Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
Hi new thread Didn't you know you came up.

From this talk about girl scout cookies...does anyone else call the Samoas Carmel deLites? Because that is what I grew up on and all the boxes are labeled here...but I don't think I've ever talked to anyone else who does...hmm...
Now that you mention it, I remember them being called that in the midwest! But out here in Seattle they are Samoas. I guess that's what they are on the east coast too. Very strange!

Ahum...my most recent interaction with our BFF Stefan Brogren:

@stefanbrogren Darkest moment: Kevin Smith's 1st appearance. Then everyone became celebrities. Honorable mention: Degrassi Goes Hollywood.

@kaleidocat You're cruel.

@stefanbrogren For fun I googled Degrassi jump the shark. I got Paradise City: Degrassi Goes Hollywood (review)@Everything2.com I'm still a fan of the show. But get it together.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

haha thats awesome!

all i know is that in Alabama they are called samoas.

-Jesi
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Now that you mention it, I remember them being called that in the midwest! But out here in Seattle they are Samoas. I guess that's what they are on the east coast too. Very strange!

Ahum...my most recent interaction with our BFF Stefan Brogren:

@stefanbrogren Darkest moment: Kevin Smith's 1st appearance. Then everyone became celebrities. Honorable mention: Degrassi Goes Hollywood.

@kaleidocat You're cruel.

@stefanbrogren For fun I googled Degrassi jump the shark. I got Paradise City: Degrassi Goes Hollywood (review)@Everything2.com I'm still a fan of the show. But get it together.
I saw that! I dont think he was even kidding! which leads me to think: these people HAVE to know there are serious problems with the quality of this show. They can't be that stupid. Listening to the Kevin Smith DVD, you can tell at least some of the writers just don't care about inconsistencies. I'm really interested in what happened to this show after season 5, behind the scenes. I'm just wondering how many people working on this show are embarrassed by it.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Nicole! Bwahahaha.

ETA: I remember how offended he got when people insinuated that they were trying to jumpstart Cassie's music career. They should just admit it. It makes more sense.

icon
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Total Fan

If you're a musician in real life and you're on Degrassi, DON'T WORRY! At some point we WILL give you a chance to display your singing/instrument playing on the show...even if it makes zero sense to your character's history or the current storyline.

I don't think they are embarrassed. I think they like the over-the-top cheesiness that they've been producing. As if it provides good contrast to the dramatic realistic stories or something.......unfortunately for them it takes away the heart of the show. Womp womp.

And I said it on Twitter, but I'll say it again. I love you Nicole
Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki333 (View Post)
I saw that! I dont think he was even kidding! which leads me to think: these people HAVE to know there are serious problems with the quality of this show. They can't be that stupid.
I think Stefan Brogren really thinks he created something special with Degrassi Goes Hollywood. When Erin tweeted him before it aired and said how she worried it was going to be very Disney Channel, he tweeted her back and was all "no no, it's nothing like Disney!" And then you have Jake Epstein laughing in interviews and saying "it's a fantasy Degrassi!" It's very weird how the actors and crew aren't on the same page. I agree with that review I posted a few posts up. If Degrassi Goes Hollywood was meant to be a fun fantasy, they didn't push it far enough. It leaves the audience confused about what their intention was. But ah hell, like Kathy said we should probably just take that movie with a grain of salt. If Manny wasn't back with Jay and they didn't mention shooting that Mewes flick in the season 9 premiere, I'd say it wasn't even canon.

Anyways, Crash. I had some dreams about old season 4 TV promos last night. Focused on Ashley and her thoughts on Craig, I think she was writing in that journal he gave her. It was positive for Crash. I think this is because all my screen savers have stopped working besides for this Degrassi: Craig season 3 one that shows his image and relation to all the characters. He passes Chris in the hall...in a band with Spinner...lead Emma on a quest...oh and Ashley is his girlfriend and dream girl. I miss the days when The-N was team Crash.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Lol omg, Stefan gets so butthurt about every stupid comment. Yet, he finds it odd that a fan of the show would be insulted when he, someone who works rather high up, disses their couple and doesn't even bother to thank them for something they made. I wish the exec would talk to Mr. Brogren about how he should be interacting with fans, because his method is really off, imo. (While the exec is just lovely, despite his extreme love/promotion for Alexz.) Anyway, I digress... maybe I'm just mad he never replied to my troll tweet telling him that he was a bit backwards to hate a couple for cheating on each other, considering the couples that he favors.

ANYWAY, now I am really done hating on him lol (as much as I'd LOVE to go on )... I loved reading your dream, Nicole. The journal was such a nice touch lol, your mind really remembers all of those little Crash details that unfortunately, the show now-a-days would probably forget about.

ALSO, how could I forget those awesome gifs! I love clueless Grandma... Kerwin? And the fist bump, which I read as FIRST bump for way too long.

ETA - I'm think that the GSC names are changed based on which factory they were produced in... why I'm adding this in so late, I do not know, hah.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So after watching a bunch of Manchester Orchestra on tour podcasts, I find myself thinking about Crash on tour. I still really like the idea of them in separate bands, both with a different sound. I'm just kicking this around as an idea for a fan fic, although if Crash on tour were ever in a spin-off bringing in Crash's bands would be a way to introduce new characters. God forbid Craig ever play with Studz. Anyway, it's just fun for me to think about them stuck on the road together. No luxurious tour bus; just two up and coming bands with a road trip type of feel to it. There would be lots of time for Crash to bond during those late night drives while everyone else sleeps.

If no one else wants to talk to me, Callie and I will just talk music. She made me smile last night when she admitted she was actually on FF and looking for an AA bump! This is my favorite podcast I think. "What is this? Why do you have this pain thing?"
Old 03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Callie, you gotta post that tweet if you still have it. I don't understand how he can dislike Spinner/Jane, who were adorable before the writers made her cheat and out of nowhere (again!) made the character a singer (I bet Holly J's next), and then he can support Crellie? Both of these characters cheated to be with each other! And they were never technically together....

As soon as I saw the ep description for DGH, I said it was written by two 14-year olds on a Pixi Stix sugar high. I still believe that.

icon
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Yay! I'm so glad you got into those podcasts, so matter how late in the game lol. 30 is one of the best. And I love your ideas of Crash touring together... I think something like that would work brilliantly. I'd like to see a fic of it!

Unfortunately, I deleted the tweet. But it was mostly something Nicole had said, which I think I still have...
Quote:
Nicole: and he ships crellie when that's all they do is cheat to be with each other. idiot.
He never replied, probably because he couldn't even back up his opinions... and there was no reason to insult me with a "you're cruel" like he did with Nicole.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I guess it's okay for Craig and Ellie to cheat with each other because the viewer isn't supposed to care about characters like Yevette or Jesse? And Spinner is up on this character pedestal?

I'm glad we got what we did in season 4. We're the only ship to have their own plot (2 seasons worth!) without being involved in a love triangle. I've always said I don't trust love triangle Craig and we got him declaring his love of Ashley to Aunt Sally the flirt. And he did this without knowing she was listening. He loved her and only her and for once wasn't fickle.

Look at that smile! I think it was then that she knew that she can fully trust him. We got such great build up after the season 3 love triangle.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

CrAsh on tour together would be epic!

-Jesi
Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

It's kind of creepy how the Exec pimps Alexz. I know she makes him money, but come on.

icon
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 PM
New Fan

I want crash back and sellie

I want crash back! I miss them so much!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

do you have a twitter nikki?