Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

College flashbacks were definitely needed and wanted. It sucks they barely gave us any.

That's me too. I can watch all the episodes (while ffing through a lot of the stuff I don't care about). Not sure how I will be with S8 but I'm pretty sure I will not like it.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutPrincess88 (View Post)
ITA!!! I wish we got to see more of NHL during the college years.

S5 was alright, not my favourite but I can still sit through the episodes, S8 not so much.

Same here. There were just so many opportunities in that season for us to see college flashbacks and see more of how NH dealt with baby Jamie and then we got 1 or 2 scenes.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
S5 was kind of a mess. I don't hate it like some others do but it's frustrating.
Yeah even I think that in general, lot of fans expect to see ton of flashbacks, but it wasn't enough because we still don't know what's going on in those 4 years.. Sigh.. It's suck..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Since we got a time jump in S5 it would have been good if they showed more flashbacks bc it was kind of a big jump. Alot can happen in 4 years and we missed out on it so it would have been good to see more.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Completely agree w/ you on lot of things happen in those 4 years..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I wish we had gotten more flashbacks, too. I feel like I remember Mark making a comment in one of the s5 commentaries about the lack of flashbacks. I think he said something about how they had planned on doing more flashbacks, but thought that with all the new characters, the fans would be more interested in learning about them or something to that extent. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember thinking that I would've rather seen flashbacks because I didn't really care about the new characters. I liked some of them, but I would've much rather seen flashbacks, so we would've had a better understanding of what had happened in the past that was affecting what was happening in the present.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think he said something about how they had planned on doing more flashbacks, but thought that with all the new characters, the fans would be more interested in learning about them
Really? I didin't know that. LOL. Why would we want to know more about pointless characters instead of seeing tidbits of a really important stage of the main characters' lives? Oh Mark.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel (View Post)
I wish we had gotten more flashbacks, too. I feel like I remember Mark making a comment in one of the s5 commentaries about the lack of flashbacks. I think he said something about how they had planned on doing more flashbacks, but thought that with all the new characters, the fans would be more interested in learning about them or something to that extent. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember thinking that I would've rather seen flashbacks because I didn't really care about the new characters. I liked some of them, but I would've much rather seen flashbacks, so we would've had a better understanding of what had happened in the past that was affecting what was happening in the present.
I didn't know that when he said that, but I'm pretty sure that he's only one who actually interesting about new characters unlike us.. I mean, I really don't care about them which that's why Mark needs to know that they are called guest characters, not main characters.. So lame..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

S5 had lots of potential and there was some great scenes (esp now compared to say S8 for NH). But yeah the missed opportunities were huge and a lot of it esp after 5.13 was realllllyyyyyyyyy boring.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Completely agree w/ you and I have to be honest that I think that LL's wedding episode was so awesome, but after that, everything totally went snooze-fest... Since I have to admit that I was watching that season in few weeks ago..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Really? I didin't know that. LOL. Why would we want to know more about pointless characters instead of seeing tidbits of a really important stage of the main characters' lives? Oh Mark.
It's been a really long time since a listened to the season 5 commentaries, so I could be wrong or I could be remembering wrong, but I'm almost positive I remember him saying something about the lack of flashbacks that made me go WTF?!

Quote:
S5 had lots of potential and there was some great scenes (esp now compared to say S8 for NH). But yeah the missed opportunities were huge and a lot of it esp after 5.13 was realllllyyyyyyyyy boring.
Agreed. I actually liked season 5, as a whole, up through 5x12. Yeah the Nanny Carrie stuff was really frustrating and I thought Peyton was extremely annoying, but overall, I liked it. I thought the episodes after the writers strike were pretty boring. I liked 5x13 solely for NH, but I thought the episode itself was kind of boring and the rest of the episodes after that stayed with the boring theme.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why the hell would we care about the new characters? Most care about the characters that have been around for a while. Some crazy logic.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Agreed. I actually liked season 5, as a whole, up through 5x12. Yeah the Nanny Carrie stuff was really frustrating and I thought Peyton was extremely annoying, but overall, I liked it. I thought the episodes after the writers strike were pretty boring. I liked 5x13 solely for NH, but I thought the episode itself was kind of boring and the rest of the episodes after that stayed with the boring theme.
I liked the first half of season 5 as well, but after that it was like torture.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It's been a really long time since a listened to the season 5 commentaries, so I could be wrong or I could be remembering wrong, but I'm almost positive I remember him saying something about the lack of flashbacks that made me go WTF?!
That was um, interesting when he said that.. But it's dumb when he said that.. But I think that season 5 have lot of potential since they didn't show them in college..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

The start of it all:

credit: leave-me-hypnotized-love