Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2023, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a busy weekend too. We don't have Thanksgiving though, just me singing in a concert and everyone visiting to watch me.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hi Carol and Claire

It’s a busy time of year

That’s nice Claire. Are you in a choir or band?
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Claire Oh, that sounds fun! I didn't remember that you sang. What kind of concert? I always wished I could sing.

Mel Yes, this is always a very busy time of year
Old 12-02-2023, 08:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sure is. Looking forward to time off in a couple weeks.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old 12-04-2023, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi bunnies

Do y'all have holiday plans or traditions you will do during this holiday season?

I celebrate Christmas, and I've gotten my tree up and decorated last week. Yesterday the weather was decent, so I put up the few decorations on my front porch: Christmas rug, Christmas wreath, and some fake poinsetta flowers set out.

Mel Your new icon is adorable
Old 12-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Between migraines related to barometric pressure changes and allergies. My whole family has year round allergies. Every Season we say it is getting worse. Even with doing/cleaning and dusting to remove dust mite excretions(that is what people are allergic to. It looks like dust/mixes with dust. Kill mold several times a week, Spray allergen reducer to curtains. At least these migraines aren't severe. Just bad enough to be tired all the time and deal with post nasal drip...:yuck: Had to miss a few appointments. One because of a death in the family. Took a month to be rescheduled since I can do only 12 noon or later appointments. We celebrated Thanksgiving early. Good thing we did since on Thanksgiving, I was unable to get out of bed until 6 PM. My husband, daughter and son can eat anytime and whatever they want. When I got up, I heated up two roasted turkey dinners with mashed potatoes, gravy, a little dressing, mixed vegetables. Had cooked diced apple with sugar and cinnamon that came with the meal. They were Hungry Man meals!!!!!
The week before I cooked a turkey breast in the crock pot. That turned out so well. We enjoyed sandwiches and turkey soup!!!

Hope all is well with the friends who post.

Last edited by *KindKennen*; 12-05-2023 at 05:14 PM
*KindKennen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Karen Dust is one of my allergen triggers, too, but thankfully I don't have the major reactions you do.

Hope all the bunnies are doing well
Old 12-06-2023, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks Carol. I love Christmas decorations. Sounds lovely. I celebrate Christmas too. I enjoy decorating and looking at Christmas lights. I won’t be going out of town but all my family is here. So just sending time with them. My sister is due on the 15th. I enjoy going to candle light service for Christmas Eve and or New Year’s Eve.

Karen Sounds like a tough time. I hope you’re doing better.

Turkey soup sounds good.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi bunnies

Mel I don't think I've ever tried turkey soup

Oh, you have a niece or nephew coming in a week! So exciting! Is this her first child?

This weekend is the Christmas parade in the town next to ours. We live in a very rural area of Oklahoma. We live actually out of town, but my husband is the Police Chief in the small town right next to ours. Their Christmas parade is Saturday, and since it's such a small police force and town, he'll help work the parade. I'll take the grandbabies to see the parade. Last year, Abbi, the oldest LOVED it!
Old 12-08-2023, 08:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Carol - Karen was mentioning turkey soup. I’ve made/had it only once. It was good! I made it like chicken soup.

No this will be her third. I’m excited!

That sounds like fun. Enjoy!

My other sister’s birthday is this weekend. I’m taking her for coffee/breakfast tomorrow
Old 12-11-2023, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I hope all the bunnies are doing well

This is the final exam week at the university where I teach, so lots of grading, grading, grading for me.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Good luck.

Busy at work for me. Just counting down to some time off soon.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

I have had trouble getting onto any thread on Off Topic Board. I try a different time during the day. Finally got through!!! I have been spending two-six hours each day with our severely autistic son. He has been a big help, too. Dean, my husband, has thanked me because Samuel sleeps better at night.

Because of that, my newsletter isn't quite finalized and printed. I was hoping to give a copy to my O.T. hand therapist and hand surgeon tomorrow. God knew spending quality time with our son now that he is stable on his medications and not easily angered!!! He would go from laughing/giggling to anger and attacking us. No attacking us or himself for almost a month now!!! That was more important then trying to meet a deadline!!!

Take care!!! Samuel assisted with some Christmas/Holiday decorating the past two days.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Mel will you get much time off at the holidays?

Karen Spending time with your son is way more important than any self-imposed deadline

I'm still in the midst of grading, but hope to have it all done before the weekend. We are taking a quick trip up to Branson MO to see the holiday lights with the whole family: Tommy and I, the stepdaughters, the son-in-law and the two grandbabies.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Carol - I’m working three days this week and then I’ll be off until January 2nd.

Were you able to finish the grading before the weekend?

How was the trip?

Karen - That's definitely way more important And that’s nice Samuel helped with Christmas stuff.

I saw a play/musical Friday night called Holiday Inn. I enjoyed it. Saturday I spent time with my brother. And today the usual household stuff but also a lot of relaxing.
Reply   Post New Thread