinyShinx and my) father passed away from lung cancer on July 12th. I've mostly spent the last few weeks with family. Although I'm beginning to get back into my everyday activities like listening to music or going out for walks, I still haven't gotten back into Degrassi. Clare's cancer storyline is hitting close to home and I don't think I'm ready to watch it yet. I'm still trying to stay spoiler free (well, I guess I failed considering I heard about Paula ) but in the mean time I guess I'll visit my regular threads.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalCouchPotato (View Post)
Hey everyone. I guess I should've mention this sooner but our (ShinyShinx and my) father passed away from lung cancer on July 12th. I've mostly spent the last few weeks with family. Although I'm beginning to get back into my everyday activities like listening to music or going out for walks, I still haven't gotten back into Degrassi. Clare's cancer storyline is hitting close to home and I don't think I'm ready to watch it yet. I'm still trying to stay spoiler free (well, I guess I failed considering I heard about Paula ) but in the mean time I guess I'll visit my regular threads.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'll keep you guys and your family in my thoughts.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, NocturnalCouchPotato (and ShinyShinx). I was just a few years older than you guys when I lost my mother and even though it's something that happened many years ago she's still on my mind everyday. My heart goes out to you guys and your family.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh Canada, first you give us Neil Young, then Degrassi, then SCTV, then Rachel McAdams, and now to add to the glory there's this......

Quote:
A cronut burger — a hamburger with a croissant-donut mix for a bun, topped with a maple bacon-jam — is one of many Frankenstein-like selections on the menu at this year's Canadian National Exhibition.
More, including a picture and some other great combos, including a Bacon Peanut Butter Milkshake.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread